Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Fuel Sending Unit

Wanted 
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mirage 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 automatic convertible

Ok guys, need a little help and compassion here. I've been dealing with an erratic fuel gauge for several months now and it's driving me nuts. I've replaced the sending unit twice now, once when I replaced the fuel pump , (the pump died), and again later, I put the original back on thinking maybe the new pumps sending unit was bad from the factory. Well that didn't fix it either. So I'm looking to replace the sender mounted on the jet pump. (Passenger side). Anybody got one they want to let go of, cheap. I'm broke, but this is driving me nuts.

Any help greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Sorry about that, it's a 2005 V6 convertible. I'll edit the original post in a moment.

And no, I haven't ruled out the passenger side sending unit yet, (there are 2, one attached to the fuel pump on the drivers side, and one attached to the jet pump on the passengers side. The signals from both are passed to the SJB, which does some magic calculation and sends that signal to the dash gauge). So it could be the gauge, or the SJB as well, everything else runs great. But one thing at a time.
I can jet the whole jet pump for $230+ from Ford or eBay, but I just don't have that kind of money right now.

Thanks

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.