Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Vortech supercharged V6 engine for sale

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  232SCstang 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im sure some of you remember me, I post somewhat often. I have decided to jump up to a V8 for my car. I just purchased a 95 Cobra 5.0 motor for my little stang, but now I have nothing to do with my V6 in my car, so I decided to sell it. I figured I would post it on here first because im sure a lot of you guys would like to have it. Its a 1998 232v6 with a vortech supercharger kit. The engine is in mint running order. It has about 100,000 with no problems. I always changed the oil at 2,500 miles. It still in my car right now so if you would like to hear it run, you can call me up over the phone and listen to her purr. I will pull the motor out for you, drain all the fluids and clean it up as best as I can for whoever buys it. The computer also comes with the car. Id like to get $2,000 for the motor and blower. I think this is a good deal because the blower kit alone is $2,700. Im sure the engine is worth something too because it runs great. Please feel free to reply on here if you have any questions, or get a faster response by emailing me at formulamx@wi.rr.com

#2 ·
That is a pretty good deal for a ford v6 with a supercharger. how many miles are on the supercharger alone. Anyway im not going to buy it just wondering and getting some info for any suspecting buyers. By the way when i did my v6 to v8 swap IT WAS A BI**H damn wiring harnesses. Glad to hear you are making the swap. The only true way to get decent power and have great engine to build off of.

#4 ·
I am located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin...Just south of Milwaukee. The supercharger itself has about 50k miles on it. If that seems to high for you I saw a rebuilt kit for it for a couple hundred. I don't have a dyno sheet, I never got it dyno'd. I was meaning to, and meaning to, and next thing ya know, 3 years went by....lol. It runs good though.

#5 ·
How much would you be willing to sell just the blower and piping for?

#8 ·
Brent said:
A1yola is looking for a Vortech. Might try contacting him
He can contact me. I'm in no rush. Besides, if he wants one, then don't you think he would be actively looking? And for the other dude asking about just the blower kit, I suppose maybe $1600

#9 ·
well hell, how much would shipping be on the whole engine? What size are your injectors and throttle body? Do you have ported/polished intakes/heads?

Or is this just a stock engine with a supercharger slapped on?

#11 ·
Autobadges said:
2000 for engine...1600 for s/c alone? uhh 400 buck engine? LOL
That's what I said!

#12 ·
Hey, if you don't like the price, give me more. Keep in mind the engine has 100,000 miles on it, so if I were to buy an engine like that, I would rebuild it. So what do you think it is worth? And for shipping, I'm not sure. Probably a few hundred. Heads and intake are not polished or ported. Injectors are whatever the kit comes with. TB I believe is 60mm, but that is not definite. I don't know why you would ask if it is a stock engine with a supercharger slapped on, haven't you seen in the first post that it is a "kit"?

#13 ·
232SCstang said:
I don't know why you would ask if it is a stock engine with a supercharger slapped on, haven't you seen in the first post that it is a "kit"?
What came with the kit? and what would you include in your $1600 supercharger deal?

Some people do extra work on their engines to "prep" them for power adders (forged internals, larger injectors, RR, different cams, p/p heads & upper/lower intakes) - That's why I asked if it's a stock engine

#15 ·
You get everything that came with the kit, injectors, vaccume lines, throttle body, extra fuel pump, blower, mounting bracket, and idler pulley on the bracket. As for the other post, do I know what my engine had? What kind of a question is that? Id had oil. It had gas. It had coolant, It had power....I mean be specific. If you are wondering about horsepower wise, I have no clue, my guess is maybe 220 hp.

#16 ·
OK...I was pretty interested in the supercharger until you started being an ass. It might help to just answer potential buyers questions without trying to be sarcastic and make people look bad. No one yet has asked you a bad question and you still haven't answered mine. How big are the injectors? What pullies come with the blower? How big of a fuel pump comes with it? (I'm guessing 255lph) Is there a warranty on the parts? Where did you get the blower from?

#17 ·
highly doubt its with a 255 pump dude, most likely the 155 or so that the stock one would come with....i just don't think he has an idea as to the size, injectors are probably stock as well. Honestly, I just think its a bone stock engine with the stock vortech supercharger on there. Hopefully there is still a warranty

#18 ·
heramb22 said:
OK...I was pretty interested in the supercharger until you started being an ass. It might help to just answer potential buyers questions without trying to be sarcastic and make people look bad. No one yet has asked you a bad question and you still haven't answered mine. How big are the injectors? What pullies come with the blower? How big of a fuel pump comes with it? (I'm guessing 255lph) Is there a warranty on the parts? Where did you get the blower from?
No the fuel pump I believe is identical to the Holly 110 pump (blue). I don't know what pound injectors are on there, it's whatever came with the kit. I got the kit from my friends speed shop, but you can buy the same kit brand new for anywhere between $2,300-$3,000. Here is a link for one place that has the kit. http://www.need-4-speed.com/V6%20Performance%20Corner.htm Just scroll down and you will see a section that says "Power adders". The pulley is whatever the stock one is. The whole kit is stock. Everything from the box. Nothing was changed. NOTHING. There are no other pullies that come with it. Factory warrenty expired just a few months ago, and Im not going to personally give you a warrenty on it. It works, its still in the car. Come test drive it if you want. Now as far as your little remark about me being an ass, whatever dude. Either you want it or not, im not going to beat around the bush and play these games. Its as easy as that. Buy it or don't. Personally I don't care if you buy it, because someone else will. Not like its going to hurt my feelings.

#20 ·
I don't know why you guys are being an ass to him. If you aren't going to buy it, leave his thread alone? He's selling a good kit for a good price.

V-2 SQ: 8-9 PSI, 215/259 hp/tq, stock crank pulley, 3.33"/6 SC pulley, the ignition is stock, the fuel pump is 155LPH.

#22 ·
I will try to get some pics up. I got the kit(the basic s/c kit) and then I kinda made a deal with my buddy at his shop to purchase some injectors, TB, exhaust from his shop. The whole thing together not counting exhaust is what im considering the kit, sorry about the confusion. After the supercharger install, we modified the computer some, such as the gas/air mixture parameters and a little timing with a hypertech programmer...and also to modify the tranny shiftpoints and whatnot. Its a really good combo I have under the hood. She has some pretty decent power.

#23 ·
yea, im just new and stuff, im also kinda new to the mustang world, but im actualy really interested in this, having a supercharger and a spare engine for more than either costs sounds good too me, if i can get up the money. well, i live in west bend, washington co. not too far from you id say, just lettin you know i might want to come down and take a look at this. ill let you know if i can get the money. there really isnt too much of a point to this message except to let you know i exist. heh, sorry, thanks

#24 · (Edited)
sexualmilkshake said:
yea, im just new and stuff, im also kinda new to the mustang world, but im actualy really interested in this, having a supercharger and a spare engine for more than either costs sounds good too me, if i can get up the money. well, i live in west bend, washington co. not too far from you id say, just lettin you know i might want to come down and take a look at this. ill let you know if i can get the money. there really isnt too much of a point to this message except to let you know i exist. heh, sorry, thanks
If you're interested, you can buy the whole car for $6,950 obo. I need to sell ASAP.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.