electrical problem - 2005 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #1

electrical problem - 2005

Hi,
First post...
I have a 2005 and yesterday, both my key fobs stopped working. The batteries in both check out OK. I went to check the fuses and can't get the fuse box cover off!
Can anyone shed some light on what could cause the remotes to suddenly stop working and how do I get this danged fuse box cover off???
Thanks!
Aaron
2005Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: electrical problem - 2005

Did your battery recently die or did you recently replace it? If so, that would cause them to require reprogramming...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #3

UPDATE:
Using the procedure in the owner's manual, I reprogrammed the fobs and they now work, but not like they did before.
Before, one press of the lock button would lock the doors and flash the lights. Two presses of the lock button would lock the doors, flash the lights, and chirp the horn ONCE.
Now, one press locks the doors. No lights.
Two presses locks the doors, NO lights and the horn chirps three times.

PLUS - now my headlights (only, no other lights) are on dimly when ever the key is in the ignition. It didn't used to do that. They are not on fully, just about half regular brightness.
I don't like my headlights being on all the time.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
2005Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Did you place your fobs next to a magnet? Doing so could have erased them. Some of those features maybe programming issues, what I mean by that is that the alarm has features as to whether or not the lights flash, the horn honks and if one click locks one or both doors.

However it sounds like the problem may be a little more. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Have your favorite tech hook up a diagnostic reader-to make sure that you aren't pulling any codes. It sounds like something additional-outside of deprogrammed/reprogrammed fobs is happening too...
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

2005Aaron-I could hardly believe it my own self yesterday I decided to attempt to adjust the passenger door reveal. I was successful at that then the same thing happened-that you wrote about. (I will have to say that earleir in the day-with an adult riding in the vehicle-my wife -that the passenger airbag "off" light was lit on the dashboard-for some unknown reason) And I made that adjustment to the latch-as I said... My pea brain wants to connect these two separate things-as to why my fobs deprogrammed themselves-cuz they did for no known reason, suddenly. OK-so I get the manual out-in the driveway-and I am NOT able to reprogram either keyless fob. I give up. This morning I unlock the car-old school-with the key. I get to work. I turn the car off. I decide for "grins" to try the fob-it works!: So I try the programming sequence-and reprogram both fobs on the spot.. WOW! The aliens attacked my Mustang and put an alien whammy on the computer. I'm just going to keep an eye out and-find my ray gun-in the meantime...
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT