Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Whats this?

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Timbarna 
#1 ·
Any body know what this pad is for? Its in a 07 GT stick.

See less See more
#2 ·
Isn't stock in my 07 Add on alarm? cd changer in trunck? i don't think its a remote car starter ? might be a brake controler for boat trailor ? sorry

#4 ·
Not like any i have seen

#8 ·
It's a hands free device. 99.99% positive on it. The image on the bottom button is a mouth with sound waves coming out. I've seen them installed on quite a few cars (especially Ford) and might even be Ford OEM, if they have it.

#10 ·
The top button is the "beam me up" button. :uhh:The lower button is for obnoxious passengers-and ejects them from the sunroof...:disgust: If you purchased the vehicle used-ask your sales guy to call the person that traded the car-to get permission to "hook" the two of you up-as there is a privacy of information act. If the former owner consents-you can ask them.:good:

#11 ·
Don't touch that!!!!! If you push it your car turns into a Transformer......:)

#14 ·
I've seen some pretty bad OEM installed stuff, that is just half assed, car in and car out.

Now does Ford have the same thing? I thought I saw the very same thing (cleaner install though) on a brand new Ford?

#15 ·
just because its installed by ford doesn't mean anything, they installed the alarm (and maybe the cd player (6 CD changer kinwood (sp?) with sirus hook up))for the previous owner of my mustang and i was curious and started looking through it, the fuse box is hacked to **** and the alarm is missing a couple features the manual says it has (like instead of unlocking the trunk it just beeps very loudly a couple times) and the "bump" sensor (the sensor that lets you know if your car has been hit or w/e) isn't installed via the directions (under car, on frame somewhere) it is in fact buried in the rats nest way up under the steering column. but its a ford alarm system in a ford car.

#16 ·
Not to mention "installed by ford" usually means the cheapest auto shop in town did it and then ford marked it up 200% and put it on the sticker. They did this all the time to poor old fools when I worked in the business. The dealership would send a truck over for a 150 dollar bedliner, which they got at a discount since they sent us all their business, then they'd put it on the sticker as an added feature for 300 dollars or so. I guess people just don't realize they could buy a vehicle bone stock and buy every extra thing the dealerships do to them for half as much aftermarket.

#17 ·
^ I was just going to say a lot of dealers use outside installers from local shops. The last shop I was in used to get calls from the Bimmer dealer down the block. So let me rephrase what I've been saying (asking), Isn't that piece a Ford part?

#18 ·
that sucks, i just figured what ever shop i bring it to does the work, thats a bunch of bs... probably why my grandma's mercury always came back from the dealership with different problem than it went in with. just another reason to keep doing all my own work, its cheaper and i know who did it.

#19 ·
:rolleyes:I like the "transformers" reference..:burnout:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.