Pypes Mid Muffler Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #1

Pypes Mid Muffler Exhaust

Has anybody heard this setup in person? Preferably without an off road x/h pipe? The reviews on American Muscle seem to be awesome and I know Youtube doesn't do justice. I just wanted to hear some opinions from people who have heard it in person.
Tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #2

Re: Pypes Mid Muffler Exhaust

Has nobody really heard this catback? At all?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I've hear the v6 mid muffler system in person. It sounded decent for a v6...I'd imagine the v8 system would sound good. The Pypes "Violator" mufflers sound good. I've heard them on an 02 GT in person and they were pretty sweet...had a nice growl/bark to it. Those usually come with the v8 systems.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

I had the mid muffler system on my 06 GT with the factory cats it sounded really good. the fit and finish sucks. and if you take the cats off it sounds like ****. I had to cut the pass side exhaust tip off and weld it back to make it straight. over all I say spend a little more more money and buy a set of borla stingers and be done.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #5

Thanks for the help. what I'd do is just do the catback at this time, then possibly get a catted x and/or headers eventually. I don't really have plans of going o/r because its a daily driver.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Dood-"off road" is just a way for a manufacturer to bypass EPA decibel limitations/regulations. Most people would use an aftermarket product-marked that way-on the street, having no intention of being "off road". For most manufacturers to legitimize themselves and NOT call a product "off road" is an expensive process that they are unwilling to spend the money for.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #7

Yeah I know that. I know 3 people with o/r x-pipes on their cars and obviously drive on the streets. What I meant was I do not want to go with a h-pipe or x-pipe with no cats. Atleast not yet. Although it does sound awesome I don't want something that insanely loud. Again, yet.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #8

Will I need to buy the exhaust hanger kit also or can you re-use the stock hangers?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I promise you-if you value your "peace of mind"-you will want to keep it powerful, breathing better with a nice exhaust note-but NOT too loud in the cabin-as it will give you a headache-not to mention, potentially disturbing the peace. That changes if it will primarily be a `strip car...
I promise-I'm not some old fart that doesn't appreciate a nice exhaust note-I just know too raucous does not enhance- by experience.
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #10

I'm barely 18 and thats exactly how I feel too. I heard one in the Best Buy parking lot last weekend that was probably louder at idle than mine is at WOT, so thats not at all what I want, at least while its a daily driver for sure. I put in the order for the Pypes Mid Muffler catback sunday so it should be here tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

i agree with not to loud, i know a guy with a 94 gt that just cut off everything past the h-pipe... went on a long road trip with him, the vibrating and drove gave me a headache

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

...and let it be said, Tompkins: you always have the option to make it quieter.
See how the cabin noise level is-after the install, and driving it a little while-with the windows both up and down-and don't get rid of the stuff that you are taking off the car-save it.
If it's too dang loud-quiet it back down.
Performance is the goal-just not at the expense of your-and everyone else's serenity..

Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #13

Wise words. I'll keep that in mind. I received the mid muffler setup today and I'm getting it installed tomorrow at 3. I'll let you know how it sounds.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust