TPMS light ?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to wkndpaintballer
TPMS light ??

My light came on today on the way home and wouldn't go off. I've had my new rims and tires for 3 months and over 10k miles and all it has been doing thus far is flashing a few times then cutting off but like I said it came on today and stayed solid all the way home even after I cut the car off and restarted it. Is there something else that makes that light cut on or any ideas of why it's just now staying on all the time?

NOBODY cares about threats over the internet. Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard. FIGHTING ONLINE is like racing in the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still RETARDED .
wkndpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: TPMS light ??

Sounds like they need to be relearned. They are worthless and a pain in the ***. I assume you did install them into the new rims?

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Nope I have no sensors at all and haven't had a problem until yesterday

NOBODY cares about threats over the internet. Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard. FIGHTING ONLINE is like racing in the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still RETARDED .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

If you are still in possession of the "take offs" -you needed to take the sensors("fastened" inside and attached to said wheels)-then you needed to get the larger bands/fasteners-to attach the sensors to the inside of the newer, larger wheels. `Should recalibrate itself.
I purchased the sensor band/attachment kit at the local Ford dealer-after I read online about TPMS "kits" on American Muscle's website. (I did not purchase their little "programmer"). This meant that I had to dismount/re-mount the "take offs" to extract the stock sensors-which I installed on the inside of my new 18s-never had a problem-and won't. I think that you "got away with" no indicator for a long time-"free" :. Yes the TPMS may seem like a pain in the butt to some-but it's there in the car-and you might as well utilize it-via the means that I have suggested-or go to American Muscle's website and search for TPMS-where you can go that route as well..
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i mean i have no use for the TPMS i can tell when my tires are low i just want the light to cut off but im just confused on why it took over 10k miles over 3 months to finally decide to come on full time

Old 11-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #6

Region: Maryland

i have an 06 gt with the premium package..the only thing i felt "gypped out of" was my leather seats weren't heated and no sirius radio on my shaker 500..which came in the 07..i definently am GLAD i didn't get the tpms,,,pain in the ***......
billr814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

when it gets cold out side the air pressure will go down and sometimes cause this i had mine filled with nitrogen and stop that
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well the light went back off today

Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

are you sure you don't have sensors in your wheels and just don't know it
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Positive

Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I went to the dealership today and asked if they could cut the tpms off and they said there is no way to cut it off the only thing to do is buy new sensors and install them in the wheels. Surely it can be cut off and they just want more money out of me

Old 11-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Ford has this TPMS per Federal Guideline(s) on ?every vehicle-`doubt that they will "cut it off"...
Dismount those tires from your wheels, attach the sensors in those wheels, re-balance/ remount them-and take advantage of the programming.
It let me know recently about an under inflated tire-yes, I had been slacking a little, regarding checking tire pressure(s) :whistle:-`turns out I had a screw in the center of the tread on the right rear-which I had repaired -everything resets automatically-as soon as you are driving again..
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT