05 fuel pump NEED HELP! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #1

sglide18 is unknown around these parts
05 fuel pump NEED HELP!

newbie,my problem had fuel pump replaced just before warr. ran out in 3-30-09. i have only driven it 500mi. around town since,except this past wk. i drove it on a 100mi. trip. starting doing same as before,after cruising 60mph for a while stopped at redlight,pulled out big pause then took off. talked to service mgr. told me warr. was out and even if it wasn't ford would only fix it only one time under the TSB. Has anyone tried an after market fuel pump with any success,since i'll be paying for one o/o pocket i don't want to put same ford part back on.Thanks for any help!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

OsirisGuy is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: 05 fuel pump NEED HELP!

I would think there is a warranty on both the labor and part. I would check the paper work from when they did the work to see if there is anything about parts and labor. I'm not 100% correct on this but shouldn't TSB be covered out of warranty? If I think about it, I guess it wouldn't but I still think it's a good question to pick up.

Did they use the same exact part, part number? Usually in the case of a fuel pump Ford/Motorcraft is the best, least expansive way to go.

But maybe somebody with a S197 Mustang can chime in as well as someone who is more familiar with Ford's service operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

MetallicMist is unknown around these parts

I would think that as long as you have the work order showing the date that the new fuel pump was installed then you can return the vehicle to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Only making one attempt to satisfy a TSB is BS. Besides, you had warranty work done prior to the warranty expiring, and they need to honor the fact that they didn't perform the work to your satisfaction. If the service manager won't honor his work, then demand to see the general manager. Good luck.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Blustreek is unknown around these parts

What was the symptom of the TSB of? Was is about the pause at the
light you referred to? Cause ur problem may be other things to look at than just ur fuel pump.Try pulling DTC's from the ECM,It'll point you in the right direction instead of criticising the situation.Happy Hunting! I mean after all 2005 is the first year of a new fleet of stangs.Maybe a glitch in the program that needs reflashing? Anything's possible with today's technology.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The Darkside is unknown around these parts

Any word on some codes yet?
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

99ford is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

A TSB will only be covered under warranty. I've got the Ford ESP on mine the dealer said the TSB has to be preformed first then the warranty will pick up anything past that. What symptoms is it exhibiting? This may seem like stupid question, but at any point since you last drove the car, did they flash the computer? Or has it been done within the past 1K miles? Remember the S197 Mustang has a electronic throttle control so sometimes it takes a minute for it to catch on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT