confused. need help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
confused. need help.

ok i been back and forth for several months and driving myself and my gf insane... i been thinking about getting rid of the mustang after all the money i have invested into it. i just dont think im a car guy. i miss having a big truck. i dont feel comfortable in a car. i been back and forth on a used lifted diesel or a 1500 truck lifted. 4wd or 2wd. i have never owned a 4wd before. the only thing stopping me is that a have a reg cab 98 chevy truck already but its too small and i get compliments on my mustang all the time and my gf loves it. my 2 now full grown lab "puppies" wont fit in my car or my reg cab truck either lol. so what do yall think i should do?
07gt. sct 93octane custom tune,bbk cold air intake,kooks LT headers,o/r x-pipe,borla stingers, ford racing 3.73 gears,19" tsw wheels,eibach sportline lowering springs, 12k hid headlights, clear turn signal lens, cdc upper and lower billet grille.
07stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: confused. need help.

keep the stang....sell the truck to get a bigger one.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i would but i dont want 2 notes. the truck is paid for the stang isnt. also dont have enough room for 3 vehicles including my gf vehicles.
07gt. sct 93octane custom tune,bbk cold air intake,kooks LT headers,o/r x-pipe,borla stingers, ford racing 3.73 gears,19" tsw wheels,eibach sportline lowering springs, 12k hid headlights, clear turn signal lens, cdc upper and lower billet grille.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I hope I'm never in this type of situation...depending on how much you owe on the mustang, you could sell it privately and buy a used truck and an older used mustang (just to keep the gf happy and have the speed/sound), but then you'd have 3 vehicles and you said that wouldn't work too well...tough call man.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

yea but the think is shes in love with the stang i have no cuz u dont see many in this color esp. with the silver stripes and no one has my wheels. im just not a car guy.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

If YOU don't like the stang....sell it. Don't keep it JUST because the gf likes it......is she dating you, or the damned car? If YOU like the stang, and want to keep it, then by all means, keep it. As I said before, sell the truck, and get a bigger one. I DIDN'T say newer one, just a bigger one. Take the $$ u get from the 98, and if you have to save-up for a month or two, to get a bigger one, then fine. If you are in the situation as some of us are....living paycheck to paycheck (myself included), then you don't really NEED two vehicles, and probably need to cut some expenses anyway. Even if $$ is the issue, as Sonicpony stated, you could always get an older mustang, for a reasonable price. I sold my P.O.S. 95 Silverado for 3700, and found my 96 GT for 3k, and it's in DAMNED good shape!!
Quote:
Old 12-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #7

Talking Re: confused. need help.

Well... i just did the opposite myself and dropped my truck for my mustang. Hey... why not mod your stang to the extreme and lift it
Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

What does your GF drive? If she likes the 'Stang so much, would she buy it from you, and then you could get a different truck? Regardless, if you part with the Mustang, what will you do with the truck? Do you need it for your job? Do you need to regularly haul or tow things? Or would it be a toy? What I'm getting at is do you NEED a truck, or do you just want one? I know that's your personal choice; just trying to ask those questions if you haven't asked them yourself. Might help you decide what to do. Also try making a list with the pros and cons for each vehicle: payment, insurance costs, fuel costs, uses for the vehicles (towing, keeping the GF happy, etc.) and when you list it all out on paper, it's easier to make your decision. Good luck.
MetallicMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

You can always make room for more vehicles....my house is a good example lol. Have you looked into selling both the stang and truck and getting something fun with the money? Trailblazer SS's are a hell of alot of fun and still have plenty of room to haul stuff.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

yea i have looked into the trailblazer ss. they are sweet,but i rather a truck. i think its just because i get tired of the same vehicle after 2 years. i sold my 04 chevy 2500hd and bought the mustang and im starting to regret it. i dont haul anything heavy just a jetski. my gf has a 96 dodge ram reg cab 4x4 and a 03 ford diesel ext cab the dogs dont fit too well in a ext cab lol. and she has 2 horses and a 3 horse trailer. i think i just want a big lifted truck again. i think its just a WANT thing. the smart thing would be to wait out the economy to get better but idk. haha
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stang View Post
ok i been back and forth for several months and driving myself and my gf insane... i been thinking about getting rid of the mustang after all the money i have invested into it. i just dont think im a car guy. i miss having a big truck. i dont feel comfortable in a car. i been back and forth on a used lifted diesel or a 1500 truck lifted. 4wd or 2wd. i have never owned a 4wd before. the only thing stopping me is that a have a reg cab 98 chevy truck already but its too small and i get compliments on my mustang all the time and my gf loves it. my 2 now full grown lab "puppies" wont fit in my car or my reg cab truck either lol. so what do yall think i should do?

Remember...."Good things come to those that wait"
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #12

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stang View Post
yea i have looked into the trailblazer ss. they are sweet,but i rather a truck. i think its just because i get tired of the same vehicle after 2 years. i sold my 04 chevy 2500hd and bought the mustang and im starting to regret it. i dont haul anything heavy just a jetski. my gf has a 96 dodge ram reg cab 4x4 and a 03 ford diesel ext cab the dogs dont fit too well in a ext cab lol. and she has 2 horses and a 3 horse trailer. i think i just want a big lifted truck again. i think its just a WANT thing. the smart thing would be to wait out the economy to get better but idk. haha

Really?? I'd think now is the time you'd wanna buy if you can scrounge up the cash - especially if you're going for used cars (ie. private party purchases). I can understand the downsides though with buying used cars from dealers due to interest rates/loans.
FenixBirdWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Its simple, you need to sit down and weigh the pro's and con's and determine what you really want now and going forward and go with that. A mustang isnt for everyone just like a truck isnt for everyone.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Its simple, you need to sit down and weigh the pro's and con's and determine what you really want now and going forward and go with that. A mustang isnt for everyone just like a truck isnt for everyone.
+10!
Quote:
Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Well u already had a 3/4 ton truck. So u know what they are both like. If you liked the truck better than get another truck. It's not you can't ever get another mustang.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

: Wow... what a "luxury problem"... 1)You could replace those dogs with 2 cats 2) +1 for the "good things come to those who wait"-or- My needs which are taken care of-and my wants-which are NEVER satisfied 3) ONLY in America.. 4) +1 to the "sit down and write out the pros and the cons", scenario-sounds like your GF already has the PU... 5) take out the little bench seat in the extended cab-and build the dogs a much more acceptable "dog platform"
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the help guys, im keeping it and improving it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT