this is crazy. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
this is crazy.

the other day i was headed to work and there was the new camaro ss in the left lane about a car ahead of me. the light turned yellow and he slammed on the brakes and so did i. so we were lined up at the light and i look over at him and he gave me the "lets run them sign". so we are sitting there waiting on the light to turn green. the light turns green and my car launched perfect,never spun just barked and im watching my tach shifting a 6,300rpm every gear and i never spun the tires just barked 2nd and barked 3rd so when i hit 3rd, i looked up in my side mirror and he was about a car length or car and a 1/2 behind me and i couldnt believe it. so then i slowed down to 60mph to try to run him from 60mph and he wouldnt run it again.

i mean the 6sp camaro ss has the ls3 with 426hp and the auto has 400hp. idk which one he had but i know it was a ss. either these cars suck or he just didnt know how to drive. i mean my 07 gt stock is 300hp and i know i have lt headers,o/r x-pipe,3.73 gears,cai,and a custom tune and i doubt i have 400hp to the crank i mean idk, but still that race was never close i never saw him next to me.
07gt. sct 93octane custom tune,bbk cold air intake,kooks LT headers,o/r x-pipe,borla stingers, ford racing 3.73 gears,19" tsw wheels,eibach sportline lowering springs, 12k hid headlights, clear turn signal lens, cdc upper and lower billet grille.
07stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: this is crazy.

What kind of gearing does the SS have? Not to knock your car, but that 426HP SS gets better gas mileage than our stock GTs, so the gearing must reflect that. I suspect however that the driver doesn't know how to drive the car. Whatever the reason, good takedown! Now comes the mandatory no-no for running on the street...
MetallicMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
What kind of gearing does the SS have? Not to knock your car, but that 426HP SS gets better gas mileage than our stock GTs, so the gearing must reflect that. I suspect however that the driver doesn't know how to drive the car. Whatever the reason, good takedown! Now comes the mandatory no-no for running on the street...
i have no idea what gears it had. i dont know him. as far as gas mileage thats gm for you they all get good gas mileage. corvettes get damn good gas mileage. the 505hp z06 doesn't even have to pay the gas guzzler tax. speaking about gas mileage...
CANT WAIT FOR MY CAMS!lol
07gt. sct 93octane custom tune,bbk cold air intake,kooks LT headers,o/r x-pipe,borla stingers, ford racing 3.73 gears,19" tsw wheels,eibach sportline lowering springs, 12k hid headlights, clear turn signal lens, cdc upper and lower billet grille.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Well either way good kill. I bet he'll think twice about taking a newer GT mustang, lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Well either way good kill. I bet he'll think twice about taking a newer GT mustang, lol.
yea you aint lyin. i never was a mustang fan i was always a camaro and vette fan but when they did away with a camaro i had to buy a mustang now the only way i wont have a mustang is if i get a vette.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stang View Post
yea you aint lyin. i never was a mustang fan i was always a camaro and vette fan but when they did away with a camaro i had to buy a mustang now the only way i wont have a mustang is if i get a vette.
I was a Trans Am Ws6 before a mustang fan. I really wanted one as my first car back in high school, but I couldn't afford one. They axed them in 02, and I was looking in 05, so everyone who had one for sale thought it was gold...so I ended up with the mustang.

I'm still a closet Ws6 fan, I wouldn't mind getting one someday.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was a Trans Am Ws6 before a mustang fan. I really wanted one as my first car back in high school, but I couldn't afford one. They axed them in 02, and I was looking in 05, so everyone who had one for sale thought it was gold...so I ended up with the mustang.

yep same here. i like them too. someday an ls1 is going in my 98 single cab chevy truck. just dont know when. in 07 i tried to get a black on black 2002 camaro ss 6spd with 16k miles on it at a dealership and they wanted way over retail for it. i offered them retail for it they wouldnt take it they said it was a collectors car and they are gonna wait on a collector that car was there for months and i laughed at them and said its not even the collectors ed. car. and they just watched me walk out and drive away after i offered them suggested retail on it. i went across the street and bought a 07 gt that i have now. it was in the used car lot with 480 miles on it. the owner before me had it for 1 month and knocked up his gf and got a suv.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

nice, also consider power to weight ratio. camaro has more power but also more wieght. i think i know the old ones were heavy not sure bout new ones
Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, you gotta love that...their loss...I had the same issue with the ones I looked at...price. I looked at a red Ws6 and a dark blue one...one was at a dealership and the other was a private seller. Neither would budge on price and were more than I was willing to pay...I would've paid 18k for the red one with 54,000 miles and it was an auto...that probably would've been too much, but I really liked the car...so I started looking at mustangs, quite a few before the one I currently have. I was going to get a Mach 1, but I really didn't want to pay the insurance premium (not that the Ws6 would've been better)...I was in high school and still wanted to have a life, lol.
So I found this one 2 1/2 hours away, checked it out...loved it and bought it...couldn't even drive it for 4 months because I only had my learner's permit.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

ive actually been looking at getting a v6 firebird or camaro with t tops just so i can work on the mustang and not have to worry about putting as many miles on it but i don't konw what a good price is.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I've been waiting to line up to one myself...I always seem to come across the fun cars when I'm in the work truck or we're in Tiff's car.

They are heavy, heavy cars.

Your car weighs in around 3500 lbs fully loaded with gas and you.
2010 SS camaro is around 3800 lbs fully loaded with gas and you.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
ive actually been looking at getting a v6 firebird or camaro with t tops just so i can work on the mustang and not have to worry about putting as many miles on it but i don't konw what a good price is.
Cheap! I've seen 3.4 camaros for a couple grand with 70k miles on them.
I'd probably go for one with the 3.8 though, so you can actually move, lol.
Just remember, some people think their v6 camaros and firebirds are gold because they don't make them anymore...definitely pass on them.

I'd pay the same for a 2000 v6 camaro/firebird that I'd pay for a 2000 v6 mustang.

Personally, if I had to choose, I'd go with the firebird...they look much better and there's enough of them around to find parts.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stang View Post
the other day i was headed to work and there was the new camaro ss in the left lane about a car ahead of me. the light turned yellow and he slammed on the brakes and so did i. so we were lined up at the light and i look over at him and he gave me the "lets run them sign". so we are sitting there waiting on the light to turn green. the light turns green and my car launched perfect,never spun just barked and im watching my tach shifting a 6,300rpm every gear and i never spun the tires just barked 2nd and barked 3rd so when i hit 3rd, i looked up in my side mirror and he was about a car length or car and a 1/2 behind me and i couldnt believe it. so then i slowed down to 60mph to try to run him from 60mph and he wouldnt run it again.

i mean the 6sp camaro ss has the ls3 with 426hp and the auto has 400hp. idk which one he had but i know it was a ss. either these cars suck or he just didnt know how to drive. i mean my 07 gt stock is 300hp and i know i have lt headers,o/r x-pipe,3.73 gears,cai,and a custom tune and i doubt i have 400hp to the crank i mean idk, but still that race was never close i never saw him next to me.
just goes to show dont matter how fast your car is if you cant drive it LOL! nice win bro! i know the feeling pulling out a win when everyone says its suppose to be a lose, im a sixer lol!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My buddy has one in my honest opinion this is one of the mist aggressive lookin cars besides a charger and a cobra! you know what i mean? how a car not only looks fast but just looks meaannnn
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
My buddy has one in my honest opinion this is one of the mist aggressive lookin cars besides a charger and a cobra! you know what i mean? how a car not only looks fast but just looks meaannnn
I know man, the lines in the bumper, the way they meet just gives off a sinister look, and that Ram Air hood...it's ****in boss!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i know bro lol! i had one just embarress me so bad, i jumped to try to get someone of a head start and man he had me flinchn when he came around me i mean unbelieveably fast! it had to have some kind swap in it man! def a v8 but not sure what but it was def air forced and moving fast! ill probably get one someday of that EXACT body style! silver or red would look good too

Old 01-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i know bro lol! i had one just embarress me so bad, i jumped to try to get someone of a head start and man he had me flinchn when he came around me i mean unbelieveably fast! it had to have some kind swap in it man! def a v8 but not sure what but it was def air forced and moving fast! ill probably get one someday of that EXACT body style! silver or red would look good too
Those LS1's are no slouches. What's funny is that they are just a OHV pushrod engine like ours. They did a good job in dominating mustangs in the power department...until mid year 02 that is, I'm sure you know why

Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

enlighten me choosen one?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
enlighten me choosen one?
Starts with a T and ends with an R...

Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

tuner LOL

Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
tuner LOL

Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

nigha dis aint wheel of fortune LOL....or is it?.......where vanna white

Old 01-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
nigha dis aint wheel of fortune LOL....or is it?.......where vanna white
On ma' dick, lol

Anyways, I'd like to solve the puzzle..."terminator" ...as a staff member I should probably conclude our mini convo so da boss (brent) stays happy and doesn't see this thread fall victim to the traditional ME style...5 page long, off topic shenanigans.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

LOL check you out doing it big man! let me know if you got my reply to your message...my computer acting up! anyway back to the thread 07stang i would like to see u get it dynod and see what u got....maybe u did be him heads up and if so u have a built a beast lol

Old 01-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL check you out doing it big man! let me know if you got my reply to your message...my computer acting up! anyway back to the thread 07stang i would like to see u get it dynod and see what u got....maybe u did be him heads up and if so u have a built a beast lol
i put it on the dyno to get my custom tune i did 312rwhp and 326rwtq the way it is now, but mutha thumpr cams,delete plates,underdrive pulleys,and im changing my cai to c&L racer in beginning of feb. and putting that baby back on the dyno to retune it and i will let everyone know.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

how much is a dyno tune by the way, like everything said and done for a good tune, i know ppl say it depends on time but just a ball park would be good!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
how much is a dyno tune by the way, like everything said and done for a good tune, i know ppl say it depends on time but just a ball park would be good!
around 300 bucks
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

sorry just to go back to the original post....

i have already seen 3 camaros smoked here in NYC. they are all SS's and they were all smoked by s197s mustangs lol i have no idea what mods were done to the mustangs however we never heard a whine so seems like they were noT supercharged.

the camaro owners were NOT happy. one of them i know as an aquaintance. he was like i paid top dollar for this freaken car lol he was pissed lol

and now that the new stang is a 5.0 he REALLY feels like he wasted him money lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT