2006 Mustang GT mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
2006 Mustang GT mods?

I just bought a 2006 Mustang GT. Leather interior, 5spd, vista blue color. I want to keep it for the most part stock. Although I am thinking of doing an exhaust upgrade and maybe a few little things like that. Exhaust because I want to hear the roar of that V8. What products and brands are highly recommended?

Thank you.
Nydaliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 2006 Mustang GT mods?

Exhaust all comes down to preference.. Personally I like the magnaflow setup, I have heard it in person, and it sounds really good, but the $$$ is HIGH

As for cold air intake, chips/other small things, check out recent and a few past issues of 5.0 mustangs and super fords or muscle mustangs and fast fords, there are gobs of horsepower gains/dyno tests/etc on new products. And more are coming out each month
Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Matt@StangMods

For the 06 GT, you cant go wrong with a cat back exhaust and cold air kit. The downside with the 05-06s is that with an intake upgrade, almost all of the time, the computer needs to be retuned. This can be done with a hand held tuner from SCT or Diablosport. As far as exhaust kits go, I've had a lot of customers purchase MAC's off road prochambers and cat back exhausts. They produce a loud tone though. Some people love it, some people hate it. The best thing to do is to attend some shows and hear what other exhaust kits sound like in person. Then, make your decision. If you have any questions feel free to email or call us. I am sure there are many other members on the board that can give you other good advice. Congrats on the new ride by the way. Post up some pics!
Matt@StangMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #4

Region: Kentucky

Yeah I'll post some picts as soon as I get a nice sunny day to. I've had the mustang for almost 3 weeks now. two of which I spend in the field and the latest one it has been snowing or raining. But yes I will post some picts for you all. I lvoe the car. My dad actually got me into mustangs. He's got a 72 Sport that he bought new and then also a 03 GT he drives around. I'll post some picts of the 72 sometime as well.

As for the exhaust, I am looking for a meater sound with it. I will move to North Carolina here in about 7 weeks so I'll definitally look for a car show up there this summer to help me make a decision. I do thank you for the advice though.
Nydaliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you can do a CAI and exhaust system with out worrying about messing the car up, they can easily be removed and put back to stock with no permenant scars.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #6

I was able to make some really good power out of a JLT CAI and Bassani exhaust with a custom SCT tune. IMO Bassani is the best exhaust out there for the S197s. You can hear my exhaust in this vid clip:
http://videos.streetfire.net/player....A-BB05078989EA

2005 GT
JLT Cold Air Intake, Bassani cats, x-pipe and axle back, custom SCT tune. 299.1 rwhp / 323.7 rwtq

1991 5.0L LX
Currently restomodding
I8URVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #7

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydaliwen View Post
I just bought a 2006 Mustang GT. Leather interior, 5spd, vista blue color. I want to keep it for the most part stock. Although I am thinking of doing an exhaust upgrade and maybe a few little things like that. Exhaust because I want to hear the roar of that V8. What products and brands are highly recommended?

Thank you.
I have an 06 Vista Blue GT Vert - I have put JBA axle-backs and a BBK CAI, then did a SCT tune....I picked up 16 extra RWHP and 10 extra RWTQ. I am sure all of it was due to the CAI in conjunction with the tune. I am positive the JBA axle-backs didn't contribute anything since I dynoed without them first.

The JBA have a real deep tone with no drone. I do wish however they would be a slight bit louder. They are as loud as stock (which ain't) but much deeper tone...the deepest I have heard of any axle-backs.

This past weekend I heard the Ford Racing axle-backs and they were lower in tone than stock but higher in tone than the JBA's. They are defintely louder and remind me of the Flowmaster Thunder series full-catbacks.

I am considering buying the Ford Racing ones and swapping them in place of teh JBA's.
Sonic Blue GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
2006 mustang