Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Good Aftermarket Panhard Bar?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Scott2 
#1 ·
I have an 06 GT I'm putting 1.5" rear lowering coils in. I noticed today my rear end is already offset towards the driver's side. From what I could tell laying under it in the parking lot behind my dorm as I lower it, the axle will push more towards the driver's side. So it will be way off. Does anybody have recommendations on a cheap adjustable or shorter aftermarket panhard bar? Also, how much adjustment can I expect out of one? Thanks.

#2 ·
Yep, this will happen in the 05+ cars when they are lowered. You will want an adjust. panhard bar and it should have more than enough adjustment for you to bring it back in line (it does not take much adjusting). Maximum Motorsports makes a nice quality component, but of course I'm partial to their products.

#3 ·
as said above maximum motorsports or perhaps BMR racing. My friend lowered his 08 GT a good bit and I cant see a difference in the rear being off set~

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I was looking at the BMR one but didn't know if anybody else sold them.

SpectorV...off topic, but I saw you had 295s on 18x10s. Do you think 295 is the widest you could go and still retain good cornering traits? Is a 305 or 315 doable or do they have too much sidewall bulge?

#5 ·
every 25.4mm is an inch, and remember on a rim its half on each side, so... every inch of extra tire is only half of 25.4mm bulge. You should have no issue with a 305 or 315~ but a 295 in BFG fits perfect. Every tire measures different regardless of what the numbers say sadly... they are XXX mm but its all in how/where they measure from on the tire :) so you are probably save in a given tire in XXX size vs the same tire in another size but brand to brand... all bets are off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.