BUMMED with SCT tuner - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: BUMMED with SCT tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofas View Post
I built 6 or 7 computers and used Vista 64 bit with 8gb of ram on each one and never had an an issue. I even used and old Canon scanner, SB LIVE! card, Hercules webcam, on and on and on. I guess I am just that awesome. Back to Mustangs shall we?
The evidence is everywhere. The states witness a variety of issues surfacing across the globe with this OS. It's easy for you to stay in your box and deny it because like you said... You lucked out and found a combination of a few pieces or hardware/software with supporting drivers that worked correctly. Congrats.

I myself found issues all over the place with the many different types of software and hardware I randomly use. These problems were not a simple fix and usually required waiting as manufactures produced compatible drivers and patches.

You have to understand the majority of the business world with Windows POSs did not make the move towards a Vista oriented OS. They will although comfortably slide into a Windows 7 OS as time allows.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #37

Region: Texas

Computers are like cars. You just can't add parts off a shelf at random and expect them to work. You have to do your homework and plan ahead if you want to get the best results.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Computers are like cars. You just can't add parts off a shelf at random and expect them to work. You have to do your homework and plan ahead if you want to get the best results.
Actually, they aren't like cars. Internals may serve a similar role but most end user products such as printers, audio & video equipment, modems, and a variety of others should all be easily compatible as it has been since the beginning. Windows and Macs stand pretty good ground work as being backwards compatible. They are mostly written with similar programming that still works with older parts. If they don't support specifics then it is usually followed with patch work or end user support to help bridge the gap. The only thing Vista users saw were end users doing their best to help. Windows was too busy scrambling to produce 7. I do my homework daily in the wonderful world of computer science, programming, engineering. It's my degree, partially my profession, and my hobby.

I would have much rather used an outdated Linux than mess with Vista.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #39

Go to Sharky Extreme if you want to fight about your computer knowledge. I like Mustangs.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go to Sharky Extreme if you want to fight about your computer knowledge. I like Mustangs.

Or you could just kiss my ***. I spend my time on this forum and use it as I choose. I am a regular supporter and have been here for a while helping out when & where I can.

Should the OP have a problem with my hi-jacking then I will kindly remove my post and post in another thread.

Should you prefer not to speak about specific items then feel free to kindly ignore my or anyone else's comments that aren't on topic with your thought process.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Or you could just kiss my ***. I spend my time on this forum and use it as I choose. I am a regular supporter and have been here for a while helping out when & where I can.

Should the OP have a problem with my hi-jacking then I will kindly remove my post and post in another thread.

Should you prefer not to speak about specific items then feel free to kindly ignore my or anyone else's comments that aren't on topic with your thought process.
Typical Louisiana response.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Typical Louisiana response.
When they say everything is bigger in Texas were they only speaking about Ego's?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

get back on topic please, no more posts past mine or I will just delete them when I see them if they are not on topic~

post a new topic to debate this if you wish, thats fine by me just keep this one on topic
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta

Speaking of Vista, up at Headquarters, they're re-imaging everything for vista and I dread it. XP is so much better.
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Well I FINALLY heard back from SCT after 5 or 6 messages (can't remember for sure now because I got SO frustrated with SCT's PISS POOR customer service) and was informed that it is NOT a problem with my computer. LUCKILY.. I called the place I bought it from and they will credit my account. I WILL NOT be buying another SCT SF3

My point with all this is.....
SCT's customer service SUX !!! If they are going to produce a product, than BACK the friggin product and be available to answer questions if there IS a problem. They do NOT answer their phones or make you wait a rediculos amount of time (long distance call by the way) to talk with a tech. I do not know how many techs they have working for them but it is NOT adequate.
Bottom line..... THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS if you happen to develop a problem with it like I did.
This is MY opinion.... if you don't agree FINE,
I thought that I had done a pretty good job checking out what I was buying but my luck sucks, I am a prime example of Murphy's Law... If it CAN go wrong.. then it will.
Thanks to all that have added their opinions, much appreciated !
RadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #46

I feel your pain with SCT. You are lucky. American Muscle would not help me out at all when my tuner died after 4 months.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

It's funny you have this thread....Friday evening my car was stuck on the dyno while I was trying to make it to Tupelo. The tuner started claiming "Invalid vehicle" after the 1st tune was installed and datalogged. Tune #2 never made it in the car because of this issue. SCT was unreachable but I kept calling and waiting until it forced me to leave a message and then I finally told myself I wouldn't call after one more time. They answered the phone and we got some help but it was nothing that was going to be handled in time for me to leave.

So, I had a safe enough set up to make it to Tupelo. I went and had a blast - had to stay out of boost.

While I was there we met an SCT rep with whom I buddied up with and he will be helping me take care of the issue. If you continue to have any problems let me know and I will maybe patch you through to help you out.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Welp, to tie up these loose ends......
I was sent a replacement tuner, installed it on my computer, got my tunes from Brenspeed (btw....if SCT wants lessons on customer service, they should send ALL their employees there for a week or 2, those guys are GREAT !!!) and installed my CAI and am on the road.
As was stated way back when on the original post.....
SCT customer service SUCKS!!! If you don't have problems with your tuner, the tuner itself is pretty good, but gawd help ya if you have a glitch like I did.
I would also like to state for the record, since I got a replacement tuner......
it works perfectly with my computer, it was actually the tuner all the time, NOT the operator or operating system
Old 04-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

After the horrible, smart-alleck service I got from Diablo, SCT has been great. Plus, SCT has way more local dealers that can help. But I second the kudos for Brenspeed- they are the best. VMP Tuning is also good.
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Companies today are so quick to do anything they can to avoid losing money (they dont seem to care about customer loyalty or word of mouth about their business) its a "will this save me money right now" kind of thing... which in the end will hurt them more than it helps.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

You are absolutely right Spector...... I have learned a very good lesson. I bought mostly based on price. I found you can research most any company on the internet, or look up complaints on companies.
I learned that one should check out the customer service reputation before making a substantial purchase (for me the tuner and the CAI I bought was a pretty big purchase, about $500.00). In the future....I will buy based on the reputation of a company. I hope more will do the same.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

ive had a similar problem with my xcal 3
i ordered some tunes from bamachips and they loaded just fine
but when i ordered another tune from bama and tried to load it on to my tuner it straight up refused to work
tried it with vista and did every single thing on their website to try and get it to load and nothing worked
havent called sct yet but now im dreading it even more lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

So-am I understanding that BrenSpeed is the best tuner?
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Best tuner is a matter of opinion. My thought for the 'best local tuner' was a big pile of ****. Find someone you trust and go with it. If your not happy or skeptical go to someone else. I recommend matching and comparing similar cars and power outputs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT