Shaker 500 system speaker upgrades? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Shaker 500 system speaker upgrades?

Has anyone tried upgrading the door components of the Shaker 500 system (not the subs)? I've been looking into it and no shops around me really have any experience with any 05+ systems. They keep giving me answers based on the old Mach systems from 04s and back. They says you have to change out everything in the system from head unit to amps and speakers...anything less and you get no improved sound. Another shop told me only the subs are amped so I could change out the components. I don't know who to believe. Anyone know anything about this????
07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Shaker 500 system speaker upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GT View Post
Has anyone tried upgrading the door components of the Shaker 500 system (not the subs)? I've been looking into it and no shops around me really have any experience with any 05+ systems. They keep giving me answers based on the old Mach systems from 04s and back. They says you have to change out everything in the system from head unit to amps and speakers...anything less and you get no improved sound. Another shop told me only the subs are amped so I could change out the components. I don't know who to believe. Anyone know anything about this????
At this point, I would take the door panel off and look. I would assume you could.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Thanks for reply...since post I found a shop that had just torn down a car with Shaker 500 system and he said: all speakers run through amp and crossovers built into amp so no way to capture full stereo signal for aftermarket crossover/components...so would not benefit from expensive aftermarket speakers. Would have to buy JL Audio device and another amp to hook between factory amp and aftermarket components. So, bottom line, would cost $750 -$1100 to install $300 pair of component speakers.
07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #4

I took my car back to the dealership and told them I wasn't happy with the sound. they had me take my car to a shop they had an account with. the shop put speaker cups in the rear and put caps on all the mids and highs.Its not after market great but its definately better and ford paid for it under warrenty
valentine1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT