Roush Parts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #1

Roush Parts

I just bought my 06gt and wondered what people thought of someof the roush performance parts, specifcally the roush performance exhaust, helix throttle body/spacer and the hypertech tuner. I may or my not add some of these mods as it can void my warranty but would like to know opinions before I spend wads of cash on parts. Also what do you think of adding roush body parts to a GT(No Roush badges). Currently my GT has the ford racing suspension and an airaid CAI both of which came with the car when purchased last week.
06blkGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Roush Parts

Say no to the hypertech, get an SCT Xcal2 or Livewire. The rest, I'm not sure. But do the tuner right the first time, don't waste money on hyper crap.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #3

I ordered an 07 GT coupe and bought the 18" x 10" wheels, suspension, and off-road exhaust from Roush. I did not order the tires as a package with the rims because it seems like a much better deal to buy the tires seperate. I went with Nitto Invo 275/40R/18s. Ford is taking forever delivering my car, but I'll let you know how they work out when I install everything.
CT07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #4

I look forward to hearing how the exhaust performs. I'm interested in getting an axleback and have looked at Roush, Borla, and Magnaflow. Roush claims performance gains but none of the others do so I am scepticle about that. I have the 18x10's from ford with 235/50R/18's which I like, and the ford racing suspension. Probably the 2 things I want to upgrade are the tune and the exhaust. The tune may void a warranty but only if they know you did it. Changing back to the stock tune a week or 2 before going in or starting it a bunch of times after reverting should keep a service dept in the dark. Looks wise I want the Roush front facia( something about it I really like) and I'll tint the back windows. I like the louvers but they make blindspots worse imo. Supercharger would be cool too but if I had another 6 grand for that I would have just bought a roush
06blkGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I see nothing with tastefully doing a Roush theme....just don't do Roush badges, which you said you wouldn't.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #6

Im happy with roush parts no problems
SOS DUAL PILLAR POD
toolttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

I am putting in a Roush short shifter this weekend, I will let you know how it turns out...

As far as exhaust on the 197's, I personally think the Borla/Ford Racing system looks and sounds the best. One thing I didn't like about the stock exhaust and a lot of the aftermarket exhaust companies is that you can see those big ugly mufflers hanging down below the rear bumpers. For whatever reason, Ford decided to move the mufflers back to the very rear of the car and they just look ugly. Borla did a nice job making much smaller mufflers so that they tuck up nicely under the rear bumper, so that from behind the car, you don't have those big mufflers showing. The only aftermarket exhaust I would stay away from is MAC, they sound un-godly loud, and not in a good way...
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #8

I finally got my car in from ford and have installed the Roush off-road exhaust and am very happy with how they sound. They tuck completely up behind the rear bumper. It is pretty loud when you get on it, but does not sound much louder than stock if you are just driving normal.
CT07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
I am putting in a Roush short shifter this weekend, I will let you know how it turns out...

As far as exhaust on the 197's, I personally think the Borla/Ford Racing system looks and sounds the best. One thing I didn't like about the stock exhaust and a lot of the aftermarket exhaust companies is that you can see those big ugly mufflers hanging down below the rear bumpers. For whatever reason, Ford decided to move the mufflers back to the very rear of the car and they just look ugly. Borla did a nice job making much smaller mufflers so that they tuck up nicely under the rear bumper, so that from behind the car, you don't have those big mufflers showing. The only aftermarket exhaust I would stay away from is MAC, they sound un-godly loud, and not in a good way...
Interior noise was the reason.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #10

Does anyone know of any sites that have installation instructions for the Roush suspension package? I found one for the Saleen package that helps a little, but I would like something a little better.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #11

Here is a site where I did a few installs. I have pics to go with them. Any questions let me know

Roush suspension install
FnSweet.com Roush Discussion Board - Roush suspension install has started

Roushcharger install

FnSweet.com Roush Discussion Board - Roushcharger install has started

Roush 14" brakes install
FnSweet.com Roush Discussion Board - Brake Install

Adj. Panhard bar and Lower control arm install
FnSweet.com Roush Discussion Board - Panhard bar and LCR installed

Most recent Nexus wide band a/f and vac/boost guage install
FnSweet.com Roush Discussion Board - Guages
SOS DUAL PILLAR POD
Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #12

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #13

Yur welcome
SOS DUAL PILLAR POD
Old 07-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #14

I installed the suspension with no problems but I have noticed a clunk in the rear suspension, do you have the same problem, or any ideas on what could be causing it in my car?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews.stang View Post
Interior noise was the reason.
Actually the reason was to move the gas tank in front of the rear axle, which doesn't leave much room for mufflers there.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Regardless of the reasoning, it still looks ugly with those big stock mufflers at the back
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT07GT View Post
I installed the suspension with no problems but I have noticed a clunk in the rear suspension, do you have the same problem, or any ideas on what could be causing it in my car?
No i don't have it on mine. Did you also do a adj panhard bar.????
SOS DUAL PILLAR POD
Old 07-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

Has anybody heard the Pypes axle back mufflers? I am looking at the polished stainless mufflers and extentions.
fear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #19

No, I havent touched the panhard bar. I'm just going to take the rear parts off and put them back on, see if it goes away.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear1 View Post
Has anybody heard the Pypes axle back mufflers? I am looking at the polished stainless mufflers and extentions.
yes I've heard of them but don't know what they sound like. they look nice.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Roush is BADD A... GGBIW
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT