Brenspeed? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Question Brenspeed?

wanting to know if anyone has or knows anyone that has had a custom tune done by Brenspeed in Indiana? thay said thay did an 05+ GT auto with kooks LTs, TCI convertor, ZEX 150hp shot, CAI, and a SCT custom tune and got 11.58 at 118MPH!!! this just sounds out of the box to me. what do you think?

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Re: Brenspeed?

Once you said converter, I'm pretty dam sure that was on slicks with some rear end work done. If it's not, that rear wouldn't last long on slicks.

If you are looking for a tune, I would NEVER mail order a tune. Two cars could have the exact same parts, but still require different tunes. They are kind of like fingerprints. If you are looking for a good respectable tuner, try southernspeed.com - Welcome!. He is in Tupelo mississippi. If you don't want to go that far, check out stanghi performance.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thay said it had stock wheel with ET streets. thay claim with 4.10s & stock rear end parts. I would never mail order the tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #4

I would think they would run pretty close though. If you have 2 with all the same parts they shouldnt be that far off from each other. We do system matching at work all the time for customer's(Intel, AMD, TI) when diagnosing issue's for them. I can garuntee you they will never listen to that argument. I'm not necesasarily disputing your thoughts on mail order tune's just saying that matching fingerprints should give atleast close to the same result. If your racing mail order tune may not do the trick but for the everyday clunker it may be just what the doctor ordered. While I dont doubt I could find someone out here to tune my car for me, I dont know that it's absolutely necessary and Mississippi is a little far away
06blkGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

If you are putting a blower on a car and get the mail order tune , it would be close to what you would need compared to a 91 octane tune.It would save money on the dyno.
sporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Mail order tunes can get close...with enough datalogging and emailing back and forth. However, unless you have a wideband setup, you will need to get on the dyno with each tune to check the A/F...which is going to run the cost up quick.

As far as every car is different, comparing cars to computers is like comparing apples to picture frames. I have an 03 cobra running 17 psi. A buddy of mine has an 03 cobra running 17 psi. His tune calls for 23* of timing and a good bit of fuel. Mine is calling for 20* of timing and less fuel. If you add fuel and/or timing to my car, it will start detonating and/or loses power. Take fuel and timing out of his tune, he loses power.

Cars are different just like was stated. While made of the same parts, they all react differently to the same changes.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I know every car is different and needs a diff. tune to reach peak performance. what I'm trying to find out is if you think that they can get a car to run that kind of times with the mods i stated. I'm new to the mustang world I'm used to the LS1 and I don't know how much you can get out of the tune.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
I know every car is different and needs a diff. tune to reach peak performance. what I'm trying to find out is if you think that they can get a car to run that kind of times with the mods i stated. I'm new to the mustang world I'm used to the LS1 and I don't know how much you can get out of the tune.
I'd say it's definitely possible. With the CAI, tune, and longtubes, you're looking at just under (if not) 300 rwhp. That makes around 450 with the nitrous. Add two tablespoons of traction and a crisp shifting automatic, and you should be running mid 11s or better.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #9

I'm not comparing cars to computers I'm comparing machines to machines. While not a direct comparison the basic prinicple is the same. If you have 2 cars or machines that are built the same they should perform close to the same or there is something else going on. A car is a machine using different systems, moving, and stationary parts to produce a certain result or product just as the equipment I work on. There are other factors than just parts. Were they made by the same MFG? Were the parts manufactured in the same lot? Have they been maintained the same? Granted the specs on a car are most likely a lot looser than a CVD reactor you should still see within a certain range the same level of performance. I'm not disputing the argument just saying that you have different applications for different situations. One way may be perfectly fine for Joe A. but not nearly enough for Joe B. or way to much for Joe C. No two cars or machines will ever react exactly the same but they should be within a certain band. The narrower the band the harder it is to match, maybe theres where I have a hard time because cars cost much less( 1 system=$2Mil avg vs 1 car=30K avg) and therefore most likely have looser MFG specs. I may go hunt down a place to have it done but if I dont need to for just everyday driving and some fun(drive to the coast) once in a while
06blkGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

well that just shows that the dibalo sport sucks when your not stock I have a ET of only 12.77

Old 05-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I mean it shows how much better a custom tune is

Old 05-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

And how much better LS motors are.

No replacement for displacement.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

well it is a little easier to test new tricks on GMs when you work for GM. (a little more resources at hand)

Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
And how much better LS motors are.

No replacement for displacement.
Did you screename get hacked or something, or have you lost it.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Mail order tunes can get close...with enough datalogging and emailing back and forth. However, unless you have a wideband setup, you will need to get on the dyno with each tune to check the A/F...which is going to run the cost up quick.

As far as every car is different, comparing cars to computers is like comparing apples to picture frames. I have an 03 cobra running 17 psi. A buddy of mine has an 03 cobra running 17 psi. His tune calls for 23* of timing and a good bit of fuel. Mine is calling for 20* of timing and less fuel. If you add fuel and/or timing to my car, it will start detonating and/or loses power. Take fuel and timing out of his tune, he loses power.

Cars are different just like was stated. While made of the same parts, they all react differently to the same changes.

Thank you for the backup.

What bbunt said for the expected times .
Old 05-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blkGT View Post
I'm not comparing cars to computers I'm comparing machines to machines. While not a direct comparison the basic prinicple is the same. If you have 2 cars or machines that are built the same they should perform close to the same or there is something else going on. A car is a machine using different systems, moving, and stationary parts to produce a certain result or product just as the equipment I work on. There are other factors than just parts. Were they made by the same MFG? Were the parts manufactured in the same lot? Have they been maintained the same? Granted the specs on a car are most likely a lot looser than a CVD reactor you should still see within a certain range the same level of performance. I'm not disputing the argument just saying that you have different applications for different situations. One way may be perfectly fine for Joe A. but not nearly enough for Joe B. or way to much for Joe C. No two cars or machines will ever react exactly the same but they should be within a certain band. The narrower the band the harder it is to match, maybe theres where I have a hard time because cars cost much less( 1 system=$2Mil avg vs 1 car=30K avg) and therefore most likely have looser MFG specs. I may go hunt down a place to have it done but if I dont need to for just everyday driving and some fun(drive to the coast) once in a while

In the words of the Geico caveman, "Yeah, I have a response. Ummmmm....... What?"

Computer manufacturer's precision and a car manufacturer's precision--FoMoCo's precision no less-- is like comparing a handgun shot by a blind guy and an ex Marine and saying it should be close.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Did you screename get hacked or something, or have you lost it.
What are you talking about, LS motors are better than any Ford motor ever, or they have the potential to be.

Ford = Better vehicles

GM = Better drivetrains.

Of course these are my opinions.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I agree actually about the LS motor being better, and cheaper. But as for GM's drivetrains, 9 times out of 10, you ask them what rear end they are using, and it's a Ford 9 inch.

I want an LS1...
Old 05-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

well the 9in. is buillet proof. I think that GM makes a stonger auto trans.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well the 9in. is buillet proof. I think that GM makes a stonger auto trans.
Yeah, but it depends what you are comparing. I think the TH400 and the C6 are all but even on power handling capabilities, but the powerglides is the best. Only thing is though, it's not very streetable with two gears IMO.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I'm compairing the overdrive trans. the 4L60E can handle 600hp stock all day long. without even running hot

Old 05-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm compairing the overdrive trans. the 4L60E can handle 600hp stock all day long. without even running hot
I definately DEFINATELY beg to differ. A friend of mine torched his with about 400 at the wheels. No trans brake, just a mild stall TC. I don't think they will hold near that much. I'll go ask more guys who run them to be sure.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

all the guys I used to race with had 4L60Es with the only upgrade being a billit sevro and trans. cooler. pushing ext. silverados in the low 12s the only one of them that broke anything was because he turned up the line press. too much. & started braking hard parts. all were 500+hp at the wheels

Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

biggest thing is to keep it cool. heat is the biggest killer of any trans.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
I agree actually about the LS motor being better, and cheaper. But as for GM's drivetrains, 9 times out of 10, you ask them what rear end they are using, and it's a Ford 9 inch.

I want an LS1...
Yes the GM 10 bolt, and even the 12 bolt are POS. I have hear of it before, but I wonder why F-Body owner don't convert their rearends to a 8.8" if their going to use a Ford based rearend. A 8.8" is plenty stong enough for most any street car, and they wouldn't lose near as much HP through it as they would with a 9".
Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

well if I'm gonna do a diff. upgrade than I plan on making some big power and I'm not gonna just take one step up to an 8.8 I'm gonna go all the way to a 9". it'll be cheaper in the line run

Old 05-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I've seen SEVERAL 8.8's in person go 12's, 11's, 10's, and 9's. The only reason to go with a 9 inch would be a FAB 9 that's SFI approved for those kind of times in the 1/4.

And like I thought about the 4L60E, I doubt it'll hold up for very long with any power. TorqueAddicts.net :: View topic - GM Guys II These guys LIVE off of LS1 and LT1 based cars. There is only one guy on the site who has gotten there's to last. The times in those cars go from the 12's down to the 9's.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

well I'm just speaking from personal experience never had any problems. as for the rear diff thing it's also so much easier when you want to do a gear swap.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

hottcobra, do you have tunableinduction cold air kit
cobraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

no just a cheep K&N CAI

Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraj View Post
hottcobra, do you have tunableinduction cold air kit
What's up with you and the tunableinduction Nearly every post from you mentions it 2:

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

was thinking the same thing. must be getting somekind of kickback

Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #33

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
all the guys I used to race with had 4L60Es with the only upgrade being a billit sevro and trans. cooler. pushing ext. silverados in the low 12s the only one of them that broke anything was because he turned up the line press. too much. & started braking hard parts. all were 500+hp at the wheels

Hate to disagree but the 4l60e is basically an electronic 700r4, and stock they suck. Plus the gear ratios suck, that 3.06 first is a killer.

JROC-The 12 bolts hold a good amount of power, I think most people get rid of them because of the c-clips and the fact that gear changes are a lot easier with the 9 inch. Hell, there are cars running in the 8's with built 8.5in 10 bolts. Now the 7.5in thats in my Monte Carlo
BLKNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil

I just got my XCAL 2 from Brenspeed and it is pretty rediculously awesome. They stand firm behind their claim of being the #1 Ford and Mustang tuner with the SCT XCalibrator and I'd have to give them my vote. We'll see if I stay with this stance for the long run . . .
Old 02-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNED View Post
Hate to disagree but the 4l60e is basically an electronic 700r4, and stock they suck. Plus the gear ratios suck, that 3.06 first is a killer.

JROC-The 12 bolts hold a good amount of power, I think most people get rid of them because of the c-clips and the fact that gear changes are a lot easier with the 9 inch. Hell, there are cars running in the 8's with built 8.5in 10 bolts. Now the 7.5in thats in my Monte Carlo
Must we really get bored enough to pull up threads from 6 months ago?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT