which supercharger??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: which supercharger???

Quote:
Originally Posted by b's stang View Post
Ok I have one more question and ill stop bothering you guys. Can I use that mitizmusho or whatever its intercooler? Thatey have them at american muscle or should I just wait a while and get the vortech intercooler. And by the way thank you for all the help guys your info was much appreciated.
I don't believe the Mishimoto intercooler includes all of the plumbing. Can't skimp on the parts- its absolutely imperative that you have a leak-free connection from the blower to the throttle body.
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post
I don't believe the Mishimoto intercooler includes all of the plumbing. Can't skimp on the parts- its absolutely imperative that you have a leak-free connection from the blower to the throttle body.
Mishimoto intercooler doesn't come with any plumbing, it's just the intercooler. However, you CAN get all of the necessary plumbing materials from Lowe's I've built quite a few turbo setups that way. It's cheap and it works.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
Mishimoto intercooler doesn't come with any plumbing, it's just the intercooler. However, you CAN get all of the necessary plumbing materials from Lowe's I've built quite a few turbo setups that way. It's cheap and it works.
There ya go- cheap is ALWAYS good.
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

I HAVE AN AWESOME SUPERCHARGER!!! love it .......ATI procharger for 4.6L GT HO Intercooled with P-1SC it has been a god send love it best decision ever. couldnt recomend procharger enough! and with that beautiful sound it makes, it makes guys in the imports at the light wet their pants and there girlfriends sitting in the seat next to them wet there pantys ....nuff said
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrock View Post
I HAVE AN AWESOME SUPERCHARGER!!! love it .......ATI procharger for 4.6L GT HO Intercooled with P-1SC it has been a god send love it best decision ever. couldnt recomend procharger enough! and with that beautiful sound it makes, it makes guys in the imports at the light wet their pants and there girlfriends sitting in the seat next to them wet there pantys ....nuff said
The quiet wail at idle is definitely an ear catcher and head turner.. Though my stock looking GT confuses them, and they keep looking for the car making the sound haha
Old 12-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I have to give it to brain I like the Procharger best... No air to water yo deal with... I have an 05 mustang gt with the p-sc1 and it boost to 10 pounds, dyno says 485 rwhp with out the cryokit... Have had it on for 36,000 miles... And it's easy to upgrade... Can boost up to 17psi.. (when you up grade the internals) problems are it's self contained so you have a harder time changing the oil...
Hope it helps!
Dannyb937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I have the 2.8 kenne bell and it runs like a dream instant torque!!! You could run there largest pulley to tone it down ... I say go big then if you get a forged upgrade then you can dile it up!!! Pluse the tunes that you get from KB are on the money ... My friend runs a large mechanic trade school and they use my dyno sheet to teach the student on what they should be shooting for when tuning.
GT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

I have a procharger, i would go with kenny bell or whipple, even the edelbrock looks nice.
Id just rather have the instant torque.....i mean thats where all the tire spining fun is at!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota

What is the car intended for? If it will see track duty I would consider a centrifugal blower as they tend to like a little more rpms. If it's mainly a street/cruiser I would go twinscrew, such has the whipple. Tq will be instanst and have lots of midrange power. My tuner told me there kits are a little bit more complete than Kenne Bell's.

When my cobra was getting tuned there was a 05-09 GT with a whipple making around 480rwhp, I can't remember the tq, but the curves on the dyno graph looked pretty nice and steady.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Mmmmhmmmm Kenne Bell blown, baby!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island

what confuses me is why would people get a supercharger that costs in the upwards of $600 that gets you up to anywhere from 400-500 HP when you can buy the roush one that you can tune to get up to 700 HP with a CAI, and a new throttle body for only $5000. can somebody tell me why people do this??

If it's not your life, You're not worth it...
prephockeyplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Well with the roush TVS2300 blower u would have to upgrade all ur internals forged as far as I was told whyhave a blower that puts out that much if u cannot use half it's potential. U can if u upgrade now the cost of the blower sky rockets that's my input I had the roush m90 blower no power at all went with KB 2.6 night n day difference
Untamed08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #48
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

If you're gonna do it....do ot right. Get the setup with the intercooler and it will be safer and you will have that piece of mind.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b's stang
Crap would even buy a used set up but there are none to be found. I'm really leaning towards the vortech
Get the vortech!! I have an 2006 gt with a v3 ho and it pulls!! I made 489hp on a friendly tune!! And the blower can hold 775hp down the road.
Nathan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I'd go with the eddelbrock e-force supercharger. The kit comes with everything you need and it will bump it up to 465 rwhp. That's what I would get!
eouellette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

435 whp, what other mods do you have to the engine. Are you sure that isn't crank hp, they claim 420 hp and 385 tq to the crank. I have a 62mm LM throttle body, and FFRP intake manifold as well as hot rod cams, wonder what a v3 would do for my car.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
435 whp, what other mods do you have to the engine. Are you sure that isn't crank hp, they claim 420 hp and 385 tq to the crank. I have a 62mm LM throttle body, and FFRP intake manifold as well as hot rod cams, wonder what a v3 would do for my car.
That's the standard kit.. I'm making 11.5 psi 489 hp and 431 fpt to the tires!! It was tuned by dasilva racing their the best here!! It's in the tune by the way it's a si trim
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
so ive been recently convinced not to do any internal work until something breaks. ive decided i want a supercharger. i like the v3 vortech supercharger. i would like your alls input. the kit is only about $4000 shipped. im not looking for a crazy gain. id like to be in the 450 rear wheel hp range
An Edlebrock eforce blower with claimed 5 psi and 466 crank hp and 439 tq should make you happy with low boost you wouldn't really kill your internals plus if you decided to go with the other higher boost options just remember the stated boost only exist at higher rpm when the blower is spinning at full revs to create that boost e.g, if you have a 8psi blower and you usually shift gears at say 4500 rpm you are not seeing that 8psi as you would if you shifted at 6500 rpm or 7000 rpm where you would see the boost.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by prephockeyplaya View Post
what confuses me is why would people get a supercharger that costs in the upwards of $600 that gets you up to anywhere from 400-500 HP when you can buy the roush one that you can tune to get up to 700 HP with a CAI, and a new throttle body for only $5000. can somebody tell me why people do this??
Hmmmm! which Roush blower is this, the crappy M90 for 3999. or 4999. at some places is a low boost option, their Tvs 2300 blower sounds like the one you are talking about and that is usually priced closer to 6000k, But you are right this would be the better one to get because of its higher hp potential.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan69 View Post
That's the standard kit.. I'm making 11.5 psi 489 hp and 431 fpt to the tires!! It was tuned by dasilva racing their the best here!! It's in the tune by the way it's a si trim
Is this on sock internals, how is your engine holding up so far, Ripp mods in NY told me to get the V3 over a roots style blower, I think I should also since the power coming on later in the rev range helps traction vs the roots with all that tq down low making you spin all over the place. Do you have the temptation to trade up to the new 5.0L or are you happy with your S197 with blower. I am thinking of adding a V3 instead of trading up to a 5.0L.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is this on sock internals, how is your engine holding up so far, Ripp mods in NY told me to get the V3 over a roots style blower, I think I should also since the power coming on later in the rev range helps traction vs the roots with all that tq down low making you spin all over the place. Do you have the temptation to trade up to the new 5.0L or are you happy with your S197 with blower. I am thinking of adding a V3 instead of trading up to a 5.0L.
I love it! Get a blower it's way better than a new 5.0!! Theses blowers love rpm and will perform better on the dragstrip!! My father has the 5.0 it's nice but the s197 looks so much sexier!! It pulls like crazy right to 6400 rpm
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It has stock internals it's holding up! It's safe as long as its tuned right! Down the road I'll boost it up but it's got great power for now! I hope you get the blower over the 5.0
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok I have one more question and ill stop bothering you guys. Can I use that mitizmusho or whatever its intercooler? Thatey have them at american muscle or should I just wait a while and get the vortech intercooler. And by the way thank you for all the help guys your info was much appreciated.
The vortech intercooler kit is around 500 dollars from Vortech howerver they don't sell them direct and stores want to sell the kit for 1700 dollars. AM told me I can get any intercooler and add to the kit later, if your in a hurry for quick power like me. The v3 high psi scares me though.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The vortech intercooler kit is around 500 dollars from Vortech howerver they don't sell them direct and stores want to sell the kit for 1700 dollars. AM told me I can get any intercooler and add to the kit later, if your in a hurry for quick power like me. The v3 high psi scares me though.
Why does it scare you? If you get it tuned right you'll never have a problem.. I beat on mine. I have 94000 km on my motor and it loves it
Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It has stock internals it's holding up! It's safe as long as its tuned right! Down the road I'll boost it up but it's got great power for now! I hope you get the blower over the 5.0
I am thinking the same as you, blower over 5.0L . If I get the 5.0 I am going to blow it later any way but I originally bought my 2007 for some road racing track fun and need a lighter car that handles corners plus my car felt more race car like compared to the 2 2011gts I test drove, they felt too nice and not as rough and rugged. I like my cars hardcore. The hot rod cams are replacing BBR stg 1 cams which I do not trust, give no power and definately no lope what soever plus I can just tell how much faster my already high 12 sec. car is going to be with a V3, I will def be seeing mid to high 11s. This shop in Florida told me that kit would have me eating stock GTR R35 for snacks.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why does it scare you? If you get it tuned right you'll never have a problem.. I beat on mine. I have 94000 km on my motor and it loves it
That seems to be very reliable then, did you notice any extra weight in front when you added that blower, and does your car understeer worse than before. Also does your car takes forever to rev up like did when stock. The FFRP intake manifold, AKA breathing lund on my car made the engine rev a lot easier and I freaking love it.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="MUSPOR911"]
That seems to be very reliable then, did you notice any extra weight in front when you added that blower, and does your car understeer worse than before. Als
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="MUSPOR911"]
That seems to
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That seems to be very reliable then, did you notice any extra weight in front when you added that blower, and does your car understeer worse than before. Also does your car takes forever to rev up like did when stock. The FFRP intake manifold, AKA breathing lund on my car made the engine rev a lot easier and I freaking love it.
My car has 4:10 so it revs up quick n makes up for bottom end torque.. As for weight in the front end I didn't notice it's about an extra 50 pounds. Supercharger, intercooled and etc. If you go with the blower make sure you get 4:10 they make a difference and my kit came with 60 lbs injectors
Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My car has 4:10 so it revs up quick n makes up for bottom end torque.. As for weight in the front end I didn't notice it's about an extra 50 pounds. Supercharger, intercooled and etc. If you go with the blower make sure you get 4:10 they make a difference and my kit came with 60 lbs injectors
Nice glad I ran into you I am about to change my rear gears and was told not to do 4.10s with a blower, but I guess it is not bad with a V3. 50lbs nice again I could always relocate my battery to the rear. I got the need to feel what a true high hp blower feels like, Dude I just spent in the last 3 months like 4k on cam installs parts and labor and the ffrp intake manifold. I could have had a blower by now, guess that's what you get for going na vs blown.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="MUSPOR911"]
Nice glad I ran into you I am about to change my rear gears and was told not to do 4.10s with a blower, but I guess it is not bad with a V3. 50lbs%
Old 01-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice glad I ran into you I am about to change my rear gears and was told not to do 4.10s with a blower, but I guess it is not bad with a V3. 50lbs nice again I could always relocate my battery to the rear. I got the need to feel what a true high hp blower feels like, Dude I just spent in the last 3 months like 4k on cam installs parts and labor and the ffrp intake manifold. I could have had a blower by now, guess that's what you get for going na vs blown.
If you want power you got to go forced induction.. 4:10 gears are great for s197. Plus with a blower it makes it spool up quickly! Your car will pull like crazy! Great low end and mid and crazy top end and that's where you leave all those roots guys
Old 01-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you want power you got to go forced induction.. 4:10 gears are great for s197. Plus with a blower it makes it spool up quickly! Your car will pull like crazy! Great low end and mid and crazy top end and that's where you leave all those roots guys
And keep up with the stock Nissan GTRs and Z06s. Have you done any 1/4 mile runs ets.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And keep up with the stock Nissan GTRs and Z06s. Have you done any 1/4 mile runs ets.
I eat them all the time as long as your a good driver and have a fast car no problem! I've beening drag racing for 16 years now. I can bang gears.. I run mid 11s hoping to hit 10s this summer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT