Control Arms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Control Arms

What upper and lower control arms would yall suggest?

Steeda has a "stop the hop pak" (i.e. wheel hop which the 197 suffer badly from) as they call it and it includes chome moly steel tubular upper and lowers...but I was really leaning toward billet lowers and an adjestable upper arm which steeda also has. other brands have similar setups either tubular steel or billet...What would yall suggest? Keep in mind I am going to be running FI before long so I will need a pretty stout rearend...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Control Arms

I would look at maximummotorsports.com they are extremly good. I remember reading about them testing LCA/UCA's on the 05+ and said so far they have not been enough of an improvment to make them to sell. I would ask them to see what they have to say about it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

NOOOOOO STEEEDA.. Just the shifters is all I would EVER get from them... My .02.

I would recommend said Maximum Motorsports, but also consider the UPR's. Some of the fastest stangs in the country use their stuff(NMRA) and last years winner of DR class from Tupelo uses them as well. Also, since you are keeping it a street car, go with poly bushings. It's going to be a tad rougher than stock, but they will definately be better than riding around on solids.

And if you are talking about beefing up the rear end, I'd definately look into eaton's posi and some matching 31 or 33 spline axles from Moser. You will definately need those come torque time.
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
NOOOOOO STEEEDA.. Just the shifters is all I would EVER get from them... My .02.

I would recommend said Maximum Motorsports, but also consider the UPR's. Some of the fastest stangs in the country use their stuff(NMRA) and last years winner of DR class from Tupelo uses them as well. Also, since you are keeping it a street car, go with poly bushings. It's going to be a tad rougher than stock, but they will definately be better than riding around on solids.

And if you are talking about beefing up the rear end, I'd definately look into eaton's posi and some matching 31 or 33 spline axles from Moser. You will definately need those come torque time.
I don't really care for UPR's stuff all that much, i never really have, no particular reason why, just a preference...

and for upgrading/"beefing up" the rearend, i won't really need upgrade axles or performace LSD for what I plan to do with it...My intentions are to make it into a weekend driver that I run to the drag strip with a few times a year...leave it mostly stock on the outside, run a blower at about 10 or so psi with full exhaust (LT's, x-pipe and c/b) and some 295 street tires in the back...I am looking at making about 450hp/410ft-lbs at the wheels...so the stock rear end would hold up just fine as it sits for a couple years maybe...so i was looking to go with a few rearend upgradaes, UCA, LCA's, Girdle Support, maybe some other small things, in order to make the rearend last longer, but I am not looking to make the kind of power or use slicks to warrant swapping out axles and all that good stuff...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
I don't really care for UPR's stuff all that much, i never really have, no particular reason why, just a preference...
You know I used to say the same thing. Brad and I had a discussion about it, then I started seeing their stuff on REALLY fast(as in coming out of the hole/60' times) cars still running a stock style 4 link.

I totally see where you are coming from though. I feel the same way about MAC and Holley. Some of their products are ok/super, but just not my cup of tea.

Another recommendation is **********************THE BEST Upper Control Arm Kit on the market**********************. I know the link says otherwise but the site is baselinesuspensions.com and their stuff is REALLY nice and people have cut AMAZING 60' times with even 18 inch drag radials.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #6

I,m currently in the process of making the baddest control arms on the market. No bull**** parts just the best on the market, double adjustable, chromemoly air craft ends, chromemoly center tube, i,m tried of seeing people getting hammered by these companys, I figured $200 a pair would be fair.
flying5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT