affordable control arms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #1

affordable control arms

hello, i,m currently starting to make control arms for s197 stangs and i,m interested in who might want to buy a affordable lower control arm. They will be double adjustable with aircraft ends and chromemoly tubes. If you are interested please post me.
flying5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: affordable control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying5 View Post
hello, i,m currently starting to make control arms for s197 stangs and i,m interested in who might want to buy a affordable lower control arm. They will be double adjustable with aircraft ends and chromemoly tubes. If you are interested please post me.
You Might want to check with Brent before trying to sell your product

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #3

I,m not tring to step on toes here just wondering how many think the price of some items for the s197 cars is over priced. I have the ablity to make a high quality part at an affordable price , just tring to gage intrest is all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

The reason they are priced they way they are is because of the time, effort, and research that goes into them. Then you have to factor in mass production, tools, and several other variables, one the the most important being the actual metal being used. I don't know you or you're experience or knowledge about the mathematics that goes behind the 3 link suspension on an 05, but I think it would suffice to say that you are talking big words saying that you are making the best stuff on the market.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #5

As far as my exp. goes i,m currently welder for G.E. I weld on $50,000 turbine parts. As far the 3 link under the current platform ford has done the geometry all the other companys copy the overall lenghts and figure out how much adjustment you want and they do the math. I mean 4130 chromemoly aircraftends and 4130 military grade tubing its get hard to top that, dont get me wrong there alot of great companys out there like maximum, steeda,and the list goes on. I have enlisted the help of a famous dirt car builder in cowpens s.c.to help he has built winning cars for 30 years so the learning curve is very small if any.I have worked on several 3 and 4 link cars and understand the math behind it, also I can go talk to alan pittman at any time and he builds pro mod cars.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Meh...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #7

I did expect a little more bullit482. lol
Old 06-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok then..... Why is it you had to reference 2 other people that actually know what they are doing in order to back up that you can do it? And then one of them doesn't even dragrace nor drive on pavement. Plus the chassis setup on a dirt track car and a Pro Mod have NOTHING to do with a 3(S197) or 4(Fox chassis) link suspension. You say the learning curve is small and should take time to learn, then why is you still see HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of professional racers in NMRA and NMCA and so on use Maximum, Steeda, UPR, BMR, and etc on there cars???? Sure they're sponsors give them funding for their suspension parts and they give them suspension parts when they need them, but if it's so easy to make something BETTER, why aren't they using their own design instead of company's that have been doing suspensions for decades??

And for some reason, it all but seems like your gloating that you're such and such welder for GE. That's be like me bragging that I work with million dollar aircraft daily, which also has nothing to do with car parts. Great, you can make a row of nickels seem as easy as taking wax of off a car, but do you have racing experience where you corner weight the car, find the center of gravity, find the instant center, and setup for a proper percentage of rise by adjusting your "best on the market" control arms for the car. I'm no professional racer by any means, but I do know what I'm talking about most of the time......

Again I say, saying you make something that is the "best on the market" and is better than something that a company has been doing for decades is talking big words..... You want my money and my confidence in your parts? Build your parts, put them on a car and come back with some 60' times and/or road course times that are better than the competitors... Until then, I'll place my faith in companies that have been making/testing/improving on parts probably as long as you have been welding. Good day.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Ok then..... Why is it you had to reference 2 other people that actually know what they are doing in order to back up that you can do it? And then one of them doesn't even dragrace nor drive on pavement. Plus the chassis setup on a dirt track car and a Pro Mod have NOTHING to do with a 3(S197) or 4(Fox chassis) link suspension. You say the learning curve is small and should take time to learn, then why is you still see HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of professional racers in NMRA and NMCA and so on use Maximum, Steeda, UPR, BMR, and etc on there cars???? Sure they're sponsors give them funding for their suspension parts and they give them suspension parts when they need them, but if it's so easy to make something BETTER, why aren't they using their own design instead of company's that have been doing suspensions for decades??

And for some reason, it all but seems like your gloating that you're such and such welder for GE. That's be like me bragging that I work with million dollar aircraft daily, which also has nothing to do with car parts. Great, you can make a row of nickels seem as easy as taking wax of off a car, but do you have racing experience where you corner weight the car, find the center of gravity, find the instant center, and setup for a proper percentage of rise by adjusting your "best on the market" control arms for the car. I'm no professional racer by any means, but I do know what I'm talking about most of the time......

Again I say, saying you make something that is the "best on the market" and is better than something that a company has been doing for decades is talking big words..... You want my money and my confidence in your parts? Build your parts, put them on a car and come back with some 60' times and/or road course times that are better than the competitors... Until then, I'll place my faith in companies that have been making/testing/improving on parts probably as long as you have been welding. Good day.
Amen Brother Bullitt !! Remind me not to get you pissed

But on the serious side. I totally agree with you Built it, test it and then market it\

P.S.- I work with hundreds of thousand dollar worth of servers every day

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.:buff::box:
Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #11

As far as testing goes that is very subjective, every aftermarket company builds good parts for the most part the difference is core of that product, is it tig or mig welded, 4130 chormemoly or dom , what size tubing is used these are the tangable differences that some people dont know about. I am currently getting the frist 2 pair destrucive tested so I can tell people my arms cant take X amount of pessure, who else is doing that? The adjustable bars that you buy are only as good as know how of the sup. so if you move a bar the wrong way it want help.As for the bragging I'm not just stating a fact there no flunkies welding on high pressure welds. I'm certfied to weld on several different metals including the same metals bomb casing are made of! Look dont get pissed because I see a need for something and would like to do somthing about it. Your right I need results but that takes time. Also how many companys get there arms from one fab shop? Just do the math tubing $4 a foot ends 7.50 each looks like price guaging to me!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT