Transmission issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Region: North Carolina
Transmission issues

Shelby Gt clutch will not disengage, drags when fully depressed. have vacuumed the master cylinder five times. I have been told it had air in the slave. how do you get the air out when the attach fitting is at the nine o'clock position. This leaves a compartment in the slave cylinder to hold air. Has anyone had the slave seal go bad letting air suck back into the cylinder when the clutch is release? this problem started about recently, I have not had the car in a shop, it was running fine, just that the car started creeping forward or backward depending on 1st or reverse selected. shifting in the higher gears seems a little harder than usual. I have put a vacuum on the master cylinder for several hours at 20hg vac. depressing the clutch with vacuum on it show a variable of three inches on the gauge. with a vacuum on the master the clutch is engaged to where it made it impossible to shift into gear with the pedal depressed. removing the vacuum brought me back to the original shifting problem. My work area is very limited do to the Shelby lowered and the garage space is limited. I don't have a shop to freely raise and lower the car. I want to know which direction to go. I don't trust the dealership in my area to work on it. with only two transmission shop to work with I feel back into a corner. Any ideas from anyone. Jacking the car from the left side does not sound like it will help much.
borufus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT