window tinting - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: window tinting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
I want to do my whole front window but my old man...(lol) says no. He said don't push ur luck and don't get a ticket or im in trouble lol
just do a six inch strip across the top of windshield,that does look good i'm thinking of doing mine
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I did SC legal 27% all around, and as the shop recommended, a bit darker on the brow. Windshield's here are limited to the ASI line. Here is a pic... not too dark, but no glare from lights at night and much cooler on warm sunny days. Tint violations here can be as high as $400 per the tint shop, and I don't want to thow away perfectly good mod money on tickets, then hav e to pay for new tint too. Beware, in some states, cops will cut a big strip out of tint that's illegal, just so you have to have it redone.

Sent from my Droid using Mustang Evolution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110309_182833.png
Views:	214
Size:	621.6 KB
ID:	24257  
Old 03-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike
just do a six inch strip across the top of windshield,that does look good i'm thinking of doing mine
Yea I think that's what im gonna do.
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post
I did SC legal 27% all around, and as the shop recommended, a bit darker on the brow. Windshield's here are limited to the ASI line. Here is a pic... not too dark, but no glare from lights at night and much cooler on warm sunny days. Tint violations here can be as high as $400 per the tint shop, and I don't want to thow away perfectly good mod money on tickets, then hav e to pay for new tint too. Beware, in some states, cops will cut a big strip out of tint that's illegal, just so you have to have it redone.

looks great
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770

That does look good! Very good
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
I've got 5% all way. Header on windshield. If you guys have inspection stickers on your windshields, I wouldn't recommend doing the whole windshield. They're gonna have to cut a piece where insp sticker goes.
Me being a state inspector, I dont have that issue. Scotch tape the new one one too
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life View Post
Can you figure out the legal limits for
Florida?
Yes, it's the same as any other state....Clear to None!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
A couple buddies of mine have 5% all the way around, and if they get pulled over, they just drop both front windows so they don't get a ticket for it.
The brow here is limited to the "ASI" line on the windshield.
Must be some slow dimwitted cops, I did the same the first time and before he went to write the tickets he came back and asked me to roll my windows up a bit and then took a reading with some sort of gadget. I don't even bother trying to roll them down anymore. I know I'm getting a ticket for tints already so why fight it.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
We used to have them here but they have since gotten rid of them and just check with the plate number
There's still one, its on the inside of your door...but to renew your plates now you have to have proof of inspection and when they run your plates it pops up flagged if you somehow haven't had it inspected....as soon as I get back I'm registering it in GA where as long as I have a flashlight and a horn I can drive haha
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys. Got my windows done. Went with the 15% which is illegal in Indiana but looks good. Although I went with a brow on the front not to push my luck. Ill post pics in a few days when all the streaks and everything come out also im kinda frustrated cuz on the windshield where there is the little black dots that go down to the rear view mirror...the tint does not wanna stick to good between the bubbles. The tint place said run ur finger on them and that will help. And it should be better im the next couple of days. If not they said bring it back. I have a lifetime warranty on the film. And the company comes highly recommemed. So we shall see
Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have tint at 20% all around and tinted headlights/tailights and haven't been pulled over once... I'm in california thoh but still just thought I would mention it
Redmustang2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy
Ok guys. Got my windows done. Went with the 15% which is illegal in Indiana but looks good. Although I went with a brow on the front not to push my luck. Ill post pics in a few days when all the streaks and everything come out also im kinda frustrated cuz on the windshield where there is the little black dots that go down to the rear view mirror...the tint does not wanna stick to good between the bubbles. The tint place said run ur finger on them and that will help. And it should be better im the next couple of days. If not they said bring it back. I have a lifetime warranty on the film. And the company comes highly recommemed. So we shall see
I can tell you that about 99.9% of those bubbles around the rearview on mine came out. Lifetime warranty and a reputable shop are the only way to go in my book. The shop I used has been around since the 80s lol

Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post
I can tell you that about 99.9% of those bubbles around the rearview on mine came out. Lifetime warranty and a reputable shop are the only way to go in my book. The shop I used has been around since the 80s lol

i agree
Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770

Lol thanks. That reassures me. Im a perfectionist so I see every little flaw haha. But your right. You get what u pay for and I only use the best. This is also the first time I've ever had a vehicle tinted. So this is all a new experience for me.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
frustrated cuz on the windshield where there is the little black dots that go down to the rear view mirror...the tint does not wanna stick to good between the bubbles. The tint place said run ur finger on them and that will help. And it should be better im the next couple of days. If not they said bring it back. I have a lifetime warranty on the film. And the company comes highly recommemed. So we shall see
I was wondering what your exerience would be with that. That's why I haven't done the front brow due to all those black dots. I'll just have to go to a good shop with the lifetime warranty.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbain76

I was wondering what your exerience would be with that. That's why I haven't done the front brow due to all those black dots. I'll just have to go to a good shop with the lifetime warranty.
Yea a little worried but its already starting to look a lot better so im relieved.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, right after it was done, it was very cloudy from the outside, but having the warranty, I felt like I was covered. My installer told me not to put the windows down for like a month, due to the design of the window, and said to put spray silicon on them a cpl time a year to keep them soft and supple so they don't scratch the tint. He also said not to use rear defroster for 30 days as it could cause the tint to shrink and shatter the back glass. I keep her parked in the sun every day to help cure the tint, which the info from the tint manufacturer says can take a month or so, but I got the metallized film so it takes longer than regular tint. Only have one small bubble on rear glass caused by prev owner having a dog in the car. Installer even warned me that if any stray dog hair got under,it would happen..overall I'm 99.9% satisfied, and will take all my cars there in the future.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Wow that sounds like a lot of work..I'm out on that..I'm glad I didn't go with that tint. They told me I could roll down my windows in three days..I accidently rolled them down today...well the driver's side to get my mail.. oops But it didn't do anything to it...thank god..and that was only 24 hours on..haha...Mine doesn't look foggy..Inside it is as clear as clear can get...there are a few bubbles on the back window but like everyone else said..they should work their way out I need something low maintenance..haha..I'm a very busy person.
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow that sounds like a lot of work..I'm out on that..I'm glad I didn't go with that tint. They told me I could roll down my windows in three days..I accidently rolled them down today...well the driver's side to get my mail.. oops But it didn't do anything to it...thank god..and that was only 24 hours on..haha...Mine doesn't look foggy..Inside it is as clear as clear can get...there are a few bubbles on the back window but like everyone else said..they should work their way out I need something low maintenance..haha..I'm a very busy person.
cool your really going to love the tint,good luck and keep those windows up,lol
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike View Post
cool your really going to love the tint,good luck and keep those windows up,lol

Thank you...it does look good! Ill post some pics on sunday...
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: window tinting

Quote:
cool,can't wait
Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

thats insane that you can tint your front window....you go to jail for that in NC lol
Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's sunday, I don't see any pictures! Where are the pictures??
Old 03-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbain76 View Post
she's prob doing what normal ppl do sunday and sleeping in lol.....must be nice
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I will post them a little later haha im at work today and I gotta run home and get my good camera
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang View Post
Must be!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang

I wish lol. I have to be at work at 0600. So yea when u have to get up at 0445 in the morning it sucks! After I run by my house and get my camera I will post pics.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wish lol. I have to be at work at 0600. So yea when u have to get up at 0445 in the morning it sucks! After I run by my house and get my camera I will post pics.
trust me I know the feeling lol
Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the same start time, only I have to be up at 0400. Are you in the airline industry? A start time like that is popular with airports.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have the same start time, only I have to be up at 0400. Are you in the airline industry? A start time like that is popular with airports.
Yuck lol no. I work as a paramedic for a local service. Hours suck but love my job
Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yuck lol no. I work as a paramedic for a local service. Hours suck but love my job
What do you mean "yuck no" lol...I'm in the airline field. Ok, I see what you do now, I guess start time for 1st responders (like you and me) is the norm start then?!....now stop that CPR and go and get us some pics of that tinted stang of yours! I don't want someone claiming TTT on us!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What do you mean "yuck no" lol...I'm in the airline field. Ok, I see what you do now, I guess start time for 1st responders (like you and me) is the norm start then?!....now stop that CPR and go and get us some pics of that tinted stang of yours! I don't want someone claiming TTT on us!
0400 is even earlier lol. But yea. I'm getting there. Im finishing up a run lol geesh. U people are so impatient lmao just kidding
Old 03-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

The finished product of tint. Looks much better. Will post some beget pics later with a dig camera. These were taken from my droid
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20110313_143745.png
Views:	130
Size:	526.1 KB
ID:	24433   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110313_143755.png
Views:	127
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	24434  

Name:	ForumRunner_20110313_143806.png
Views:	106
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	24435   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110313_143821.png
Views:	119
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	24436  

Old 03-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great! Silver/Grey combo looks very nice.
cbf102770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: window tinting

Quote:
The finished product of tint. Looks much better. Will post some beget pics later with a dig camera. These were taken from my droid
man that looks friggin hot girl,i love the way tint makes it look,sweet
Old 03-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy
Looks awesome!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT