Procharger install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blacks197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 93
Procharger install

Just a general install question for anyone who has installed a procharger kit. I ordered one for my 06 gt should be here end of next week so in the meantime I'm prepping my garage for the install. I know it says it installs in 8 to 10 hours with basic hand tools which I have but my question I have is there anything special you would recommend to make the install go smoother? Tools or otherwise thanks for the info.
Blacks197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Post up a link of what your kit includes and we can help I'm sure.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blacks197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 93
Oh ya guess that would help. It's your basic h.o. Kit with a polished p1sc supercharger
Blacks197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
sinister07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Region: California
Posts: 379
Re: Procharger install

I installed a Paxton setup on my son's '06. The best advice that I could give is to make sure you have a helper. There were several times when I was re-routing the various hoses and wires where a second set of hands were vital. You will find that there is very little room in the engine compartment, and squeezing in the blower parts is like wrestling alligators AND greased pigs. Just take your time, read the instructions and don't get too frustrated. Oh... Band-aids will be necessary- LOTS of sharp edges on the S197's.
Definitely worth it-
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blacks197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07
I installed a Paxton setup on my son's '06. The best advice that I could give is to make sure you have a helper. There were several times when I was re-routing the various hoses and wires where a second set of hands were vital. You will find that there is very little room in the engine compartment, and squeezing in the blower parts is like wrestling alligators AND greased pigs. Just take your time, read the instructions and don't get too frustrated. Oh... Band-aids will be necessary- LOTS of sharp edges on the S197's.
Definitely worth it-
All good advice lol. bandaids check
Blacks197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
The only extra tool I can think of is an impact. I figure you're gonna have to pull the crank pulley bolt. There's always someone on this site who can help. Just shoot questions as they come up. And you never have all the tools you need.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blacks197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
The only extra tool I can think of is an impact. I figure you're gonna have to pull the crank pulley bolt. There's always someone on this site who can help. Just shoot questions as they come up. And you never have all the tools you need.
So a torque wrench would probably be a good idea then that's one thing I don't have.
Blacks197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacks197

So a torque wrench would probably be a good idea then that's one thing I don't have.
I think you might be able to get one at autozone as a loan a tool. Check out before what they have. They got some good stuff as far as tools and you get your money back. I borrowed a pilot bearing remover last week. And got the money back. Great deal they got over there.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blacks197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

I think you might be able to get one at autozone as a loan a tool. Check out before what they have. They got some good stuff as far as tools and you get your money back. I borrowed a pilot bearing remover last week. And got the money back. Great deal they got over there.
Really! I had no idea. I have one close by so that would be very helpful thanks for the heads up I'll defiantly chick into that.
Blacks197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blacks197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 93
Well day 1 of the install is done and I'll b starting day 2 shortly. All is going smooth. My father in law came to assist and I'm glad he did, 2 sets of hands is very helpful. I have everything rerouted and relocated just need to get the crank pully bolt pulled. It was giving us some trouble so we called it a day and he is gonna bring a breaker bar over since I didn't have one. Should have it all done today minus the fuel pumps since my duel gt500 pumps don't show up until Tuesday. Shooting for a Friday dyno tune, will keep u posted.
Blacks197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a ProCharger GunMetalBullet 2005-2010 Mustang GT 3 01-31-2011 01:44 PM
v6 procharger on a 5.0? can it be done? Zim 1979-1995 Mustang GT 10 06-17-2006 12:41 AM
Procharger Help tedness Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 02-15-2005 10:20 PM
Procharger??? Falcon Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 12-21-2003 11:33 PM
Procharger Squirrel Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 07-24-2003 09:17 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.