Brakes/pads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Brakes/pads

Ok so i have a 07 GT i wana upgrade my factory Brakes pads everything everyone says brembo? But realisticly $ isnt der lookin for something under 1,000 for all four if possible maybe a lil over
galindojr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galindojr24
Ok so i have a 07 GT i wana upgrade my factory Brakes pads everything everyone says brembo? But realisticly $ isnt der lookin for something under 1,000 for all four if possible maybe a lil over
If your doing more than just pads $1,000 isn't gonna cut it for anything "worth" changing to. I just bit the bullet and ordered a front & rear kit from Wilwood and it wasn't cheap.

I am taking off a front 14" Brembo kit in near new condition and will be selling it FYI. But it's a $1900 kit and I'm looking to get $1000 for it. Comes complete front kit with front an rear stainless steel brake lines. It's the Ford Racing 14" Brembo kit.
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Re: Brakes/pads

If you are just looking to upgrade the pads (and keep the stock rotors and calipers), I would look at some of the other mfrs such as Hawk, EBC, or Performance Friction.

To maximize your stock rotor/calipers, I would suggest upgrading the pads (eg. Hawk HPC or better), brake lines (Stainless Steel brakelines) and higher temp brake fluid (e.g. Motul). All of that can be done for under your $1000 budget.

Baer does make a kit that allows you to keep your stock calipers and go with a larger rotor by giving you a revised caliper bracket.

After that, you are looking at a rotor/caliper upgrade and as others have mentioned that is going to exceed your $1000 budget (unless you find a used set).

We stock everything you would need for the 1st option. We have used both Baer and Wilwood kits on our race-prepped cars if you have questions on those as well.
John@NQS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yea i heard baer was good well i guess i might as well replace the rotors as well? I wonder how much it would cost for a complete kit an why r u selling ur brembo kit from wat i hear nothing can touch brembo
galindojr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galindojr24
Yea i heard baer was good well i guess i might as well replace the rotors as well? I wonder how much it would cost for a complete kit an why r u selling ur brembo kit from wat i hear nothing can touch brembo
Basically cuz I'm silly. But really, I just bought my car last May and I am the second owner. The previous owner had the Ford Racing Brembo kit installed only 2 months before he decided to sell the car. I love the look and feel of them but unfortunately they do not make a rear kit. Because of the size of the caliper he also had to get new rims. He put Steeda Spyder rims on it and they allow you to see completely through them exposing everything behind them. Because of this I really wanted to upgrade the rear setup. I probably would have just gotten a Brembo kit for the back but as I mentioned they don't make one. I researched and found out about Wilwood and went with them front an back because I'm silly and think the front and back should look the same. Wilwood is a top notch brake setup too and is what Cervini's uses on their C-500 mustang. Sorry for the long explanation.
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT