Halo Projector Headlights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Halo Projector Headlights

I was looking to purchase a set of the halo projector headlights and was wondering if anyone has these and how good they are and how you like them? I was told to go with HIDs but I like the look of the halos. Any advice would be great.

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Go with the hids. I have the projectors and the look great but arnt the best when it comes to light. I have the best bulbs u can get in them and there not great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3900338911.png
Views:	358
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	26343  
Biffdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ya but I kinda want a new look and like the look of the halos. I mean if the halos are at least brighter than stock then that will be fine. Im kinda going more towards look than how bright they are.

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Halo Projector Headlights

They are not as bright as stock,
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That doesnt make any sense if there at least not as bright as stock

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23 View Post
That doesnt make any sense if there at least not as bright as stock
true story, my projectors sucked balls compared to stock....plus look like ****. Keep stock and put HID kits on them....those are freaking bright
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Do you know who has a good deal on HIDs and are good quality? I think I wanna go with 6000k cuz 8000 has too much blue and 6000 is a slight blue but is mostly white.

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

You can get factory HID's for a little under a $1000.00
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2 View Post
You can get factory HID's for a little under a $1000.00
no you can get the bulbs and ballist and do it yourself for about $70. its not hard. just search for it.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I'll check it out. Anyone else have any comments on the halos?

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #11

American Muscle has HID dual beam headlight conversion kit for $280.00. This kit is top notch and bight as hell. They even have a separate HID kit for your foglights for even more light. They look great... just be prepared for everyone to flash their lights at you thinking that you have your brights on when you don't.

HID Dual Beam Headlight Conversion Kit for 94-04 Mustang (9007 Bulb) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
waldo7650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23
Ok. Do you know who has a good deal on HIDs and are good quality? I think I wanna go with 6000k cuz 8000 has too much blue and 6000 is a slight blue but is mostly white.
I have a connection I met last year who sells the same exact HIGH QUALITY HID kit being sold for $280-$380 hundred dollars for only $200 shipped. He sells ONLY the best kit money can buy and offers a LIFETIME warranty on both the lights and the ballasts. You can buy the cheap sets on eBay for $70 or less but trust me they SUCK compared to this kit. eBay kits do not have the antifllicker ballasts and do not give the same light as these kits. I know this because thats what I used before I met my friend and I have never been happier. I have them in my entire family's cars and will never use anything but. Go to flashtechusa.com and check the specs, theses are the same exact kits you can get from my guy for $200. PM me if your interested
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmeo View Post
I have a connection I met last year who sells the same exact HIGH QUALITY HID kit being sold for $280-$380 hundred dollars for only $200 shipped. He sells ONLY the best kit money can buy and offers a LIFETIME warranty on both the lights and the ballasts. You can buy the cheap sets on eBay for $70 or less but trust me they SUCK compared to this kit. eBay kits do not have the antifllicker ballasts and do not give the same light as these kits. I know this because thats what I used before I met my friend and I have never been happier. I have them in my entire family's cars and will never use anything but. Go to flashtechusa.com and check the specs, theses are the same exact kits you can get from my guy for $200. PM me if your interested
they aren't the ebay ones, I had a hook up with this guy brad that runs superbikesupply bc I was gonna put it on my bike. I'll find the site he got them from. You can get any color on the spectrum as well. I'll try and find it for everyone
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang

they aren't the ebay ones, I had a hook up with this guy brad that runs superbikesupply bc I was gonna put it on my bike. I'll find the site he got them from. You can get any color on the spectrum as well. I'll try and find it for everyone
Sounds good. I would be very surprised if these are the same quality as the ones I can get. Also, how about warranty? These bulbs are expensive to replace never mind the ballasts. I can honestly say my friends are LIFETIME warranty. That's a huge piece of mind to me. Also, are the ones your talking about bi xenon? Are they powered with a harness and relay so you get xenon high and low beam?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good. I would be very surprised if these are the same quality as the ones I can get. Also, how about warranty? These bulbs are expensive to replace never mind the ballasts. I can honestly say my friends are LIFETIME warranty. That's a huge piece of mind to me. Also, are the ones your talking about bi xenon? Are they powered with a harness and relay so you get xenon high and low beam?
yes, i'm going through my old threats on 1000rr.net and seeing if I can find it. It was over a year ago that it was posted so may not be there. Idc if they aren't like the sun shining lol. but its a nice upgrade. Once I find the site I'll just post it on here and you can give me your opinion. I'm not a light expert or anything lol but you can let us know if its a good deal or not
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not a light expert or anything lol but you can let us know if its a good deal or not
Me either I only know what I found out by getting cheap ones and having ballasts break and the bulbs die. After buying a couple of sets over 6 months or so I ended up spending more than what I would have on the good kit I later found lol. I have been using these kits for 2 years on 6 different vehicles (wife's, friends and family members) and only had 1 bulb quit on me. But since they have a lifetime warranty it didn't cost me a dime to get it replaced. I am not offended if nobody wants these kits, I am just trying to help out some fellow Mustang enthusiasts
Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Me either I only know what I found out by getting cheap ones and having ballasts break and the bulbs die. After buying a couple of sets over 6 months or so I ended up spending more than what I would have on the good kit I later found lol. I have been using these kits for 2 years on 6 different vehicles (wife's, friends and family members) and only had 1 bulb quit on me. But since they have a lifetime warranty it didn't cost me a dime to get it replaced. I am not offended if nobody wants these kits, I am just trying to help out some fellow Mustang enthusiasts
oh yeah man def, i'm always willing to learn. Do you know how to install the conversion yourself? if so write up a DIY that would be awesome.
Here's the lights I found. They are the same ones in BMW's and other Euro cars. If you read they have a selection for high/low beam in one bulb.

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

oh yeah man def, i'm always willing to learn. Do you know how to install the conversion yourself? if so write up a DIY that would be awesome.
Here's the lights I found. They are the same ones in BMW's and other Euro cars. If you read they have a selection for high/low beam in one bulb.

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
Yes I have installed them myself in many different vehicles. If I take my car apart in the near future I will take pics and do a write up but it may already have been done. The link you provided does look legit. If anyone has experience with them please chime in. It does state a lifetime warranty so that's good.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I have installed them myself in many different vehicles. If I take my car apart in the near future I will take pics and do a write up but it may already have been done. The link you provided does look legit. If anyone has experience with them please chime in. It does state a lifetime warranty so that's good.
yeah here's a DIY guide from the site as well

https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/in...emid=1&nav=0,1
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ive yet to see any that are good quality.. I would skip them
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
I used to think so. I wouldn't mention them otherwise. Well, IMO that is
Old 05-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
So do you just have the stock ones and stock bulbs? Long story short I have a scar over my cornea on my right eye and can't see **** out of it at night and need something brighter than stock. the DDM one worked awesome with just one bulb on my bike
Old 05-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I got the 9007 dual beams from DDM and they look and work great in my car.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
I got the 9007 dual beams from DDM and they look and work great in my car.
was it really easy to install? I know you prob don't wanna do this but if you could show us where you put the ballist and all that stuff would be awesome. Or even create a DIY thread
Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

was it really easy to install? I know you prob don't wanna do this but if you could show us where you put the ballist and all that stuff would be awesome. Or even create a DIY thread
In each wheel well take out the forward section of the splash shield and use self tapping screws to mount it to the front radiator support. It is only 4 inches from the headlight itself which is nice and it is protected from road grime being behind the splash shield.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In each wheel well take out the forward section of the splash shield and use self tapping screws to mount it to the front radiator support. It is only 4 inches from the headlight itself which is nice and it is protected from road grime being behind the splash shield.
It could just be bc i'm tired as hell but could you take a pic, i'm a visual person lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sure, I might pull off my bumper and take some pics on Friday of my install. I work today.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure, I might pull off my bumper and take some pics on Friday of my install. I work today.
no need to do that man lol. I can figure something out when I get back. I wont be back in the states for about 2 weeks so I've got more than enough time lol but thanks for the offer
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It could just be bc i'm tired as hell but could you take a pic, i'm a visual person lol.
Installed mine a year ago and would have to remove splash shield just to take a picture Its simple, the splash shield in the wheel well is two pieces. Use a Phillips screw driver to take out the 3 screws and roughly 4 plastic whos-a-ma-jiggers and the shield will come right out exposing the area behind the headlight. I feel this is hands down the best place for the ballasts.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Installed mine a year ago and would have to remove splash shield just to take a picture Its simple, the splash shield in the wheel well is two pieces. Use a Phillips screw driver to take out the 3 screws and roughly 4 plastic whos-a-ma-jiggers and the shield will come right out exposing the area behind the headlight. I feel this is hands down the best place for the ballasts.
haha thats a sweet word(s). I will have to check it out when I can get down there
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmeo

Ya I'm interested. I'll let you know when I want to buy them. Probably within the next week or two. Do you have any pics of them? And are they 6000k or brighter?

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23

Ya I'm interested. I'll let you know when I want to buy them. Probably within the next week or two. Do you have any pics of them? And are they 6000k or brighter?
No pictures but it comes with the harness, bulbs and ballasts. I can get you any color you want. From my experience 6000k is my favorite but I'll get you what ever you want. Check out the mentioned web site for info on helping you select what color you want. When your ready just PM me
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
did you need the harness, the website says some american cars don't need it
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

did you need the harness, the website says some american cars don't need it
My dual beam kit came with a harness of some sort, so I didn't get it. I just got a 4500k dual beam 9007 kit. (I would have liked 5000k or 6000k though) and it came with this

Edit: it's the coiled up black thing btw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-326050824.png
Views:	161
Size:	898.4 KB
ID:	26618  
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

cool you got the raptor one? I'm prob gonna get these

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT