Bypass O2 Sensors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Wolfsbain76 is unknown around these parts
Question Bypass O2 Sensors

Just wondering....This week (I hope) will be putting on my Short Tube Headers and X pipe. If I don't get the sound that I want I will take out the front Cat's. Now, with doing that, I'm sure that the Check Engine light will come one....is there a way to bypass and trick the computer into thinking nothing is wrong? I once seen a connector that you attach to the sensors and it gave an all good reading to the computer, all the meantime the connectors are not connected. Besides doing that, is there a way to not get the engine light not to come on once I delete the cats?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
mrc
Registered Member
Regular

mrc is unknown around these parts
Re: Bypass O2 Sensors

Order the MIL eliminators from Americanmuscle.com. They cost like $60 and get rid of the CEL.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

stampde is unknown around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc View Post
Order the MIL eliminators from Americanmuscle.com. They cost like $60 and get rid of the CEL.
+1
JLT CAI , BBK 62mm throttle body
Bama Tune
3.55 diff
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks men! Your help is appreciated!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
mrc
Registered Member
Regular

Happy to help.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well, ain't this a blowback! MIL Eliminators aren't made for the 07 and up. Instead, I will now have to purchase an SCT Tuner. Well, it's like my friend/mechanic says, if you want to play, your going to pay! So I figured I would go to the mustang place and just have them tune it with their equipment, but they said that they can't because SCT Tuners once programed for one specific vehicle will now only work for that vehicle. So, I have to buy one and then they will tune it. Is that true? How then, do they do work on other mustangs? Do they strong arm everyone into buying one and getting kickbacks from the tuner companies for the sales?? Oh well, I'll get it anyway b/c I plan on getting a CAI eventually, so, I will need to tune it too.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
mrc
Registered Member
Regular

Well that kinda sucks. I never looked into the year/odel the the mil elims worked for. The tuner would be the next choice. The shop is right though. Each car gets its own tuner. The tuner keeps your cars original programing so you can go back to stock. That's wht each car has its own.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Southern stang is unknown around these parts
Yes the tuner will be mated to your car until it is returned back to the stock program and unlocked Why the shorty's?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern stang View Post
Yes the tuner will be mated to your car until it is returned back to the stock program and unlocked Why the shorty's?
Yeah, I did some research on the tuner and they do get married to your car. But then, how is it that you can get one on Ebay if that programer is tuned for another car? I got the shortys b/c the long tubes were mainly for off road. If I don't like the shorty tubes, then a change to the long tubes. I'm basically wanting more noise with my exhaust and if horse power comes with it, that's fine with me
Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Texastboneking is just getting started.
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
O2 eliminators only work on older vehicles. Because the new vehicles use a different monitoring style. Old o2 would measure voltage only. So a few resistors in the harness would make them turn the engine light back off. New o2 sensors use voltage and wavelength pattern. Something you can't fool easily. Sct is what you need. The shop can make a custom tune for you but you will need the tuner to put it on your car. Once you put the tuner on your car the tuner can't be used on another vehicle. Until the tune is removed from your car. Hope this helps
Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
O2 eliminators only work on older vehicles. Because the new vehicles use a different monitoring style. Old o2 would measure voltage only. So a few resistors in the harness would make them turn the engine light back off. New o2 sensors use voltage and wavelength pattern. Something you can't fool easily. Sct is what you need. The shop can make a custom tune for you but you will need the tuner to put it on your car. Once you put the tuner on your car the tuner can't be used on another vehicle. Until the tune is removed from your car. Hope this helps
Yes, definately helps, Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 04:27 AM   #12

Bigorangek9 is unknown around these parts
American muscle (Bama tunes) is the way to go! They offer lifetime tunes for any future changes you make on your car. Its calibrated to YOUR specific computer in YOUR car. Its possible it could work in another car but if any options are different then there could be problems. I installed long tube headers, Xpipe & mufflers without converters, (sounds awsome!) I just called Bama tunes & told them what I had & they set it up in no time & I was rolling with no CEL. That's the way to go!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #13

Windveil88 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigorangek9
American muscle (Bama tunes) is the way to go! They offer lifetime tunes for any future changes you make on your car. Its calibrated to YOUR specific computer in YOUR car. Its possible it could work in another car but if any options are different then there could be problems. I installed long tube headers, Xpipe & mufflers without converters, (sounds awsome!) I just called Bama tunes & told them what I had & they set it up in no time & I was rolling with no CEL. That's the way to go!
This.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT