Changing plugs and coil overs 06' 3v GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Changing plugs and coil overs 06' 3v GT

Wanted to ask out there .... Looking for a little advice . Looking to change out coil over (replacing OEM) and a new set of plugs . Been looking at autolite XP's 16mm vs Ford Racing 3v 16mm . Both same price but Autozone is giving rebates on there Autolite plugs . What is the best to use ? Also accel or MSD coil over? Accel are $100 cheaper than MSD is there that much difference ?
buck199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck199
Wanted to ask out there .... Looking for a little advice . Looking to change out coil over (replacing OEM) and a new set of plugs . Been looking at autolite XP's 16mm vs Ford Racing 3v 16mm . Both same price but Autozone is giving rebates on there Autolite plugs . What is the best to use ? Also accel or MSD coil over? Accel are $100 cheaper than MSD is there that much difference ?
I believe autolite is made by Ford but Ford racing is probably a step above them. I would get the Ford Racing plugs. I am not sure if changing the coil packs will do anything for you but if you really want them I believe MSD is superior to Accell. This is where the Accell users chime in with the opposite opinion
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: Changing plugs and coil overs 06' 3v GT

i would stick with your current coil overs if they are still good. just replace the boots. i went from oem coils to msd coils and there is no difference in power. just looks and msd usually last longer.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks so much .... Funny thing is that's what exactly what the guy said from ford racing when I called ... That the coil overs that are OEM are just as good as anything you could buy ... So with everything yall said ... I am going to put money in a bbk Catted x pipe and a aggressive chin spoiler ... And at 65,000 miles just change the plugs ... What do y'all think ?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck199 View Post
Thanks so much .... Funny thing is that's what exactly what the guy said from ford racing when I called ... That the coil overs that are OEM are just as good as anything you could buy ... So with everything yall said ... I am going to put money in a bbk Catted x pipe and a aggressive chin spoiler ... And at 65,000 miles just change the plugs ... What do y'all think ?
i say good on the spark plugs and be careful with them. i cant remember the last year of the 3v that had spark plug issues. park it and spray wd40 down each spark plug hole and let it sit over night. just to be sure. and i say go off road pipe. always sounds better and gives you just a little more power. but mainly for the sound. here is mine. took the video last night. off road xpipe with dynomax exhaust
Old 05-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds great bro . Also can you give me some options on what off road x pipe to get . I have OEM manifolds with SLP loudmouths .. I can get a tune done from bama with my tuner . Just looking for a easy bolt on x that sounds killer with some performance .., let me know ...
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Road Trip!

the brand dont really matter on the off road pipe. it is just pipe and all the brands are pretty much alike. but mine is bbk. and it will bolt right up
Old 05-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Again . Don't see how you get by with emmisons. Where I am I have to have cats ... Wish I knew how to bypass that though for sure ...
Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Road Trip!

well im supposed to have them too. im in an emissions county. i have no egr. smog pump deleted and no cats. and i pass with a custom sct tune as long as they dont look under your car your ok. and my car is 3 inches off the ground i give props to the guy that tries to look under it. and if you have problems just keep your stock pipe. you could put it on to pass inspection then take it back off

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT