Mustang Evolution Forum banner

wheel hop

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Gibby 
#1 ·
Sometimes when I get on the throttle in first gear the rear end hops like crazy. I turned off the traction control and its worse. Should I get stiff springs in the rear or maybe shocks? I really don't know anything about suspension, so everyone's advice would be appreciative.

#2 ·
I have this problem depending on the surface of the road I'm on. When I'm driving around town where the roads are smooth like concrete I always start to freak out when my back end starts stuttering along while I'm taking off. I accredit my problem to very bald tires.

#6 ·
springs, tires, better (non rubber bushing) suspension components all help along with subframe connectors. You have it easy compared to stock IRS cobra setups lol those LOVE to hop.

#12 ·
I put a BMR pan hard bar, and took it away. Then I went with steeda proaction in all 4 corners with their ultralite springs, rear trailing arms, subframe connectors and 3rd link. It's all part of a plan to stay level. Just to eliminate wheel hop the $100 BMR pan hard will take care of that and help you launch straighter.

#13 ·
254S197 said:
I put a BMR pan hard bar, and took it away. Then I went with steeda proaction in all 4 corners with their ultralite springs, rear trailing arms, subframe connectors and 3rd link. It's all part of a plan to stay level. Just to eliminate wheel hop the $100 BMR pan hard will take care of that and help you launch straighter.
Thanks. I'll look into it

#14 ·
Pan hard bar will do nothing to stop wheel hop!!!! Search the INTERNET for tech wright-ups on Mustang Suspension ,or go to the web site of parts manufactures and learn the proper settings for the rears. Plan on the way you want the car when finished , so that you don't buy the wrong parts the first time.

#16 ·
Quick lesson, Pan hard bar is used to center rear axle ( side to side). If you lower your car the rear will move to the left side of the car, So you will need an adjustable Pan hard bar to bring it back to the right, to center it. That is it's only function.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.