Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Should I get this?

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Murph 
#1 ·
What do y'all think?
Please look at the attached vehicle history report and guide me.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
look a few posts up. i posted what i thought. now if you can get the car here i will gladly look it over for any damage that might cause problems down the road.

#28 ·
Well KBB says should be around 16k for one at a dealer. SO with salvaged title not a bad price.

I agree test drive it get it checked out and pull a carfax. Then decide. Try to find out why has salvaged title if can.

#31 ·
Look at the plastic pieces in the engine bay if any look new that usually means that the core support and radiator have been damaged. And as for the rear bumper you can get under the car and look at the metal behind the bumper and see If anything looks like it has been worked on. just be very cautious. People can be sneaky.

#32 ·
Talked to the seller. He got it as a wrecked car from a crash to the left front bumper in an auction and restored it. It has a rebuilt title. He said he has had it just as a 'collector'. That's why the low miles. He said he spent 3k on the hood and bumper. It's ROUSH. 1800 on the wheels. I asked about frame damage. He said there's no frame and that it's unibody. Is that correct?

#33 ·
scorpiouno said:
Talked to the seller. He got it as a wrecked car from a crash to the left front bumper in an auction and restored it. It has a rebuilt title. He said he has had it just as a 'collector'. That's why the low miles. He said he spent 3k on the hood and bumper. It's ROUSH. 1800 on the wheels. I asked about frame damage. He said there's no frame and that it's unibody. Is that correct?
Yes. But the unibody could be damaged. He should have understood what you were asking when you said frame

#35 ·
Gibby said:
Look at the plastic pieces in the engine bay if any look new that usually means that the core support and radiator have been damaged. And as for the rear bumper you can get under the car and look at the metal behind the bumper and see If anything looks like it has been worked on. just be very cautious. People can be sneaky.
Any chance you can post some google images of where I should be looking for these?

#39 ·
If it was just a fender and nose, I can't see it being written off as junk by any insurance co. I wouldn't trust anything with a salvage title. And some day when you're ready to sell it, you'll end up giving it away. With all the mustangs on car lots these days, you have choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.