Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Should I get this?

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Murph 
#1 ·
What do y'all think?
Please look at the attached vehicle history report and guide me.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
well seeing that he has changed a lot of the body and its a salvage title, i would def. get as much information from the owner as possible. being a newer car with that low of miles it would have to take a pretty big hit to be totaled-frame damage, etc. but then again just the air bags bring that amount sky high too. also, how do you know if 53k miles is correct? its saying that odometer doesn't work...

if it were me, i wouldn't do it. you never know what hidden issues are there and what the real story is behind the car.

#18 ·
I would run. It's been totaled and rebuilt more than likely hence the salvage title. Odo doesn't work properly leads me away also. Your money though buddy. I'm not telling you no or yes. Just stating my personal opinion. Happy shopping :)

#20 ·
Honestly, I would get a CarFax, This Autocheck is CRAP. It could have a salvage title if the car was stolen! In the history it doesn't list any Police reports, or Dealer, body shop repairs or reports.
It maybe a pile of JUNK, but it may be a real good deal. It is worth a little more back ground work, and take it to a shop for inspection. Do your own work , don't rely on a couple of post in a Forum to make this kind of decision

#21 ·
Get the car fax, test drive it and talk to the owner, and then take it to a mechanic. If he says no to the mechanic then just leave it where it is. It will not be worth the headaches in the future just to get a good deal.

If everything checks out then maybe workout a contract with the guy somehow.

#25 ·
with so many people saying no, i am really apprehensive about even considering getting this. will it be worth it if i ask for 7k or so instead of the 10.5 he's asking for? or is it not worth even that for the problems it might cause. can a mechanic not inspect it and tell if there are any problems or frame damage?

just that a mustang GT with ROUSH for so less is tempting...

i do not plan on selling the car i buy ever. this will be my second car and i will use it until it becomes junk. just need to make sure that it doesn't give me problems if i do get it.

thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.