Cheapest Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Cheapest Supercharger

Hey guys what's the lowest price supercharger you've seen for an 05-09 GT
GTstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
i dont know for sure, but superchargers arent something you want to go cheap on. it will cost more in the long run if you go cheap.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Very true I would love to have one but I don't think it's practical . Ive seen lowest 3500 I was jw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Cheapest Supercharger

Definitely don't wanna go cheap on a blower,it's better in the long run.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If I ever get one I'm getting a nice one that would serve me well. But that won't be for years
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to JDwoodman

If you want cheap power look into nitrous. a $1500 commitment can get you a sweet(SAFE) setup. Plus noobs at car shows freak-out if anyone has NOS....lol

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

-JD
(Current)2012-Black 5.0 Premium Whipple 2.9L Supercharger Stage 2 Kit, ID1000's, JMS BAP, GT500 Six piston Brembo Brakes, Boss 302 front and rear diffusers, GT500 Spoiler, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, and Boss 302 oil cooler.

(SOLD)2010-Sterling Gray V6 Pony Package (too many mods to list)
JDwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Knight F Mohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDwoodman View Post
If you want cheap power look into nitrous. a $1500 commitment can get you a sweet(SAFE) setup. Plus noobs at car shows freak-out if anyone has NOS....lol

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

-JD
Nitrous can be done for much less than $1500...

-Will
Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Zex is a easy to use kit and is also very safe. Combo starts around 600ish
Old 06-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends if you want twin screw or centrrifugial , not sure if I spelled that right.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Does anybody make a setup to use an 03 Cobra Eaton on an 05+ 3V?

-Will
Old 06-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight F Mohawk View Post
Nitrous can be done for much less than $1500...

-Will
You wanna spend that much for everything if your getting gauges/professional install/dyno tune/window switch I'm talking 1500 for a really sweet nitrous setup that will run great and with few problems.

-JD
(Current)2012-Black 5.0 Premium Whipple 2.9L Supercharger Stage 2 Kit, ID1000's, JMS BAP, GT500 Six piston Brembo Brakes, Boss 302 front and rear diffusers, GT500 Spoiler, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, and Boss 302 oil cooler.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You wanna spend that much for everything if your getting gauges/professional install/dyno tune/window switch I'm talking 1500 for a really sweet nitrous setup that will run great and with few problems.

-JD
1.) Nitrous is easy to install...

2.) You should be able to spray safely, with few problems, for less than $1500

3.) If I'm spending $1500 I'll just spend the extra grand and go forced induction

-Will
Old 06-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1.) Nitrous is easy to install...

2.) You should be able to spray safely, with few problems, for less than $1500

3.) If I'm spending $1500 I'll just spend the extra grand and go forced induction

-Will
Idk then I still think a correctly setup nitrous system will run you $1500....but I guess its all determined by what sort of shot/system we are talking about anyway and if your upgrading any internals. Plus a low end forced induction kit that will provide equal power will as you said be still be almost twice that price.

-JD

Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk then I still think a correctly setup nitrous system will run you $1500....but I guess its all determined by what sort of shot/system we are talking about anyway and if your upgrading any internals. Plus a low end forced induction kit that will provide equal power will as you said be still be almost twice that price.

-JD
Maybe it depends on your definition of "correctly setup"....But I can tell you I've sprayed half a dozen vehicles, I've never had a problem with it, and I've never had over $800 in any setup.

-Will
Old 06-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe it depends on your definition of "correctly setup"....But I can tell you I've sprayed half a dozen vehicles, I've never had a problem with it, and I've never had over $800 in any setup.

-Will
What nitrous equipment are we talking about here and how big is the shot?

-JD

Wanna pm this? so people don't get annoyed? lol

Old 06-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Zex has tons of kits with everything you need for a 125 shot for $650ish... With a tune and other stuff, easily under $1000
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I must be incorrect with my numbers I was under the impression that pricing was like this: Lets pretend we have a 2005 GT and we wanna do a Zex kit also we will buy all parts from American Muscle. CLICK THE LINKS!

Kit: $600
Window Switch: $150
Purge System: $120
Gauges: $150
Remote Bottle Opener: $100
Safety Blow Down: $50
Dyno tuning: $200est..

This equals:$1370
Then the rest would be for install.....of these items

Yes I agree it can be done cheaper and I don't wanna argue with anyone.

My comment was only quoting a possible solution and if anyone still disagrees that my $1500 is a ridiculous quote for a great nitrous system please consult the people selling the parts and argue with them about prices. Now, to get this price I didn't even include bottle brackets/heaters/or other possible additions. It is actually quite easy to spend 2000 on nitrous but as always it appears that you get what you pay for and if you go get a $500 system you wont get the same bonuses that the one listed above for $1500 will provide.

Same goes for forced induction. If you go get some crap turbo with 2 psi your only gunna spend $600 woohooo.....but you dont get any real great power/quality.

If anyone still disagrees just PM me and we can talk there and leave this good post alone.....lol

-JD

Old 06-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Cheap is such a dirty word.
PsychandStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Cheap is like a good whore. You get what you pay for...
Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I must be incorrect with my numbers I was under the impression that pricing was like this: Lets pretend we have a 2005 GT and we wanna do a Zex kit also we will buy all parts from American Muscle. CLICK THE LINKS!

Kit: $600
Window Switch: $150
Purge System: $120
Gauges: $150
Remote Bottle Opener: $100
Safety Blow Down: $50
Dyno tuning: $200est..

This equals:$1370
Then the rest would be for install.....of these items

Yes I agree it can be done cheaper and I don't wanna argue with anyone.

My comment was only quoting a possible solution and if anyone still disagrees that my $1500 is a ridiculous quote for a great nitrous system please consult the people selling the parts and argue with them about prices. Now, to get this price I didn't even include bottle brackets/heaters/or other possible additions. It is actually quite easy to spend 2000 on nitrous but as always it appears that you get what you pay for and if you go get a $500 system you wont get the same bonuses that the one listed above for $1500 will provide.

Same goes for forced induction. If you go get some crap turbo with 2 psi your only gunna spend $600 woohooo.....but you dont get any real great power/quality.

If anyone still disagrees just PM me and we can talk there and leave this good post alone.....lol

-JD
Zex is blah....MUCH better options available.

Harris Speed Works is less than $600....and a quality kit.
Harris Speed Works*::*EFI Nitrous Kits*::*Ford Vehicles*::*Mustang*::*Mustang '05 - '09*::*HSW Wet Nitrous Kits*::*Sudden Impact Wet Nitrous Kit

Purge kit is under a hundred bucks
Harris Speed Works*::*Nitrous Purge Kits*::*Nitrous Purge Kit (4AN Fitting)

IMHO, this is THE best option for a WOT switch, clutch cutoff switch, and window switch. N2MB WOT box with no lift shift, 2-step, and optional nitrous controller. Programmable WOT switch, window switch, clutch cutoff switch. AWESOME, especially with the additional options. For the price, it's impossible to beat.
N2MB Racing

The only gauge you need is a pressure gauge, which should come with the kit you purchase. Any additional gauges are just to look cool, and it is unrequited $$$.

Remote bottle opener is a "nice to have"....but no where NEAR a requirement.

Blow down tube. I'm up in the air on it. If you're doing it right, especially for a tech requiring track, it's a must. I will say, I prefer a flexible, braided blow down hooked to a bulk head as opposed to the hard tubes.

The tune is also up in the air. EFI kits that are produced for stock cars are friendly for use on stock vehicles, AS LONG AS USED CORRECTLY. A stock car, or even VERY mild bolt ons, with a run-of-the-mill kit, 1-step colder COPPER plugs gapped down to .035-.040, running premium fuel, should have no issues running a small shot.

That said.....a tune is ALWAYS a great idea. If you plan on spraying over 75-100 on a car, I'd always advise it. Also, if you've had any prior computer tuning done, it is a MUST, because timing was likely added and you were likely slightly leaned out.....

All that is why I say it's up in the air....because it depends on a lot of stuff.

So no, $1500 is not a reasonable quote for a reliable nitrous setup. $1500 is a quote for a nitrous setup that you did not shop around or do research on......and you want to look as cool as possible.

Oh, and install it yourself....it's not difficult.

Thanks,

-Will
Old 06-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Zex is blah....MUCH better options available.

Harris Speed Works is less than $600....and a quality kit.
Harris Speed Works*::*EFI Nitrous Kits*::*Ford Vehicles*::*Mustang*::*Mustang '05 - '09*::*HSW Wet Nitrous Kits*::*Sudden Impact Wet Nitrous Kit

Purge kit is under a hundred bucks
Harris Speed Works*::*Nitrous Purge Kits*::*Nitrous Purge Kit (4AN Fitting)

IMHO, this is THE best option for a WOT switch, clutch cutoff switch, and window switch. N2MB WOT box with no lift shift, 2-step, and optional nitrous controller. Programmable WOT switch, window switch, clutch cutoff switch. AWESOME, especially with the additional options. For the price, it's impossible to beat.
N2MB Racing

The only gauge you need is a pressure gauge, which should come with the kit you purchase. Any additional gauges are just to look cool, and it is unrequited $$$.

Remote bottle opener is a "nice to have"....but no where NEAR a requirement.

Blow down tube. I'm up in the air on it. If you're doing it right, especially for a tech requiring track, it's a must. I will say, I prefer a flexible, braided blow down hooked to a bulk head as opposed to the hard tubes.

The tune is also up in the air. EFI kits that are produced for stock cars are friendly for use on stock vehicles, AS LONG AS USED CORRECTLY. A stock car, or even VERY mild bolt ons, with a run-of-the-mill kit, 1-step colder COPPER plugs gapped down to .035-.040, running premium fuel, should have no issues running a small shot.

That said.....a tune is ALWAYS a great idea. If you plan on spraying over 75-100 on a car, I'd always advise it. Also, if you've had any prior computer tuning done, it is a MUST, because timing was likely added and you were likely slightly leaned out.....

All that is why I say it's up in the air....because it depends on a lot of stuff.

So no, $1500 is not a reasonable quote for a reliable nitrous setup. $1500 is a quote for a nitrous setup that you did not shop around or do research on......and you want to look as cool as possible.

Oh, and install it yourself....it's not difficult.

Thanks,

-Will
Haha touche ^

I do apologize then for any problems my misquote may have caused. My information is completely useless and I stand corrected. Thanks to Will for his legit knowledge with nitrous I have in fact learned something.

Later!

-JD

Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha touche ^

I do apologize then for any problems my misquote may have caused. My information is completely useless and I stand corrected. Thanks to Will for his legit knowledge with nitrous I have in fact learned something.

Later!

-JD

We all have room to learn.....

-Will
Old 07-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #23

Region: Indiana

This is making me want to go buy a nitrous kit!
Murdered_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

To me nitrous is like an orgasm , it's fun while it lasts but it don't last long.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

If you're doing it right, a race won't last long either....

-Will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

« heads | Axle backs »