Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Updates w/pics of my '05

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Murph 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, how's it goin? Joined up not too long ago and here is an update with some pics. Anyways, my 05 has been through a lot lately. Main thing was getting nailed pretty good by a Volvo about a month ago. Got rear ended good. Pics:

It was a pretty good hit. Had my wife with me and good thing we are both okay. All I can say is man... These cars hold up good. Look what happened to the Volvo:

Got it reapired at a good friends shop and also got some of the other f'ups (dings and scratches) it had on it fixed. Also got a GT500-GT/CS rear bumper and got my front GT/CS front bumper re-conditioned. Here are some pics of when it came home:

Left the emblems off of the fenders cuz I had an idea and hadn't had time to stripe the rear bumper. Well I wanted to do something different with an old skool twist on the emblems and I think I came up with somethin good... Pics:

Rear bumper striped:

Well, I'm really happy with the looks of my car now. Maybe now it can actually place at a car show...lol Let me know what you think!!! Hopefully I run into some of you SoCal dudes at a show... Take care fellas...

See less See more
#11 ·
Hell yeah. It was a female driver who was saying her brakes failed... I was able to pull over to the shoulder while she got lucky that an FSP (Freeway Service Patrol) truck was posted up on the shoulder and went and picked up her ruins. First thing I see her doing instead of coming out to say OMG sorry or something? Glued to to her f'in cell phone... Really? Your brakes failed? Get right...lol

Looks good. The painted it and repaired really nice. But no new lisence plate or what? Lol.
lol... Your not the only who's asked me bout the plate. I got a set of personalized plates comin...

looks like it could have been worse maybe its just the rear bumper
The pics don't do the damage justice. Not that it's a good thing. It got nailed good. 1/4 panel got a small crease, impact par bent, impact bar mount buccled, exhaust pipe bent to sh*t... It was a good hit but nothing that coudn't be fixed right.

#9 ·
sucks for the wreck, but wow the Mustang held up really well compared to that Volvo! looks like they really took care of her for ya though, she looks great!

#17 ·
I can't say I'm innocent about talkin, or even shooting a text while driving. Getting hit like that is no joke. Even.worse when a loved one is with you.

That there was my wake up call. I am never picking up that phone to text nor call. Phone stays in my pocket with the Bluetooth on. I purposely bought a new head unit with integrated Bluetooth for that simple reason... TO KEEP THE F'N PHONE OF MY FACE WHILE DRIVING. Now its as easy as pushing the answer button on the head unit. Hey, and if a get a text, it shows it on the display.

There are plenty of tools out there to make it easy for drivers to use their creature comforts. It's just up to us to be responsible about it....

#18 ·
Great work man, your "stang is lookin' D O P E!

#24 ·
Nice job! I'm going through the same myself right now. Some genius didn't strap down some steel on their trailer and a 6 ft trailer rail bounced off into the front of my ride. Their ins is paying, so like you I'm going to add a couple bucks and do a little more to really spruce it up. You did it right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.