Just purchased my 1st mod.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Just purchased my 1st mod..

I got my car with a few upgrades already installed on it but I made my first investment today. I purchased a tuner from American Muscle & will be getting my hands on it shortly. It's a weird sensation making the jump into actually doing something to increase my car's performance & to be fully honest, I've never done it before. Now I have the task of hiding it from my ole lady because she wants 100% of our funds current & extra going toward getting married in a few months..
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just purchased my 1st mod..

the tuner is easy to use and should give you good results if you got the premium tune, even better as you start doing mods and get updates to the tune for those new changes
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

load up that race tune,the throttle response on that one is by far the best. One you go race tune you won't even care to try the others.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Congrats on your purchase and good luck with it.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Good luck with the tuner and the wifey... Ha!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
mrc
Registered Member
Regular

Enjoy the tuner. It is a great piece of equipment.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Thanks for the heads-up guys. I'll be sure to keep the race tune plugged in DDM. Thank you for the fair wishes with the ole lady Amie, I'll be needing that when she gets back from out of town.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I just hope the piece of equipment you got for your car won't make you miss out on the wifes equipment, wink wink wink .
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
I just hope the piece of equipment you got for your car won't make you miss out on the wifes equipment, wink wink wink .
Nothing a little candlelight, nice dinner, chocolate, wine, and some Bary White can't fix.. I'm hoping so anyway otherwise Petey is in the doghouse and that ain't good kool-aid.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

remember the race tune requires premium, listen for detonation closely as well if you ever get bad gas you may have some so just FYI (marbles rolling around in your intake is what it kind of sounds like)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
remember the race tune requires premium, listen for detonation closely as well if you ever get bad gas you may have some so just FYI (marbles rolling around in your intake is what it kind of sounds like)
I selected a mid-grade fuel for the sport tune and 91 octane for the race. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Regular
Supporter

93 FTW!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
93 FTW!
My associates were swearing up and down last night that we don't get 93 octane up here. Only 92 or 91.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I hope she will understand. Quick, put on Barry White!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I hope she will understand. Quick, put on Barry White!
What woman can resist the candles, nice dinner, chocolates, & Bary White? That's totally excusable if your fiancée uses a large sum of your wedding funds for car stuff, isn't it?
Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Heck yeah I just got my tuner in today from them I literally just tuned it and the trottle is touchier now but I got drain the fuel to get that 91 back in it....and as far as the mrs. Just tell her it was on sale for 60 bucks get rid of the evidence and shoot women love sales so she might be happy!
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT
I got my car with a few upgrades already installed on it but I made my first investment today. I purchased a tuner from American Muscle & will be getting my hands on it shortly. It's a weird sensation making the jump into actually doing something to increase my car's performance & to be fully honest, I've never done it before. Now I have the task of hiding it from my ole lady because she wants 100% of our funds current & extra going toward getting married in a few months..
You aren't married yet it's your money!
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88

You aren't married yet it's your money!
Not when we've had a joint checking account for about 5 years.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #20
Regular
Supporter

Yes dear,that's right,Craigslist.....I'm serious. This guy has the same year car as me and just bought this brand new tuner but said he had some money issues so he just wanted to unload it. This thing is only a week old and is $300 dollars or more brand new.......I offered him $50 and BAM! Can you believe this idiot let it go for $50!?! Boy I really came out on top with this find,right?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Tell her the CHECK ENGINE light came on and you needed to buy it to fix problem!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes dear,that's right,Craigslist.....I'm serious. This guy has the same year car as me and just bought this brand new tuner but said he had some money issues so he just wanted to unload it. This thing is only a week old and is $300 dollars or more brand new.......I offered him $50 and BAM! Can you believe this idiot let it go for $50!?! Boy I really came out on top with this find,right?
Exactly!!!! She will be like OMG!!! That's awesome Hahahaha
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

This is good in theory but again, we share a checking account.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:

Not when we've had a joint checking account for about 5 years.
Well good luck on future upgrades
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
Well good luck on future upgrades
Thanks for that, I'm going to need it. She already proclaims that she is scared I'm going to leave her for my car..
Old 06-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Thanks for that, I'm going to need it. She already proclaims that she is scared I'm going to leave her for my car..
Haha my girl says the same thing so +5 hahaha. I'll hear a car a mile away and call out what it is by the sound. (hehe I usually don't say anything unless I'm positive) so she's like oh god everytime
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx

Haha my girl says the same thing so +5 hahaha. I'll hear a car a mile away and call out what it is by the sound. (hehe I usually don't say anything unless I'm positive) so she's like oh god everytime
Nice! She tells me to shut up multiple times per day because of all the stuff I want to get for the car. I was driving a Ranger prior and had 0 aspirations of doing ANY mods whatsoever. I get the constant "I'm so sick of hearing about your f*cking car". But then she will turn around and want to drive it, go figure?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Just tell her it was one last fling before you get married because after that you will not have the money to do it , and also tell her it is better than having a last one night stand.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
Just tell her it was one last fling before you get married because after that you will not have the money to do it , and also tell her it is better than having a last one night stand.
+1, Kev FTW man. THAT is the best reasoning so far.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you kind sir.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
load up that race tune,the throttle response on that one is by far the best. One you go race tune you won't even care to try the others.
I agree on this one. It makes a much bigger difference on my auto soon to be manual!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gtdriver

I agree on this one. It makes a much bigger difference on my auto soon to be manual!!!
Hrm, gonna suck having to buy premium all the time though, isn't it?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #33
Regular
Supporter

What's the update? Did you receive the tuner yet?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly for the couple bucks a tank difference it's worth it to me to run the 93 tune. I don't really look at gas much anymore lol
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #35
Road Trip!

Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern stang
Honestly for the couple bucks a tank difference it's worth it to me to run the 93 tune. I don't really look at gas much anymore lol
Lol I know what you mean... I tried 89 octane.... I felt like I was driving a v6... I felt sooooo slow...
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT