new - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #1

Region: Arizona
new

so i just bought a stock 2007 mustang gt/cs im just wondering what the first few things i should do to it first....i want a deep sounding exhaust but dont know what to go with can someone help me out...and i was guessing a chip and intake please help me!
krojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: new

Yes, a CAI and tuner will really wake-up your ride. As for exhaust changes and sound, I suggest that you check out YouTube. There are a number of different videos with different combinations of cat-back, off-road and catted "X" and "H" pipes, headers, ect. Also, American Muscle has a number of videos comparing a stock 2005-2009 with a number of their exhaust offerings.

And then later, there are the myriad of suspension, wheel/tire, and of course "Bling" mods to help you stimulate the economy.

Congrats on your new ride. Post some pics so we can all watch it as it evolves into YOUR Mustang.
FLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #3

whats a good CAI to use and a what tune should i use aswell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Hopefully you will get more replies on a CAI/tuner. JLT has a good reputation and I think that they just came out with a new version of the system for our S197 Mustangs. As for tuners, AM has some package deals (CAI/tuner combo) with the SCT tuner. This includes lifetime tunes from Bama. You get three tunes a "Street", "Performance" and a "Race" tune. Add or change something on your ride and give them the necessary info and they will e-mail the tunes to you.

If you want to take it to a local tuner and have then dial-in your car then you should check with them before you buy a tuner. Check to see which one they support.
FLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #5

it there a performace diffrence between the steeda CAI and the JLT
Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

There are pretty much two categories of Cold Air Intakes.

1. No Tune Required - these are useless, little to no power gain
2. Tune Required - these are all about the same, ~20rwhp gain with the right tune.

You can't go wrong with any of the "Tune Required" C&L, JLT or Steeda models. Many vendors sell these as a package with a tuner and custom tunes. Check out the following sites for a few examples:
American Muscle
Brenspeed
BlowByRacing
Latemodel Restoration Supply

I could go on and on, the choices are infinite and have been discussed many times over on here and many other Mustang forums.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT