Front splitter??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Front splitter???

I am thinking about getting a splitter for my stang. I know it doesn't do very much for the performance of the car but it is one of those things I always wanted to do with my stang. From what I can tell APR is the only company that makes a splitter for the roush fascia. Has anyone had any experience with installing splitters and if they are "worth" it? Also if I go forward with it should I make the lip fat enough where I need supporting rods?

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Mustang...tter_05_09.htm
caraccioloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Front splitter???

im also getting one as well, my dream body kit is the widebody from APR! haha

You can order a universal splitter, which bolts on to your front fascia, i would recommend letting an experienced shop do it because lining everything up (drilling and all) is very difficult from when ive watched some friends do it (that got messy quick). you could also order lip canards which can be more flexible. and dont forget wind splitters if you really want to go all out.

personally i love the support rods, i was just going to order a universal then forge my own and attach it to it to get a more custom look.

In my area the roads are really bumpy and cracked, where anything lowered or with a body kit gets chipped up and bondo is a common sight. so think of where you live before you go low! Otherwise im in complete love with the look and 100% for it.

Yet i love the one you pulled up! i was going to order the Roush front fascia and that will compliment it perfectly rather than building my own. Go for it but shop around a bit you can find a heck of a lot lower prices around the web.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #3

JetWolf this may be a kind of stupid questio but is there any way to attach the rods without drilling into the front fascia? I just don't like the idea if having two holes in my beautiful roush fascia. But I mean I would be alright with it I guess. Also know this is kinda dumb but the reason I like the splitter is it will save my fascia from bottom outs or whatever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Silicone would work...its strong,water proof,and it wont damage ur paint...a small bead where the plate dents are will work.
OmegaRedGT 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I painted and installed a chin spoiler on my car and I lined it up and drilled the holes by myself. And I'm 18. I'm sure a splitter can't be too much different. As long as you double check that it's centered.
Texasstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if its carbon fiber chances are it will scrape on your car with the already lower roush front~ see how durable it is
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #7

You really think it will scrape. I have about 3 inches of clearance now. I can't imagine it's any thicker then an inco
Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraccioloc View Post
You really think it will scrape. I have about 3 inches of clearance now. I can't imagine it's any thicker then an inco
I have the GT500 splitter on my factory 05 bumper and am lowered 1.5 inches, trust me, you'll scrape every time you go into somewhere where there is an incline into a parking lot........................

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT