Detail Secret - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What a beautiful day today for cleaning the car Shirtsleeves weather and not a cloud in the sky. I have my big crazy cleaning that I do about every 6 weeks that involves the clay bar, multiple coats of wax and the electric buffer.... Also wiping out the engine compartment and cleaning whatever hoses or plastic/rubber /vinyl i can see and reach.

Then I have my regular 5-7 times a week cleaning. I did kind of an extended version of that today since it was so nice out. This was today's routine:
- drive to the gas station and give it a good vacuum, then come home for the rest...
- brush all loose dirt and dust off wheels with wheel brush, brush out pine needles etc from cowl and trunk areas
- treat any road tar, pine tar, bird poops with turtle wax bug and tar remover (no bird poop ever stays on my car for longer than 10 min once I've spotted it)
- quickie wash with whatever car wash I have on hand, rinse, dry with a terry towel and let sit til it's totally dry
- pull out the floor mats ( I have rubber Ford floor mats which I love- they protect the carpet and are incredibly easy to clean and keep looking good) clean and rinse the floor mats, leave them out while I work on the interior
- clean the leather seats and steering wheel with Lexol or Meguiars leather cleaner
- wipe down vinyl parts of seats with Meguiars vinyl wipes
- spray other vinyl areas, dash, interior plastic etc with Lucas interior slick mist
- go over entire interior with clean micro fiber mitt, polish and remove any extra product
- wipe down interior glass, mirrors, gauge faces with invisible glass
- make sure floor mats are dry, wipe with vinyl cleaner and put them back in
- use Back to Black on black plastic around trunk, taillights, door trim, grille, antenna, side view mirrors, work it in, buff it out
- spray and polish exterior with either Meguiars quick detail or Lucas Slick Mist- I can't decide which of these I like better.
- if I want to give it an extra pop, I have this stuff called Ultima Paint Guard plus - it was obscenely expensive and came with a special microfiber application sponge type thingy. I give it a good wipe down with that and it really does make the paint nice and wet/ glossy/deep looking.
-then I Armor all the tires and polish the rims while I'm at it- also catches and wipes off any extra Armor all.After that is TOTALLY dry, I go back over the tires with the turtle wax clear tire gel- wipe that on and let it dry.
- while that's drying, I go back over the car and make sure that I got all the hard to see, dirty little areas like under the fenders, front and back bumpers, under side area, around license plate and around gas cap area, around the medallion on the trunk. General buffing...
- do the exterior glass, head and tail lights and side lights with Invisible Glass to finish up
That's it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3271993557.png
Views:	77
Size:	876.5 KB
ID:	33023   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1950749784.png
Views:	67
Size:	1,022.1 KB
ID:	33024  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4027601113.png
Views:	63
Size:	985.7 KB
ID:	33025   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1443449471.png
Views:	77
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	33026  

Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #72
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Detail Secret

Looks good. Do you use any dressing on the belly,mainly the rear?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Looks good. Do you use any dressing on the belly,mainly the rear?
What's the belly? You mean underneath?
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #74
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAStang05 View Post
What's the belly? You mean underneath?
Yes.....just another slang term for the undercarriage.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes.....just another slang term for the undercarriage.
Lol, never heard that

I don't have a driveway or a garage- nowhere really to get it on ramps, which is what I'd have to do to make a good job of that. I've ended up finding a car wash around here that has an undercarriage wash- I do that about once a month.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #76
Regular
Supporter

I use dressing on the undercarriage in the rear to make it look brand new. Next time you are driving behind a nice clean ride at night and your lights shine on their *** end look how dirty it looks under there then think about your own dirty ***........now go wipe it!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #77
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
I use dressing on the undercarriage in the rear to make it look brand new. Next time you are driving behind a nice clean ride at night and your lights shine on their *** end look how dirty it looks under there then think about your own dirty ***........now go wipe it!
^ LOL! My *** is dirty right now but my garage door cable snapped (grr!) and both hoses are in there.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #78
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
What about removing bugs with dryer sheets?

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What exactly are you using to wipe your ***? Is there a particular product you like?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #80
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAStang05 View Post
What exactly are you using to wipe your ***? Is there a particular product you like?
Charmin with lotion....im sensitive.

I use cheap **** for that any dressing will do because its just a small area and just for touch up to keep it looking black and clean.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAStang05
What a beautiful day today for cleaning the car Shirtsleeves weather and not a cloud in the sky. I have my big crazy cleaning that I do about every 6 weeks that involves the clay bar, multiple coats of wax and the electric buffer.... Also wiping out the engine compartment and cleaning whatever hoses or plastic/rubber /vinyl i can see and reach.

Then I have my regular 5-7 times a week cleaning. I did kind of an extended version of that today since it was so nice out. This was today's routine:
- drive to the gas station and give it a good vacuum, then come home for the rest...
- brush all loose dirt and dust off wheels with wheel brush, brush out pine needles etc from cowl and trunk areas
- treat any road tar, pine tar, bird poops with turtle wax bug and tar remover (no bird poop ever stays on my car for longer than 10 min once I've spotted it)
- quickie wash with whatever car wash I have on hand, rinse, dry with a terry towel and let sit til it's totally dry
- pull out the floor mats ( I have rubber Ford floor mats which I love- they protect the carpet and are incredibly easy to clean and keep looking good) clean and rinse the floor mats, leave them out while I work on the interior
- clean the leather seats and steering wheel with Lexol or Meguiars leather cleaner
- wipe down vinyl parts of seats with Meguiars vinyl wipes
- spray other vinyl areas, dash, interior plastic etc with Lucas interior slick mist
- go over entire interior with clean micro fiber mitt, polish and remove any extra product
- wipe down interior glass, mirrors, gauge faces with invisible glass
- make sure floor mats are dry, wipe with vinyl cleaner and put them back in
- use Back to Black on black plastic around trunk, taillights, door trim, grille, antenna, side view mirrors, work it in, buff it out
- spray and polish exterior with either Meguiars quick detail or Lucas Slick Mist- I can't decide which of these I like better.
- if I want to give it an extra pop, I have this stuff called Ultima Paint Guard plus - it was obscenely expensive and came with a special microfiber application sponge type thingy. I give it a good wipe down with that and it really does make the paint nice and wet/ glossy/deep looking.
-then I Armor all the tires and polish the rims while I'm at it- also catches and wipes off any extra Armor all.After that is TOTALLY dry, I go back over the tires with the turtle wax clear tire gel- wipe that on and let it dry.
- while that's drying, I go back over the car and make sure that I got all the hard to see, dirty little areas like under the fenders, front and back bumpers, under side area, around license plate and around gas cap area, around the medallion on the trunk. General buffing...
- do the exterior glass, head and tail lights and side lights with Invisible Glass to finish up
That's it...
Nice!!
OmegaRedGT 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
What about removing bugs with dryer sheets?
I've heard that but never tried do you use them?
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #83
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88

I've heard that but never tried do you use them?
Orange degreaser Stuff. It will remove wax. So you have to rewax that section. If they're not bad, I just scrub them with car wash soap. If you got love bugs get em off ASAP!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Orange degreaser Stuff. It will remove wax. So you have to rewax that section. If they're not bad, I just scrub them with car wash soap. If you got love bugs get em off ASAP!
Yeh I just get them off when I wash too. Id be cautious with the degreaserr on the painted surfaces though.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #85
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88

Yeh I just get them off when I wash too. Id be cautious with the degreaserr on the painted surfaces though.
I typically dont use it on mine, I'll use it on a customers car that is bad. My car never fills with bugs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT