Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Steeda ultralites

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tigercrazy718 
#1 ·
Im Thinking about getting the steeda ultralites here pretty soon but I have one question....can I run stock struts and shocks for the mean time? I know it will probably be better if I bought new ones but I was just wondering if I could? Also for this drop are camber bolts a must? Or will they be able to align with out them?

#2 ·
You really should consider replacing the springs ,shocks, struts and upper strut mounts all at the same time , simply because of the level of effort and that stocks shocks aren't going to give a the best ride with those springs. You will need at least camber bolts , and the toe in will have to be adjusted.

Don't forget an adjustable pan hard bar to re-center the body over the rear axle, lowering can throw it off by up to a half inch to one side.

#3 ·
GTRob504 said:
You really should consider replacing the springs ,shocks, struts and upper strut mounts all at the same time , simply because of the level of effort and that stocks shocks aren't going to give a the best ride with those springs. You will need at least camber bolts , and the toe in will have to be adjusted.

Don't forget an adjustable pan hard bar to re-center the body over the rear axle, lowering can throw it off by up to a half inch to one side.
Dang I didn't know it would throw it off that much with that small of a drop I figured only after 1.5 -2" drop would do that! Thanks for the insight and I'll definitely consider getting all of it. I'm confused on why the toe would be thrown off I've never had that happen on any of the vehicles I've lowered but I'll definitely make sure the alignment place give me the specs on everything they did and make sure they check that out! Thanks again

#4 ·
it shouldnt throw it off that much. you should be fine with camber bolts for now, but it will cause some excess wear on your tires. the drop on those springs (i have them) arent that low so its really not insane. but i highly suggest you get new shocks and struts ASAP, bc they make you car a whole different beast :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.