Header help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
OutlawGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 54
Header help!

Ok guys/gals iv got a 07 GT outlaw and I am planing to put long tubes on her but I have no idea what brand
suggestions?
Any of them better?
OutlawGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Header help!

you get what you pay for with headers
I just put Kooks on my Mach 1
I'd go Kooks, SLP , or American Racing
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
05bluestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 121
Re: Header help!

I got ceramic coated Pacesetter LT's on mine with off road H pipe, woke the car up quite a bit and they are pretty reasonbly priced.
2005-2010 Mustang GT Pacesetter Long Tube Headers & H Pipe (1-3/4" Primary)
__________________
2005 Mustang GT, Pacesetter LT's with OR H-pipe, "Magna Pack" exhaust, Techco SC @ 9psi making 464whp & 449tq, steeda tri-ax shifter, 3D Carbon Eleanor Grill, Pioneer F90BT, FRPP 3.73 gears.
Get in, sit down, strap in, hold on, shut up!
05bluestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
OutlawGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
you get what you pay for with headers
I just put Kooks on my Mach 1
I'd go Kooks, SLP , or American Racing
I know the kooks are like 1400 for x and headers it has the stock manifolds and FRPP axl backs and it drones so bad it's making things shake and now make little noises in the cabin I want it opened up so that crap stops
OutlawGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawGT View Post
I know the kooks are like 1400 for x and headers it has the stock manifolds and FRPP axl backs and it drones so bad it's making things shake and now make little noises in the cabin I want it opened up so that crap stops
my Mach 1 sounds so sweeeeet now dude ,Totally different than with the manifolds , its a beautiful thing , I LUV IT !!!
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bballing0416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 286
Bbk is the way to go
Bballing0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Header help!

Bbk 's are ok
these are my KOOKS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headers 006.JPG
Views:	1855
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	32987  
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
OutlawGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
Bbk 's are ok
these are my KOOKS
Ok I'm sold on the kooks they just look like a very well made product they look very clean
OutlawGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 181
If I did it over again I would just save and buy the kooks. TBH.
__________________
2005 Redfire GT - Mac LT's/prochamber, Pypes mid muffler, FRPP hotrods, 4.10's, Steeda tri-ax, JLT CAI, Bama tuned, Nitto nt05's 333/327 dynojet A little go go juice too
Southern stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
WaldoGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 36
Re: Header help!

I have Hookers.....They are some great headers....Wouldn't trade anything for my Hookers...Lol

Some pics of them with my exhaust set-up....


WaldoGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Header help!

Had Kooks LTs on the 07......loved em!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gil_T2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 434
Re: Header help!

No doubt Kooks are good, but they are not the same on S197's as on S95's. So i would discount post made by S95 owners. On S197 the Kooks are not full length, they are mid length. Not thats bad, but something to think about. You say you have an Outlaw Mustang, I don't know what that is, never heard of it. But if you mean that you run your car in the Outlaw racing class, then you want full length headers. I would use Hooker, or Mac's. I use BBK and very happy with them.

BTW waldogt07 that's a NICE setup!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
BBK LT's, Catted Xpipe, Sniper tune, UDP's GT500 TB, Ford Racing CAI, CM delete, 4.10, TR6060, 1 piece DS
Gil_T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
WaldoGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 36
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2 View Post
No doubt Kooks are good, but they are not the same on S197's as on S95's. So i would discount post made by S95 owners. On S197 the Kooks are not full length, they are mid length. Not thats bad, but something to think about. You say you have an Outlaw Mustang, I don't know what that is, never heard of it. But if you mean that you run your car in the Outlaw racing class, then you want full length headers. I would use Hooker, or Mac's. I use BBK and very happy with them.

BTW waldogt07 that's a NICE setup!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks man...Wanted to do something different and this is what I decided on....I am installing cutouts on it next week so that should make it sound even better when they are opened up....I am going to mount them right after the headers and then extend the pipe out a little more closer to the side of the car so it will blow more out to the side of the car.....Kind of like side pipes but still underneath the car...I will post up pictures and stuff once they are finished....and of course some videos....
WaldoGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gil_T2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 434
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoGT07 View Post
Thanks man...Wanted to do something different and this is what I decided on....I am installing cutouts on it next week so that should make it sound even better when they are opened up....I am going to mount them right after the headers and then extend the pipe out a little more closer to the side of the car so it will blow more out to the side of the car.....Kind of like side pipes but still underneath the car...I will post up pictures and stuff once they are finished....and of course some videos....
Did you buy the x-pipe or have it made up? Is that 3", i would love to hear it run.
__________________
BBK LT's, Catted Xpipe, Sniper tune, UDP's GT500 TB, Ford Racing CAI, CM delete, 4.10, TR6060, 1 piece DS
Gil_T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
OutlawGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 54
Sitting at red lights would be AMAZING!
My buddy's got a 04 roush that you had to yell to talk at lights
That's an awesome setup
OutlawGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 28
Check out pypes long tubes. They are an exact copy of the kooks and about 1/3 of the price. I have them on my car and they fit perfect. They also allow you to remove the trans without removal of one of the headers unlike the BBKs ect.
FordTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
WaldoGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 36
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2 View Post
Did you buy the x-pipe or have it made up? Is that 3", i would love to hear it run.
It is full 3'' exhaust all the way to the turndowns and yes I bought the X-pipe...it is a Magnaflow Tru-X.......I have a couple of videos of it.....I have the first initial start-up that we did when we just got it done and I have an in car video....

Here they are....These videos are before the car got a little makeover so....just a heads up....




---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawGT View Post
Sitting at red lights would be AMAZING!
My buddy's got a 04 roush that you had to yell to talk at lights
That's an awesome setup
Thanks man....Mine is pretty loud...but I love to hear my exhaust...I don't even use my radio when I am in the car....I listen only to my exhaust and lope....thats it.....
WaldoGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gil_T2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 434
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTech View Post
Check out pypes long tubes. They are an exact copy of the kooks and about 1/3 of the price. I have them on my car and they fit perfect. They also allow you to remove the trans without removal of one of the headers unlike the BBKs ect.
You do not need to remove a BBK header to remove the Trans. I have taken mine out twice. No clearence problems at all. And i switch to a tr6060 still no problems
__________________
BBK LT's, Catted Xpipe, Sniper tune, UDP's GT500 TB, Ford Racing CAI, CM delete, 4.10, TR6060, 1 piece DS
Gil_T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTech View Post
Check out pypes long tubes. They are an exact copy of the kooks and about 1/3 of the price. I have them on my car and they fit perfect. They also allow you to remove the trans without removal of one of the headers unlike the BBKs ect.
well i've heard a lot of bad issues on fitment with pypes on different forums with different Stangs ,so consider your self lucky
or its possible pypes finally got they're issues fixed ?
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

well i've heard a lot of bad issues on fitment with pypes on different forums with different Stangs ,so consider your self lucky
or its possible pypes finally got they're issues fixed ?
Not sure about their previous history but theres nothing but good reviews on the long tubes for the S197.
FordTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #21
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Re: Header help!

Had huge fit problems with Pypes on a SN95 with no help from them. Yes, they are cheap and you get what you pay for, will never go back to them, if you want quality it's going to cost more. If you are planning on keeping the car spend the money once. ARH has excellent fit and are designed properly but will cost more.
scooterrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Think if I ever do exhaust again I'll go with Bassani..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
OutlawGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Think if I ever do exhaust again I'll go with Bassani..
Any advantages for bassani I know the headers look compleatly tuned and x pipe looks very unique
OutlawGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawGT

Any advantages for bassani I know the headers look compleatly tuned and x pipe looks very unique
Years ago when I was more current, it was my understanding like you say they are more finely tuned and work best when you use all of their components headers to tips.
I had a pair of equal length shorties I got in a swap, and there wasn't a bunch of weld all on the flanges. They didn't appear to be hand crafted or anything but smoothing out the welds inside the tubes and on the flanges was short work. I got about $200 for those headers no bolts or gaskets..

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

An old friend had a full system on a 98 cobra w/ HF cats and to this day I've never herd another like it, much less one with cats. It sounded incredible to me..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
OutlawGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoGT07

It is full 3'' exhaust all the way to the turndowns and yes I bought the X-pipe...it is a Magnaflow Tru-X.......I have a couple of videos of it.....I have the first initial start-up that we did when we just got it done and I have an in car video....

Here they are....These videos are before the car got a little makeover so....just a heads up....




---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------



Thanks man....Mine is pretty loud...but I love to hear my exhaust...I don't even use my radio when I am in the car....I listen only to my exhaust and lope....thats it.....
Is that a legal system it looks as if it's behind the rear seats?
OutlawGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
WaldoGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 36
Re: Header help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawGT View Post
Is that a legal system it looks as if it's behind the rear seats?
Legal??....I am sure it is not but the car is a show car and is not driven much at all only to car shows and that's it....never been stopped by any cops or anything either.......They dump right under the driver and passenger seats and center console......Here is another video that I found of the set-up I made a while back...
WaldoGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #27
Registered User
Newbie
 
BlueOval77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 13
Re: Header help!

Long Tube Header Shootout
BlueOval77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
nathannp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
Pypes and kooks are the exact same thing a guy stole kooks product and called it Pypes because kooks wasn't patent. And I know people are going to say aww whatever but I am serious as a hard attack.
nathannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Labrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 207
Re: Header help!

I'm running the Kooks w/catted x-pipe and the Pypes axel-back and I have no drone and with a tune....works great, sounds great.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

« Upgrades | Gears »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sterring shaft hitting header Chris01 1979-1995 Mustang GT 6 09-21-2011 11:01 PM
Header question Brandon91 1979-1995 Mustang GT 45 08-29-2011 03:33 PM
Long tube header install CodyNelson 1996-2004 Mustang GT 12 08-22-2011 06:04 PM
header question workmail21 1979-1995 Mustang GT 12 07-26-2011 02:15 PM
header question workmail21 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 07-19-2011 03:20 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.