Weird brake thing that happened - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Weird brake thing that happened

Yesterday I was giving the Stang its Friday serious wash. I was doing this at one of those wash it yourself places, where you have access to the pressure wash, vacuums, all that stuff- very convenient. So I noticed my wheels were filthy- we've had a couple days of rain. So I sprayed my rims down really well with rim cleaner, pulled it into the bay, and rinsed that off, then hit the tires with a tire wash, rinse etc.... Basically cleaned the hell out of my wheels and then dried the rims and took off.

When I pulled into the garage at work, my brake light came on and I got a message that my brake fluid was low and to check traction control. I was like....WTF ...? Checked the brake fluid and all the others while I was at it, and everything was spot on. When I drove home that message was still on. I let it sit for awhile then came back out to drive down the street and everything has been fine since then. No lights, no warnings or scary messages.

Could this have been related to overzealous wheel-washing?
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT