When I put gas pedal, wind noise!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
When I put gas pedal, wind noise!!

Literally, When I put gas, wind noise came, it's not serious, but I have very sensitive ears haha..

Is it transmission problem? or other?

When I have flowmaster exhaust, i could not hear this noise, but after i return to stock, i got this bad noise...

any idea?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

oh, my baby is 2005 gt 65000miles.. with auto
Thank you!
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
Maybe you are just hearing your intake now that your exhaust isn't as loud.
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Re: When I put gas pedal, wind noise!!

Is it?? but i don't have any CAI kit...
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
tighten up your claps again to make sure they are not loose high rpms could cause a noise with loose claps or hangers
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Re: When I put gas pedal, wind noise!!

what is clap? hanger?
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
I meant clamp, it's late, but the exhaust clamps and hangers where you changed them out could be loose making a noise
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Re: When I put gas pedal, wind noise!!

I already checked that. it has no problem
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
If I'm not mistaken, the '05 uses a belt driven cooling fan. Check to be sure. If it does, you may have a bad fan clutch. Pop the hood and give it a spin if there is no resistance and it spins effortlessly, it's bad. Also, with someone else on the gas, rev it up and listen to your fan. It's right behind the radiatior. DO NOT STICK YOUR HAND UNDER THE FAN SHROUD! Unless you don't like your fingers. Lol, I'm willing to bet its the fan clutch. If that's the problem. They go for about $100 new on eBay. It's pretty simple to install. Good luck!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
If I'm not mistaken, the '05 uses a belt driven cooling fan. Check to be sure. If it does, you may have a bad fan clutch. Pop the hood and give it a spin if there is no resistance and it spins effortlessly, it's bad. Also, with someone else on the gas, rev it up and listen to your fan. It's right behind the radiatior. DO NOT STICK YOUR HAND UNDER THE FAN SHROUD! Unless you don't like your fingers. Lol, I'm willing to bet its the fan clutch. If that's the problem. They go for about $100 new on eBay. It's pretty simple to install. Good luck!
I thought all modern cars had electric fans!!....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I thought all modern cars had electric fans!!....
I thought so too but I searched for a fan clutch for his model year and they list one. They don't have one for the '06 so I'm assuming '05 was the last year a serpentine driven fan was on the mustang.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Hmm.. Interesting.. Thanks for ideas!
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpark527
Hmm.. Interesting.. Thanks for ideas!
Can you settle a little bit of curiosity?... Check and see if your fan is belt driven!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Can you settle a little bit of curiosity?... Check and see if your fan is belt driven!...
You know what, if your mustang has an Electric fan, I'm willing to assume that his is also electric.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Re: When I put gas pedal, wind noise!!

Ill !! thank you!
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I thought so too but I searched for a fan clutch for his model year and they list one. They don't have one for the '06 so I'm assuming '05 was the last year a serpentine driven fan was on the mustang.


---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

You know what, if your mustang has an Electric fan, I'm willing to assume that his is also electric.
Hey I was just asking a simple question!!!
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------



Hey I was just asking a simple question!!!
Oh, hey man. I wasn't trying to snap at you or anything. I just reread what I typed and I can see how that could come off as rude but that wasn't my intention. I was looking it up and I can see electric fans and belt driven for the '05. I was honestly trying the process of elimination. Lol, sorry Eturner. I guess I gotta proof read a little better.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Oh, hey man. I wasn't trying to snap at you or anything. I just reread what I typed and I can see how that could come off as rude but that wasn't my intention. I was looking it up and I can see electric fans and belt driven for the '05. I was honestly trying the process of elimination. Lol, sorry Eturner. I guess I gotta proof read a little better.
No problem!.. I'm operating off of 24hrs and only 3 of them involved sleep!.. Hahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

No problem!.. I'm operating off of 24hrs and only 3 of them involved sleep!.. Hahahaha
DAYUM! I know what that's like. I'm Mom & Dad to my kids plus I've been working everyday to make extra money for Christmas. You gotta get more rest! So seriously, does your mustang have an electric fan? I honestly don't know. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Badinuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 132
Re: When I put gas pedal, wind noise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpark527 View Post
Literally, When I put gas, wind noise came, it's not serious, but I have very sensitive ears haha..

Is it transmission problem? or other?

When I have flowmaster exhaust, i could not hear this noise, but after i return to stock, i got this bad noise...

any idea?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

oh, my baby is 2005 gt 65000miles.. with auto
Thank you!
Last week you had a vibration in the back and now you have a noise in the front? Wait, where exactly is this wind noise, front?, middle?, back? I noticed you didn't specify. Your car sure is noisy, was it ever involved in a traffic accident?
__________________
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

DAYUM! I know what that's like. I'm Mom & Dad to my kids plus I've been working everyday to make extra money for Christmas. You gotta get more rest! So seriously, does your mustang have an electric fan? I honestly don't know. Lol
Ya doin the family man thing is whats going to kill us in the end!.. Hahahaha. But our kids need us to do it!.. So I know what you mean about trying to make some extra Christmas cash!.. Hahaha. I did just now get a couple more hours of sleep but unfortunately I've got to be up and at it again!...

And yes my mustang does have an electric fan thank god!.. Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
It was not involved in accident... But the problem is that ihave very sensitive ears... Lol..
The wind noise was from transmission. ..
I think mine has never been replaced mission fluid...
I have to replace that within few weeks. .haha
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpark527
It was not involved in accident... But the problem is that ihave very sensitive ears... Lol..
The wind noise was from transmission. ..
I think mine has never been replaced mission fluid...
I have to replace that within few weeks. .haha
Use full synthetics if you got the cash for it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Yes i will.. Do you know how much to flushing oil?? I mean mission and engine
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Depends if you do it yourself or take it in to do it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
I want to take mechnic and let them do... Because i want to flush it with machine hah
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Well different shops charge different prices!.. Call around to all your local shops and see!.. I do all my own work when it comes to oil changes and tune up and all!.. I know full synthetics for oil and tranny fluid is about $8.00 a quart!.. You got about 6 quarts of oil and 8 for your tranny!.. Some shops will also let you bring in your own stuff!.. That way you can still save some cash in the end!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Oh thank you!! I want to do that myself.. But i need to hurry haha..
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
Now that u solved it I can come in with a smart *** comment. Are your windows down? Lol
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
jmpark527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 45
Ohhh thats fun hah
jmpark527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nasty noise under the hood please help! S197STANG 2005-2010 Mustang GT 18 11-05-2011 11:14 PM
gas stations riping you off! robertoortiz85 General Car Discussion 2 10-20-2011 01:50 PM
Gas pedal assembly Cahuna General Mustang Discussion 0 08-31-2011 06:45 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:46 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.