Make Ford recall these problems!!! ...800-392-3673 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2009 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Blog Manager
Blogger
Staff

Lalayla is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
what issues are you having?

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Regular

Brent is unknown around these parts
Re: Make Ford recall these problems!!! ...800-392-3673

Yes, what issue(s) are you having or are others having with the 2005-2009 models?

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

bryanbrock is unknown around these parts

the 05 is an electrical nightmare.... alternators going south with low milage, Batteries exploding, door locks, dash clusters failing at will, gas tanks not filling back up properly, window acuation problems as well, shaker systems have also been known to fry.... sure im leaving a few out but its not just me in this boat
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Blackcat is unknown around these parts
Yea after I bought my 06 gt the alternator went out not even a month of having it then the transmission failed on me had to have that replaced to I had nothing but problems with it so I traded it for my 2010 now
Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

06greystang is unknown around these parts
I know mine and alot of people are having problems with syncronizers too
Old 12-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06greystang View Post
I know mine and alot of people are having problems with syncronizers too
I have to say, my manual trans has always been unusually noisy from day one and with only 50k on it. I know its the "NEW" Tremic 3650 model so I have kinda just shrugged it off thinking its the nature of the beast but who knows. All I do know it this is my 5th mustang and none of them did I ever think the trans was ever noisy toll this. tell layla to roll down hear to cocoa beach, I'll even let her drive it too so no one thinks im crazy lol
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

06greystang is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrock
I have to say, my manual trans has always been unusually noisy from day one and with only 50k on it. I know its the "NEW" Tremic 3650 model so I have kinda just shrugged it off thinking its the nature of the beast but who knows. All I do know it this is my 5th mustang and none of them did I ever think the trans was ever noisy toll this. tell layla to roll down hear to cocoa beach, I'll even let her drive it too so no one thinks im crazy lol
I hear ya, mine is noisy off and on, but i know mine hates trying to shift at high rpms
Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #8

Bobby is unknown around these parts

My wife has an 05 V6 and I drive an 09 GT. Her cluster gauge started going bad. At first it was the temp gauge. I never saw a temp gauge go in a total 360 circle until I saw hers. Ford replaced it for $800 since it was out of warrenty. You tube has some videos on pulling the whole unit and changing the motors out or you can pull it out yourself and send it off for repair for about $200. That includes changing out all the motors (Ford said they would all go eventually). I have read about it on this forum and others. Alot of folks want Ford to man up and recall but I doubt that will happen. It's one of those 1st new year problems.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
My wife has an 05 V6 and I drive an 09 GT. Her cluster gauge started going bad. At first it was the temp gauge. I never saw a temp gauge go in a total 360 circle until I saw hers. Ford replaced it for $800 since it was out of warrenty. You tube has some videos on pulling the whole unit and changing the motors out or you can pull it out yourself and send it off for repair for about $200. That includes changing out all the motors (Ford said they would all go eventually). I have read about it on this forum and others. Alot of folks want Ford to man up and recall but I doubt that will happen. It's one of those 1st new year problems.
ok mr Bobby, WHO? does the refurb on an 05+ cluster for 200 dollars. We would all LOVE to know as many of us have been looking together to find someone who will.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Beav is unknown around these parts

I have owned two 2005 GT Manual mustangs and one 2007 Roush(gt) Mustang manual, and I had some odd problems on the one 05 with the windows but never had any dash issues or other electrical issues, or transmission issues with any of them. The clutch was extraordinarily stiff in the same 05, I traded it for the Roush. The GT's and the Roush have a combined mileage of about 130,000 miles. I've replaced the battery twice in the one 05, and once in the 07...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

JimC is unknown around these parts

I keep hearing all of the problems with the alternator, but mine went for 189,872 miles before it went out on me. I really haven't had many problems at all with my car - at least not with the stuff that Ford did, the aftermarket stuff that I did I've had a couple of issues, but again nothing major.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #12

Bobby is unknown around these parts

OK Mr. bryanbrock, I thought my post would encourage a little research but it only encouraged doubt and sarcasm. I researched other forums and found several threads regarding the 2005 cluster problem. There's a similar thread, even on this forum, which addressed the same problem last month that even you, bryanbrock, chimed in about.
For those of you who have a cluster problem with your 2005 mustang or most GM products and don't want to fork over $800 to Ford, there are alternatives. Again, I can't speak for their honesty or integrity but one is
Mr Speedometer Inc
505 53 Avenue Southeast, Calgary, AB T2H 1K5, Canada
+1 403-258-2909 ‎
Their latest statement on their site was the following:
New! 2005 Mustang - Symptoms: Speedometer and other gauges not working. Repair Cost $169:
Also available on You Tube, if you are handy with a soldering gun, there's a do it yourself video. Good luck...I wish I had researched this before I paid Ford $800 to do the work. Do you need anything else Bryanbrock?
Thanks, Bobby
Old 12-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
OK Mr. bryanbrock, I thought my post would encourage a little research but it only encouraged doubt and sarcasm. I researched other forums and found several threads regarding the 2005 cluster problem. There's a similar thread, even on this forum, which addressed the same problem last month that even you, bryanbrock, chimed in about.
For those of you who have a cluster problem with your 2005 mustang or most GM products and don't want to fork over $800 to Ford, there are alternatives. Again, I can't speak for their honesty or integrity but one is
Mr Speedometer Inc
505 53 Avenue Southeast, Calgary, AB T2H 1K5, Canada
+1 403-258-2909 ‎
Their latest statement on their site was the following:
New! 2005 Mustang - Symptoms: Speedometer and other gauges not working. Repair Cost $169:
Also available on You Tube, if you are handy with a soldering gun, there's a do it yourself video. Good luck...I wish I had researched this before I paid Ford $800 to do the work. Do you need anything else Bryanbrock?
Thanks, Bobby
No Bobby thats just fine, I will save the info and forward it to those who are dealing with this issue as is comes up again in the future. admittedly I did have little faith in your prior post, thank you for proving other wise
Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Jayjay is unknown around these parts
I just got my car about a month ago from the dealer 06 GT mustang with 58,000 miles... I have a hard time fueling gas at the pump. First 3-4 gallons go in with no issues. After that the pump kicks back every sec . I tried pumping in an angle, try to control the flow of the gas by pulling in the trigger just a little but nothing works.
Took it back to the dealer and said that the 05 had a recall but the 06 models and up didn't. It's a normal thing... It's this true or they just gave me the run around... What to do...
Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

99ford is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
I just got my car about a month ago from the dealer 06 GT mustang with 58,000 miles... I have a hard time fueling gas at the pump. First 3-4 gallons go in with no issues. After that the pump kicks back every sec . I tried pumping in an angle, try to control the flow of the gas by pulling in the trigger just a little but nothing works.
Took it back to the dealer and said that the 05 had a recall but the 06 models and up didn't. It's a normal thing... It's this true or they just gave me the run around... What to do...
I have that problem as well they should've recalled 05-09 Cars. It's really just annoying. Usually what I do is get as far as I can and then stop filling.

My issue is the Throttle Position Sensor going south.

Ford has a TSB but they will not honor it under their very own Ford ESP according to my dealer. My Service Advisor said, "well there is a TSB, but Ford wont cover it under their warranty until we flash the computer and you are liable for covering that cost." That was $270. So now I have to go buy the part install it and pay at-least another $100 to my Ford dealer to flash the computer again.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Jayjay is unknown around these parts
Thanks for the info...
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #17

RHINOE_05GT is unknown around these parts

I had to replace my alternator around 40-50k, at least one battery, and a belt. Had problems w/the gas tank not filling up, something with the sensor thinkin it was full or something. Those were the only problems I've experienced, and got it in while it was under warranty for the gas tank issue. Never had electrical/transmission/noise issues whatsoever. 2005 GT I bought new in 05, around 79k miles so far!

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

yea, I was told the whole gas tank was replaced, pretty sure they said it was a sensor issue thinking the tank was full? but that was 3-4 years ago so not totally sure. Just seemed for me it picked its times when it did/didn't do it. Of course it would do it when I was late and needed gas! def was annoying, but after getting it fixed I haven't had the issue. it was covered under my 35,000 warranty.
2005 GT, Blacked Out, BLK Cobra R Wheels, Nexen 275/40/17, GT500 Carbon Fiber Hood, BLK Hood Pins, Billet Grill, Halo Head/Fog Lights, Billet Gas Cover, Steeda Carbon Fiber CAI, SCT/SF3 Tuner, MAC Axle Back Exhaust
RHINOE_05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

JTeel1781 is unknown around these parts

The problem I am having with my 06 GT is when I turn off the car my dash and interior lights will cycle on and off. When I open the door they will quit. Anyone know anything about this? Also my trans does seem to be noisy at times.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #19

LunaticGT is unknown around these parts
My Experience...

I have an 07 GT and a while after I got it I started noticing steamed up windows whenever it was warmer inside the car than outside. Turns out the thing had a half inch of standing water in the floorboards that was not noticable until I pulled up the carpet to access the fuse box behind the kick panel one day.

Found out it was a known problem with TSBs on it for all years 05 - 09. The problem can cause all sorts of electrical issues with almost every electrical system in the car because water can get into and corrode the fuse panel.

Took it to ford dealer for warranty repair who first said they found no sign of water (1/2 inch of standing water - very noticable). When I showed them the TSB they said a TSB was a "suggested service procedure" and does not mean its a problem with my car. Then when I pulled up the carpet and showed them the water, they stated "we don't get reinbursed enough by ford to do hard to diagnose repairs like this".

Well I insisted and they did some caulking at various places but did not even dry out the carpet and padding, much less replace it. No paperwork was ever issued on my "repair". The dealer said it would be mailed from ford and when I contacted ford they had no record of it.

Of course this is just one of many issues with the 05 to 09 Mustang that has had TSBs issued on it. In order for a recall to be issued for a problem they must have a very large number of documented cases of a problem and they must pose a safety threat.

Many problems are "cured" by aftermarket parts that a lot of people install, many problems are intermittant and are ignored or the problems never get noticed because of infrequent usage.

My guess is most people just put up with "their" problems until they eventually decide to unload their Mustang onto someone else who has no idea of the issues they are buying into - that is the nature of this type of car. I would not expect any recalls.

One last note: a new 6 gauge cluster for 05 - 09 installed by a dealer should be around $500 parts and labor.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

07regency is unknown around these parts
I have water that come down from under my glove box an soaks my floor. Took it to ford and the said i had a leak from my glasstop and water gets in. It hadn't rained for months b4i took it to them. They "tryed" charge me $1000 for "diagnostics" they didn't do on it. But the TBS never got wet but what is the reason it just leaking water outta nowhere?

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

TSB*
Old 03-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #21

Lrvaught is unknown around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I have that problem as well they should've recalled 05-09 Cars. It's really just annoying. Usually what I do is get as far as I can and then stop filling.

My issue is the Throttle Position Sensor going south.

Ford has a TSB but they will not honor it under their very own Ford ESP according to my dealer. My Service Advisor said, "well there is a TSB, but Ford wont cover it under their warranty until we flash the computer and you are liable for covering that cost." That was $270. So now I have to go buy the part install it and pay at-least another $100 to my Ford dealer to flash the computer again.
I had my tps go out,ford has an up dated tps. I installed it no problem, no computer reflash. Just clear the code.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #22

mfournier is unknown around these parts

I have a 09 GT under 20K on it but I am curious about the Trans issues as I have not had any problems with my car at all except I never liked the way it shifts I have planed from day one to replace the shifter with a Short Shifter (Steeda Tri-Ax) but that only solves the shifter not the synchronizers so any details on that issue would be nice.
not having any synchro problems myself hard to type with your fingers crossed

I spend enough on this car replacing parts that are not broken with aftermarket parts as it is would hate to have to start spending on actual problems?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Dubya11 is unknown around these parts

One problem i have had fixed twice, one on warranty and the other out of pocket, is their door handles. My door handle experience is after awhile they seem to not retract completely..has anybody else ever seen this same issue?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #24

Nick Hex is unknown around these parts
I've had some issues with my door handles sticking out as well. Also just spent $300+ fixing the TPS issue, I'm too busy so I had Firestone diagnose and said they had to replace the TPS AND my throttle body....... Bummer. The TPS issues started around 40k miles and I drove through it for 20k miles. It only messed up once a month and for that 20k miles, I'd refer to it as Melony's Period, lol (Melony is my stang's name) other than that I only have the Gas Tank issue, but I've found a few specific pumps that don't puck with it so I'll stray from replacing it, for now atleast
Old 08-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Graham1992 is unknown around these parts
I have an 06' and I have replaced the alternator 3 times, and the battery twice.... ALL in 2500 miles since I've had it!! What to do about ford..
Old 08-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

TrentonPhoenix is unknown around these parts

In my recent passionate quest to find a suiting S192, I looked very seriously at an 06 GT manual with 56k miles on it. I will save you the burden of how the dealership was crap, but basically, the car went to the Ford dealer because the check engine light came on. turns out its the "typical" wiring harness for the airbag sensing unit, so that triggered the event. I can say Ford said it was a one day repair, it was a at least THREE (and still ongoing) before I told them to suck something and I bought my new baby, my 05 GT manual. The fellow I bought it from (small euro/high end dealer) said he paid a tech to rebuilt the entire instrument panel a week before I took it off his hands, as it was going haywire as well (the 05 has 38k miles), and he chuckled and said mustangs are notorious for bad gauge clusters.

Its only been a few days, so I cant say I have had enough time to experience any new problems, but from my overall surmise of the entire situation, these mostly seem like minor, and frankly annoying irritations - I am dead strong behind this 4.6.

The comments about the 5 speed making noise worries me, as I am not a normal manual driver, and sure as hell never in a high end muscle car. I do not detect any problems myself, and my car passed the 65 point inspection by 5 of my mechs here at work (I work at a GM dealer), of which two were ASE master certified techs, and one rebuilds stangs as a pretty serious hobby.

So, I think all is well. Hopefully that bit of collective information is useful for you kind fellows.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I have had that issue on three used Mustangs I was selling. I came to the conclusion the real gold of our Mustangs is the engine and transmission, and not much else. So I took solace in knowing I was paying for a damn good set of mechanic masterpieces, and the rest of the functional non propulsion-centric properties will for ever be sub par.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonPhoenix
In my recent passionate quest to find a suiting S192, I looked very seriously at an 06 GT manual with 56k miles on it. I will save you the burden of how the dealership was crap, but basically, the car went to the Ford dealer because the check engine light came on. turns out its the "typical" wiring harness for the airbag sensing unit, so that triggered the event. I can say Ford said it was a one day repair, it was a at least THREE (and still ongoing) before I told them to suck something and I bought my new baby, my 05 GT manual. The fellow I bought it from (small euro/high end dealer) said he paid a tech to rebuilt the entire instrument panel a week before I took it off his hands, as it was going haywire as well (the 05 has 38k miles), and he chuckled and said mustangs are notorious for bad gauge clusters.

Its only been a few days, so I cant say I have had enough time to experience any new problems, but from my overall surmise of the entire situation, these mostly seem like minor, and frankly annoying irritations - I am dead strong behind this 4.6.

The comments about the 5 speed making noise worries me, as I am not a normal manual driver, and sure as hell never in a high end muscle car. I do not detect any problems myself, and my car passed the 65 point inspection by 5 of my mechs here at work (I work at a GM dealer), of which two were ASE master certified techs, and one rebuilds stangs as a pretty serious hobby.

So, I think all is well. Hopefully that bit of collective information is useful for you kind fellows.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I have had that issue on three used Mustangs I was selling. I came to the conclusion the real gold of our Mustangs is the engine and transmission, and not much else. So I took solace in knowing I was paying for a damn good set of mechanic masterpieces, and the rest of the functional non propulsion-centric properties will for ever be sub par.
I think it's slowly getting better. American cars especially GM and Ford have come along way in improving those features. Back in the late 90's & early 00's remember how many brands, GM and Ford had? Quality control was almost non existent.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

tc x 4 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I think it's slowly getting better. American cars especially GM and Ford have come along way in improving those features. Back in the late 90's & early 00's remember how many brands, GM and Ford had? Quality control was almost non existent.
I have to disagree about Fords QC being bad. I've had a lot of Ford trucks parked in the driveway over the last 30+ yrs, not issue one. The two sitting ther now have 275, and 324,000,mi on them. I put a transmission in the 150 at 275k. That's a pretty dam good track record if you ask me.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #29
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I have to disagree about Fords QC being bad. I've had a lot of Ford trucks parked in the driveway over the last 30+ yrs, not issue one. The two sitting ther now have 275, and 324,000,mi on them. I put a transmission in the 150 at 275k. That's a pretty dam good track record if you ask me.
Now, I agree Fords QC has been much better than average among the American auto manufactures, but when you get down to it Honda and Toyota, have had much better records over the same years.

Ford even knew this, and made swift changes. They started by selling off Hertz, Jaguar and Land Rover, then Volvo.

Trust me, I'm brand loyal since a good part of my future depends on Ford being a successful company!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

tc x 4 is unknown around these parts
I wouldn't buy a rice burner if they gave me a life time warranty. Ppl that do are selling thier and thier children's future to save a few bucks, I don't understand it. When ppl are broke and outta work, they can always eat that rice.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4
I wouldn't buy a rice burner if they gave me a life time warranty. Ppl that do are selling thier and thier children's future to save a few bucks, I don't understand it. When ppl are broke and outta work, they can always eat that rice.
If you were going to buy a new car today, I would say you are wasting money by not buying a Ford. They cost less than Toyota and Honda and are just as reliable.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

TrentonPhoenix is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Now, I agree Fords QC has been much better than average among the American auto manufactures, but when you get down to it Honda and Toyota, have had much better records over the same years.

Ford even knew this, and made swift changes. They started by selling off Hertz, Jaguar and Land Rover, then Volvo.

Trust me, I'm brand loyal since a good part of my future depends on Ford being a successful company!
Yeah i am not too fond of to many American made cars. Trucks yes.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

MDoane44 is unknown around these parts
I have only had a collapsed lifter. Changed it when I did the FRPP Cams. Now i have a weird sound like rocks clanging at idol. its not loud. a mechanic told me it was the intake manifold flaps so i installed a FRPP intake manifold which deletes them. Sound is still there so idk what it is...
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #34

05hotrodrob is unknown around these parts
I just had my speedo replaced on my 05 at 80,000 miles for just under 800 bucks. I mis the old fashioned cable/ cruise servo/ Manuel speedos of the past
Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #35

stangless74 is unknown around these parts
I was actually considering purchasing a used 07- just came across one yesterday.... this doesn't help my decision any I guess. Interesting posts-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2009 Mustang GT