Granatelli CAI a good buy? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
Granatelli CAI a good buy?

I'm new to this forum and a proud new owner of an 08 Mustang GT! I recently bought the SLP loudmouth axel back exhaust and some Eibach Sportline Springs. I'm now looking into CAIs, the Granatelli to be exact. I know it comes with the mass air sensor and says it adds 25 horses but I'm wondering is this is a good buy or not? Thanks!
Pola25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pola25
I'm new to this forum and a proud new owner of an 08 Mustang GT! I recently bought the SLP loudmouth axel back exhaust and some Eibach Sportline Springs. I'm now looking into CAIs, the Granatelli to be exact. I know it comes with the mass air sensor and says it adds 25 horses but I'm wondering is this is a good buy or not? Thanks!
Congrats im new as well and ive had my 06 for a little over a year now, ive never heard of granatelli, but if u havent checked out americanmuscle.com i would look at their selection they have always been good to me and i would suggest a tuner as well
06greystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06greystang

Congrats im new as well and ive had my 06 for a little over a year now, ive never heard of granatelli, but if u havent checked out americanmuscle.com i would look at their selection they have always been good to me and i would suggest a tuner as well
The granatelli is on Jegs website and a buddy of mine recommended it so I thought id get some input on the product before I purchased it. But thanks, I will definitely check it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The granatelli is on Jegs website and a buddy of mine recommended it so I thought id get some input on the product before I purchased it. But thanks, I will definitely check it out
Yeah their cai and tuner combos are a good deal, even though i didnt think of it when i got my k&n intake
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06greystang

Yeah their cai and tuner combos are a good deal, even though i didnt think of it when i got my k&n intake
Yeah I was looking at those, and that really sucks :/ I appreciate the reference though! Im looking into the BBK cai, wish they had a tuner combo w that cai.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I was looking at those, and that really sucks :/ I appreciate the reference though! Im looking into the BBK cai, wish they had a tuner combo w that cai.
BBK is a good cai, but ive heard that the intakes that require a tune put out more power than the ones that dont, even if u do tune them
Old 12-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I think I've tried all the CAIs the best bang for ur buck in my opinion is JLT, I use it on all my GT 500s and 03-04 cobras, its priced reasonable and show very nice horsepower and torque numbers on the dyno, plus they are coming out with the next gen CAIs in a week or so and they make even more power, you can watch them dyno the RAI and the CAI on YouTube, and welcome to the site!!!
Dancobra75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
JLT makes the best CAI hands down. And they are a small company, run by a real stand up guy.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancobra75
I think I've tried all the CAIs the best bang for ur buck in my opinion is JLT, I use it on all my GT 500s and 03-04 cobras, its priced reasonable and show very nice horsepower and torque numbers on the dyno, plus they are coming out with the next gen CAIs in a week or so and they make even more power, you can watch them dyno the RAI and the CAI on YouTube, and welcome to the site!!!
Thanks for the info! Definitely going to look into them now! Im new to having a car w potential lol so im trying to get the best bang for my buck

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAStang05
JLT makes the best CAI hands down. And they are a small company, run by a real stand up guy.
Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
cai