Cant decide how to finish my front - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Cant decide how to finish my front

Here's a couple pics of my front. I did not like that the stripe kit I got earlier this year did not go all the way down over the bumper... And now I've got a chin spoiler on the way..
So I think I have 2 choices and can't make up my mind:
1. Take the stripes down over the bumper, and put the chin spoiler on black.
2. Takes the stripes down over the bumper, paint the chin spoiler Legend Lime and stripe that too.

I can't decide which would look better. What to do....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4067193117.png
Views:	165
Size:	794.1 KB
ID:	36630   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3214819904.png
Views:	132
Size:	966.7 KB
ID:	36633  

Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
IMHO a rally stripe should go al the way down, so I think option 2 would look best
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My cars stripes stop on the hood and I plan in doing a chin spoiler soon as well...I don't know if you would like that look but it's an option to not have them on the number at all...but either way would look good honestly
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #4

Region: New York
I would paint the stripes on and wrap the whole car
Korpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpo
I would paint the stripes on and wrap the whole car
Your current look is what I'm leaning towards- your stripes go all the way down and your chin spoiler is black...
And I'm leaning that way because getting the spoiler painted is expensive and a PITA... I can't believe how people are wanting over $100 to spray down this one skinny little part....
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
Old 12-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, the shop that I got to do my last vinyl stripe work wants $150 JUST to do tape stripes on the bumper-that's just the front bumper, down to the lower grille, and then that teeny little area under that. Doesn't that seem high? He says the bumper is one of the trickiest most difficult areas to stripe...
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Maybe you can have them add a rocker stripe too at the same time for a few more bucks. Usually its the small jobs that most shops seem to charge high becuase they want a minimum price to meet.
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

That's a good idea but I already have rockers... anyway, I'm just having a hard time getting down with $150 for someone to stick 14-16 inches of straight cut vinyl on my bumper.... Wonder if I could pull it off myself?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm am going stripeless, but the mustang stripes should always wrap the car totally. Looks complete.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111230_095514.png
Views:	158
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	36916
spookshow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT