Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New pedals

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RVAStang05 
#1 ·
Installed these yesterday- they are from AM... decent quality, looks nice, but holy smokes... Thought I was gonna kill myself getting the dead pedal and brake on, and the 3m tape they send you to put the gas pedal on is laughable... It's a good thing I had a bottle of gorilla glue and some clamps on hand.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
brockmd said:
How long it take you to install them?
Nice look!
Thanks- ok, um ... Brake pedal: 1 minute to remove old one, 15-20 minutes with periods of rest in between all the pulling, tugging and cursing; Gas pedal: 15 seconds to figure out the tape they sent would never work. Then about 10 minutes of smearing Gorilla Glue and Liquid Nails on the pedal and clamping it- about 4 hours of drying time, then I taped it with masking tape to further set up, so I could drive.... The Dead Pedal was about 15-20 min of rolling around half in the street, and is ongoing as far as final install- I sort of wedged it in there- I realize when I checked AMs site that they neglected to include a bolt. I'm going to end up taking it in somewhere to get done "properly."

Sorry, probably more than you wanted to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.