Another cai and tune ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Another cai and tune ?

Getting ready to order my cai and tune here in the next week or so, will the tune provided in that deal be spot on with the cold air intake? Im not really interested in taking this car to a dyno and spending big bucks tuning it just cause of a cai unless It needs it. Thanks fellers
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I used to think when long time members told the new guys to search for their answers was dumb... Just answer the person , not that big of a deal! But now I understand.... There has been too many tuner questions lately! First SEARCH, or scroll down! Secondly call the damn company you are getting it from... 9 x out of 10 they know a whole lot more than 98% of us on here.... (they should... They do it for a living)

To answer ur question... Yes it will come in w standard tunes... But they suck and why pay $300+ for suck @ss tunes when u can call b4 hand and have them email u a custom race tune????

Sorry for being a prick... Went to bed at 7 am and got up 3 hours later
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Whoa dude I didn't ask one single question about how much a tuner cost or what a tuner does or anything for that matter!!!! I'm asking for the guys who bought a cai with a tuner if the pre set tune was sufficient and dead on with their cai, I've used sct in the past with four valves but it was set up through steen racing in Virginia. Take a nap or eat a snicker lmao
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed... Lol, my apologies... I suck at life
Old 01-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
Agreed... Lol, my apologies... I suck at life
Hey I got ya beat lol, nah but I read that 99% of all these guys on here that have cai's with a tune and they got a lot more hp yada yada yada and saw that one guy had to retune his car cause his mail order tune was to far off due to the elevation of his hometown. I live a hundred miles from a dyno shop and and was kinda curious. My hicked out education might cause me to tune it and get a 10 or 15-1 air to fuel ratio if ya get what I'm saying
Old 01-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No body is worst at working on cars than me... I cut my finger washing it two days ago... How is that possible!!! And I was not cleaning the wheels at that point... Yea Im not worrying about a dyno tune until I have everything done why waste $600
Old 01-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
No body is worst at working on cars than me... I cut my finger washing it two days ago... How is that possible!!! And I was not cleaning the wheels at that point... Yea Im not worrying about a dyno tune until I have everything done why waste $600
^ ditto, I've got a h,c,I coupe with a kit on it. Trying to limit my dd to a cai, tune,+axle back. I'm just one of those guys that only wanna tune it once, if I needed to retune it then I might as well go out on it ya know
Old 01-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The custom tunes from am are great for that sort of thing... Just do that.. It's free quick and easy... I can even do it..
Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Another cai and tune ?

I have purchased CAI's from several companies. The canned tune that came with the C&L worked, but it was really conservative.
If you order the kit from someone like Brenspeed or VMP Tuning, the tune will be pretty darned close to perfect. I ordered a kit from Justin Starkey at VMP, and he asked a ton of questions about the other mods on the car. He wrote 3 tunes based on the information I gave him. After I installed them, I had an opportunity to put the car on the dyno at Marcy Motorsports. Walter Marcy confirmed the tunes were right on.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Every tune I've ever ordered from Bama has been spot on. Even the tunes before they merged with AM. If you order from AM and the tune isn't spot on they have amazing customer service and can get you fixed up in no time with no worries. What car are you putting it on?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

IMO, when choosing a CAI, it's important to think about what you are willing to do to your car, as far as other mods.

If you are really sure that you just want to add a CAI, a set of axlebacks and a tune, maybe you should discard the more extreme CAI, those with large mass air housing.

On the other hand, if you're a little like me who sometime say "Just gotta add this and that's it!", but the next month "Maybe if I just add this too...", it could be nice to consider those bigger mass air housing CAI, just in case

Hope it helps...
08 Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
cai