62mm bore throttle bodies on naturally aspirated 05-09 mustangs - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The ford racing 62mm is good for NA and I have heard bad with the BBK TB, if you have forced induction then I have heard the L&M is best to get and the L&M is for highly modified cars and they say that in the review of it so if you want a good gain for NA that won't give you problems just get the ford racing one, just my opinion though

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I agree with 08 bullet and CZYFAST. I think the BBK's are hit and miss..... I've heard some say good and some bad... Probably 50/50 which is horrible for a reputable company! Guess they need better QA on their pieces. I've heard good things about L&M, the GT500 TB, and having the FRPP one I can vouch for that one. That would be a good comparison.... Put those three against one another and see what gains can be had.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: 62mm bore throttle bodies on naturally aspirated 05-09 mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
I agree with 08 bullet and CZYFAST. I think the BBK's are hit and miss..... I've heard some say good and some bad... Probably 50/50 which is horrible for a reputable company! Guess they need better QA on their pieces. I've heard good things about L&M, the GT500 TB, and having the FRPP one I can vouch for that one. That would be a good comparison.... Put those three against one another and see what gains can be had.
I agree for the comparison. It would be nice to read a real bench test for throttle bodies, a one that would compare major units, that would analyse the real impacts they have on our cars. Maybe it exists somewhere?
08 Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 62mm bore throttle bodies on naturally aspirated 05-09 mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Bullitt View Post
I agree for the comparison. It would be nice to read a real bench test for throttle bodies, a one that would compare major units, that would analyse the real impacts they have on our cars. Maybe it exists somewhere?
It probably does. I know I've seen somewhere in MM&FF or 5.0 magazine where they did a comparison with the L&M, but no clue where or how long ago I saw it! LOL!

It's getting harder to find articles on the 05-09, 2010 3v engines and even harder to find 99-04 tech articles with the focus on the new 5.0.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have heard that a 62 mm throttle body on a N/A will actually reduce air velocity resulting in low end torque and HP loss. Does any one know if this is true?
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504
I have heard that a 62 mm throttle body on a N/A will actually reduce air velocity resulting in low end torque and HP loss. Does any one know if this is true?
Could be..... They say on an all stock motor the factory intake manifold and TB are hard to beat, even with a CAI kit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT