Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need help with identifying my intake

9K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Built_GT_Tough 
#1 ·
Can anyone identify this intake? It came on my 07 GT. I am trying to order my tunes from Bama and they need to know my intake kit. It looks like the Injen intake to me. I googled images of a bunch and Injen seems to be the closest. There are not any logos or anything anywhere on it.

Thanks much!

Auto part Engine Vehicle Exhaust manifold Car

See less See more
#3 ·
Silly question. Did you take the filter off and look around and inside the rim? Maybe it's an old injen with a rubber connector, the new ones are all aluminum to the filter. It's weird there is no logo or part number.

#7 ·
Best bet is replace it with something you know is good.

#9 ·
I thought it might have been homemade...
I will try to take it apart and see if i can find anything. I really do not want to spend 200-350 bucks on a new intake. That money can go towards something else but if i have to then i have to.
It does look restrictive though, i dont like how it has to two big elbows on it going one way and then the other. I like the jlt and c&l because they are a straight shot to the TB.
Another thing im worried about now is if there is a tune on this car. There isn't a CEL light on and i have been running 87 without a problem. Just hope the car is unlocked if there was.

#11 ·
It looks like the MAF portion of the intake is sized down so that the engine would not need a new tune to accommodate the increased airflow. Probably one of those no-name E-Bay intakes. I had something similar on my last car. Justin at VMP Tuning had me measure the diameter of the MAF and he wrote a tune for it. BAMA should be able to do the same.

#12 ·
I was just looking at that some more - the heat shield seems backwards to me. Isn't it set up so that it blocks air coming in and is open to the heated air inside the engine compartment? The closed off portion is toward the fender and front, while the open portion is to the engine

#13 ·
ya i wouldnt use that, it has 2 90 degree bends and the MAF is a very small diameter so you cant and really dont need a tune for that cause its just a ugly Frankenstein but flows like the stock or worse

#15 ·
Yeah, it looks homemade, but at the same time.... the welds look pretty good! LOL! They at least took their time on it! As was said earlier I think they sized it down to avoid being retuned and as for the two 90 degree turns, looks like they were making clearance for the power steering reservoir. I agree with some others.... start fresh with a JLT or some brand where you know what you're getting!

#18 ·
As a welder, im incline to disagree on the whole welds look good thing

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Alright it's official, im getting a new intake. Anyone got opinions on the newer Steeda Proflow?
JLT 3 series, has the biggest MM Maf for the price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.