Sis may buy mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Sis may buy mustang

My sister is looking at buying a mustang there are a few she looking at what is a 06-08 v6 worth and what kind of problems are there with these models and is there anything to look for that may be something I can point out to get better deal
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Q8_STange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 13
I say v8 good
Q8_STange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Ya me too but she has to get car today only v8 s r new ones -used for sale on the lots r v6
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Go to a different dealer... V6 are lame IMO
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: Sis may buy mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
Go to a different dealer... V6 are lame IMO
Without v6 Mustangs selling, the v8 Mustang would cease to exist, so keep that in mind before you call them lame.

To the OP, the biggest issues with 05-09's are the guages crapping out & the faux leather door vinyl pealing off. However, most of those issues were found in the 05's and fixed by the end of the model year.

That being said, if you or your sister knows any mechanic friends, I would bring someone you trust to look over each of the cars & make sure everything seems to be running fine. Listen for any strange noises or grinding during the test drive, that kind of thing.
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Without v6 Mustangs selling, the v8 Mustang would cease to exist, so keep that in mind before you call them lame.

To the OP, the biggest issues with 05-09's are the guages crapping out & the faux leather door vinyl pealing off. However, most of those issues were found in the 05's and fixed by the end of the model year.

That being said, if you or your sister knows any mechanic friends, I would bring someone you trust to look over each of the cars & make sure everything seems to be running fine. Listen for any strange noises or grinding during the test drive, that kind of thing.
I know ... Just wished it was not that way... I'm a d..k sorry, I just bought a 92 LX hatch when I was sixteen it was a 4 cylinder and my plans were to drop a 306 in it... Never happened so I have held a grudge ever since lol ... Not the cars fault ... But still
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
78survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 108
Quote:

I know ... Just wished it was not that way... I'm a d..k sorry, I just bought a 92 LX hatch when I was sixteen it was a 4 cylinder and my plans were to drop a 306 in it... Never happened so I have held a grudge ever since lol ... Not the cars fault ... But still
was yours white? Haha
78survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Lol no deep red
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Without v6 Mustangs selling, the v8 Mustang would cease to exist, so keep that in mind before you call them lame.

To the OP, the biggest issues with 05-09's are the guages crapping out & the faux leather door vinyl pealing off. However, most of those issues were found in the 05's and fixed by the end of the model year.

That being said, if you or your sister knows any mechanic friends, I would bring someone you trust to look over each of the cars & make sure everything seems to be running fine. Listen for any strange noises or grinding during the test drive, that kind of thing.
Win ^^^ listen

OP- The only thing that drives me crazy is there's no in car trunk release, you have to buy it aftermarket, otherwise I've never had any problems exterior or interior, its an amazing car!
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
betojaimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 120
Re: Sis may buy mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
The only thing that drives me crazy is there's no in car trunk release, you have to buy it aftermarket, otherwise I've never had any problems exterior or interior, its an amazing car!
Agreed! The trunk release is the only thing that bugs me about it. Oh and if a v6 is all she can get try to at least find a Pony Package. It might cost a bit more, but it's definitely worth it
__________________
betojaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
One issue the 05-10 model mustangs have is the cam phasers. (it may only be in the V8 models) but I just bought an 05 GT, I searched and searched known problems just to see what I am getting into, and that came up several times for people. (that and the gauge problems)

To check can phasers the car MUST be warm, when warm and at idle car will make a loud knocking, believe me it's loud. You will hear it.
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
It's 07 120k getting it for 6100 pony plg and shaker sys automatic all gauges work drives and runs like new
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Re: Sis may buy mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY View Post
It's 07 120k getting it for 6100 pony plg and shaker sys automatic all gauges work drives and runs like new
check gauges again.. lol.. mine worked when I test drove it. but two days later... they started acting up badly. when you turn the car off can you hear a grinding noise from the dash? if so.. those stepper motors need to be replaced.
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I know the GTs got voted in the top 10 cars in america for up to 250,000 miles... Don't know if that applies to v6
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Re: Sis may buy mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
I know the GTs got voted in the top 10 cars in america for up to 250,000 miles... Don't know if that applies to v6
thats cool!!! I didnt know that. Where is that info at?
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Let me see if I can find it... I found it b4 I got my car
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Cash is king buddy $6250 30 day warrantee.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3523525336.png
Views:	64
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	37445  
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Google best cars to make it to 250 k...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Re: Sis may buy mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY View Post
Cash is king buddy $6250 30 day warrantee.
great 30 day warranty is where its at! have fun!
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Oh she smiling from ear to ear now all 3 of us kids have mustangs. 98 v6, 02 gt, 07 v6

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I actually won the very first titled 05 mustang. That was avail to the public. I sold it before I even drove it. Needed the money more at the time.
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Re: Sis may buy mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
Google best cars to make it to 250 k...
maybe I am slow.. but I am not finding anything about 250k rated cars...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY View Post
[/COLOR]I actually won the very first titled 05 mustang. That was avail to the public. I sold it before I even drove it. Needed the money more at the time.
thats awesone... smart.. I am sure you sold it WAY over book value anyway...
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles.young10

maybe I am slow.. but I am not finding anything about 250k rated cars...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------



thats awesone... smart.. I am sure you sold it WAY over book value anyway...
Lol no actually sold it for 15g. Plus they paid the sales tax
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by betojaimes

Agreed! The trunk release is the only thing that bugs me about it. Oh and if a v6 is all she can get try to at least find a Pony Package. It might cost a bit more, but it's definitely worth it
Totally pony package all the way, especially the IUP as well, worth it!
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I found through a mustang board... Was a link .... It was reader digest or something
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #25
Registered User
Newbie
 
Q8_STange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 13
Nice car
Good choose for a girl

Good luck
Q8_STange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
MarshallYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles.young10

check gauges again.. lol.. mine worked when I test drove it. but two days later... they started acting up badly. when you turn the car off can you hear a grinding noise from the dash? if so.. those stepper motors need to be replaced.
Alright, totally off topic but my gauges make that grinding noise like you were talking about. Where should I take it to replace those "stepper motors" and what will happen if I don't?
MarshallYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallYoung

Alright, totally off topic but my gauges make that grinding noise like you were talking about. Where should I take it to replace those "stepper motors" and what will happen if I don't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallYoung

Alright, totally off topic but my gauges make that grinding noise like you were talking about. Where should I take it to replace those "stepper motors" and what will happen if I don't?
You will have to find someone that can do electrical work. It won't hurt anything at all if it's not done, the gauges just won't work or read out right. I personally would just drive the car until you notice the gauges messing up on ya. If they have been working right, and they are making that noise, then they are on their way out. Search "stepper" in this website and you will find a post I created with a DIY in it. It's actually really easy to do. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Just buy the motors (25 dollars or so) and take out the panel (very easy to do) and take it to someone to replace those motors.
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What mods can get 350+hp? Johnstonb93 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 101 11-06-2017 12:25 PM
1969 Mustang Coupe Restoration Project yellow99 Classic Mustangs 5 10-15-2011 11:05 AM
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra Project yellow99 1979-1995 Mustang GT 0 09-03-2011 06:51 PM
1971 Mustang Fastback Project yellow99 Classic Mustangs 0 09-03-2011 06:49 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:32 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.