Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ordered my black Bullitt Motorsports today!!

10K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  RVAStang05 
#1 ·
Finally, after nearly 6 months of agonizing, penny-pinching, plastidipping, tire scrutinizing, waffling, etc... I have placed my order for my new rims - 18" staggered, on Nitto 555s.

I'm a little apprehensive, because I fully intended on ordering these from AM. When I called this morning the back tires were out of stock!! Talk about anti climactic... because of this they would not let me price match (i totally would have waited for the tires if they would have let me pricematch and pay for them today) so off I went to Cruizin Concepts. I have heard some mixed reviews on them, whereas I'm very comfortable dealing with AM. But I really needed to get these ordered today, so we'll see what happens.

So far I've had a good experience. The guy on the phone was very helpful, and I got an copy of my receipt in my email this afternoon with everything correct. And when I went to order the lug nuts he told be I'd get them for free! So if I see some big boxes on my porch in the next 7-12 days and they got the right things in them and it all looks good, they will have a new customer for life. I'm a very conscious consumer, and I'm loyal.

I'm so stoked on how these are gonna look on my car... Super super super excited.

See less See more
#3 ·
Charles.young10 said:
Congrats on the rims! But wait.. People actually pasti dip their rims!?!?!?! Woah.. How did that turn out?
Pretty darn good I think- check it!

Attachments

#6 ·
Yeah it's my daily driver- they've held up pretty well. I had to get a couple nails pulled out and the tire patched, and that messed it up on the edge but retouch is super easy. Plasti dip is the bomb. I did it to see if I liked the look of black wheels on my car, and I sho nuff do.

#8 ·
Okay, Cruizin Concepts totally screwed my order up.... I re ordered them from American Muscle yesterday. I figured out on Monday, after a certain amount of getting jerked around, that CC actually had backordered my wheels and they were not expected for 30-45 days!!!! I asked why the guy on the phone told me they were in stock and would be shipping in 3-12 days. Not only did he tell me they were in stock, he went through this whole long explanation of how the tires were coming from their Texas location and they'd assemble them and ship them out of the GA facility etc etc..... I mean WTF?? I had taken out a loan, after waiting nearly 6 months to get my finances straight to buy these!!

I cancelled my order early morning last Tues and didn't get my money back til Friday.

They didn't really have an answer for that. They also didn't have an answer when I asked if they were just going to wait a month before sending me a tracking number.....just unbelievable. Now I see why they have a sketchy rep on the forums, and so much for giving someone the benefit of the doubt and taking a chance on them. Shoulda gone with tried and true. The only reason I did not order with AM from the get go is that they were out of stock in the day I called.....

Anyway, I really hope my wheel drama is over and sometime next week the right wheels are waiting for me in my front porch when I get home... And I've learned my lesson- no more shopping anywhere but AM - they really are the blueprint model for good customer service.

#10 ·
blackhawk 1 said:
i knew that was gonna happen , am to the rescue
Yeah I knew it was gonna happen too, but I talked myself into ordering from Cruizin because I really wanted to get the order in that day.
And their website is very convincing... And they sponsor forums fergoshsakes.... But I'd heard bad stuff and I should have listened to people.
thank god there are good retailers out there- I think AM, Steeda, CJs, Strano, and JLT are examples of e-tailers who have their **** together....

#11 ·
I had some good experience with American Muscle, but also with LateModel Resroration. Think LMR has more parts and offerings.

#12 ·
RVAStang05 said:
Yeah I knew it was gonna happen too, but I talked myself into ordering from Cruizin because I really wanted to get the order in that day.
And their website is very convincing... And they sponsor forums fergoshsakes.... But I'd heard bad stuff and I should have listened to people.
thank god there are good retailers out there- I think AM, Steeda, CJs, Strano, and JLT are examples of e-tailers who have their **** together....
Okay I got my wheels from American muscle today and they are soooooooooo cool! I rushed home to put them on during my lunch break today :)
I love AM so much I could almost get their logo tattooed on my butt... Seriously, that company is THE model for how a business should be run. I'm in marketing and I'm always on the lookout for the perfect business. Before I discovered AM it was a toss up between Apple and Pfizer.... But I digress.

Damn those wheels look good and they had them on my porch within 5 days of me placing the order!!

#13 ·
Okay here are the pics- I like the front passenger side shot because you can see the LLR number :)

Attachments

#14 ·
RVAStang05 said:
Okay I got my wheels from American muscle today and they are soooooooooo cool! I rushed home to put them on during my lunch break today :)
I love AM so much I could almost get their logo tattooed on my butt... Seriously, that company is THE model for how a business should be run. I'm in marketing and I'm always on the lookout for the perfect business. Before I discovered AM it was a toss up between Apple and Pfizer.... But I digress.

Damn those wheels look good and they had them on my porch within 5 days of me placing the order!!
I'm happy your frown turned upside down! Those rims are rockin. Good taste!

#16 ·
Looks much better...Now lower the car PLEASE!!!!

#17 ·
wheels change a cars look so much, and yes LOWER it lol, its so darn easy and doesnt cost to much either. You and some friends can install those springs in no time then go get an alignment.

#18 ·
I know I know... But I wanna do shocks and struts- figured I ought to do those and lower it at the same time, so it's gotta ride around with it's butt up in the air for a month or so while my pocketbook recovers from those wheels :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.