My 08 GT is on order so my 06 is for sale - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #1

My 08 GT is on order so my 06 is for sale

Hello everyone,
Just joined the forum, I have a 2008 GT on order and I am trying to sell my 06 its on ebay if you are interested. Vista Blue, Black leather Int, 5spd, Shelby stripes. 16,000miles never driven in winter months. Ebay item Number = 130172246753. I am selling it for 22,400. Dealer will ask 24,000+. It has to go fast so act soon or dealer gets it back.

Also have a question. Should Ford put a Independent Rear Suspension in the Mustang?
Comet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: My 08 GT is on order so my 06 is for sale

if ford put an IRS in the stang the price would increase due to its more expensive and to get back the R and D they put into it. It would be fine if it was a solid peice instead of a POS like the 99-04 cobra got.... the live axle does the job and does it good... so I dont see them needing to change it anytime soon.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Yes Ford should offer both a stick axle and a IRS on the Mustang.(the IRS would carry a increase in price ofcourse) Spec you should trade your POS rearend in for a straight axle. I'm sure you would love the way your nose heavy pig handles then.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Yes Ford should offer both a stick axle and a IRS on the Mustang.(the IRS would carry a increase in price ofcourse) Spec you should trade your POS rearend in for a straight axle. I'm sure you would love the way your nose heavy pig handles then.
An option is the perfect solution...offer the IRS as standard as most will be used on the street anyhow...put a properly designed IRS in the car not one made to work in something it wasn't designed for.

Then offer a drag pack option that comes with a different suspension setup geared more towards the 1/4 mile enthusiasts and a solid rear.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

wrong forum for the car for sale, plus you have to have more than one post to put something up for sale

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #6

What if it was the other way around and the Drag pack w solid axle was the option? And let's not forget this platform came from the Lincoln LS and it had IRS. It was changed to accept a solid year axle.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet66 View Post
What if it was the other way around and the Drag pack w solid axle was the option? And let's not forget this platform came from the Lincoln LS and it had IRS. It was changed to accept a solid year axle.
That's what I originally said. Make the IRS standard since most mustangs do not see the 1/4 mile, and then offer a drag pack option with a solid rear. :dunno:
Old 11-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

there cant be much of a change from the 06 to the 08 is there to bother selling the car for it?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyPony View Post
there cant be much of a change from the 06 to the 08 is there to bother selling the car for it?
I looked it up and the only "big" change is that the 08 is now comes with HID headlights, everything else is about the same.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

THATS ABOUT STUPID TO GET ONE THEN!

I am sorry but why go in debt 2twice especially if you have moded it out!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #11

The car was leased. Its time the car goes back or I buy it. Its worth more than the lease buy out, in fact the dealer will have to pay Ford Credit more than my lease buy out price. The dealer is just going to turn around and sell it for more than I can offer someone the car.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Comet 66, why would you get an automatic instead of another stick?
I completely don`t understand that.
DVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #13

Who said I was getting an auto? no I am getting another 5spd with a few more options. White this time with blue stripes.

For every ones information 08 Mustangs are leasing out very well, the residual values are very high for a GT - 69% for a GT cpe, 72% if you can do a low mileage lease, this can make for some low lease payments with very little cash down.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

My apologies Comet 66, I mixed up 08geetee`s post with yours.
Damn this aging process!
DVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVII View Post
My apologies Comet 66, I mixed up 08geetee`s post with yours.
Damn this aging process!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to smythge

Quote:
The car was leased. Its time the car goes back or I buy it. Its worth more than the lease buy out, in fact the dealer will have to pay Ford Credit more than my lease buy out price. The dealer is just going to turn around and sell it for more than I can offer someone the car.
I get the fact that the "retail" value of the car is worth more than the lease buy out, what I don't get is why the dealer is going to have to pay Ford Credit more than the lease buy out? Doesn't the dealer either turn the car back into Ford, or pay the remaining balance and keep the car, help me out here.
smythge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smythge View Post
I get the fact that the "retail" value of the car is worth more than the lease buy out, what I don't get is why the dealer is going to have to pay Ford Credit more than the lease buy out? Doesn't the dealer either turn the car back into Ford, or pay the remaining balance and keep the car, help me out here.
No, the dealership ships the car out to auction....unless they know they can sell it real quick.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to smythge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
No, the dealership ships the car out to auction....unless they know they can sell it real quick.
Got that, still unclear why anyone would owe Ford Credit more than the buy out?
smythge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smythge View Post
Got that, still unclear why anyone would owe Ford Credit more than the buy out?
I don't believe that is the case as the dealership buys it for less than they sold it for anyhow. The expected depreciation is what you "lease"...so I believe it is a wash.

I'm not sure where he is getting that the dealership is going to lose money on it by paying more than the buyout. The buyout really has nothing to do with the dealership...just relates to the value owed by you, the leasor.

The car will just go to auction where another dealership will pick it up cheap and will sell it for profit. It is better for him to make the private sale as it would put some dough in his pocket.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #20

Ok, Ok this is how it works. You have a buy out from Ford Credit on you lease. In the case that the residual value (the lease buy out price) is lower than the used market is paying for the cars even the wholesale value you should buy the car and sell it. Now if you decide to turn the car in the dealer has to register the car online with Ford Credit and it goes up for an online auction. That dealer will of course have the first rights to bid on the car. Ford Credit sets a minimum auction bid price the dealer must pay to get the car, if he chooses not to bid that price it will go through the online auction and any Ford dealer can bid on the car. The highest bid gets the car. My buy out was for $19,200 the online bid from Ford Credit was $20,500. The dealer has the car now and is going to sell it, most likely it will go for $24,000. Why would I lease an 08??? easy the residual values for a 24 month, 10,000 miles a year lease is 72%!!!! which means a great monthly payment and not taking to much cash out of the bank to spend on a depreciating asset. I would have to put $10,000 down to get the same monthly payment. I can make money investing that that $10,000 over the next 2 yrs, Its just makes financial sense. I highly suggest anyone who has been thinking about getting one of the new Mustangs but thought they were financially out of reach visit you dealer now and talk about leasing the GT for 2 yrs low mileage Ford Credit lease.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
easy the residual values for a 24 month, 10,000 miles a year lease is 72%!!!!
The most important thing in the above sentence being the "10,000 miles a year" limit that is on a lease...Leasing a car can be a very sound financial choice if it's done right. I, unfortunately, drive a vehicle entirely too much....I average minimum 20,000 miles on a vehicle per year, and with a lease, if you go over your mileage limit, you WILL pay...The F-150 that I just bought 3 months ago brand new already had 5200 miles on it...which is the exact reason why i could never lease a car...but if i was in a situation where i had a vehicle that i didn't drive much or lived in an area that there wasn't a lot of long-distance driving necessary, i would consider leasing a vehicle in a heartbeat...but again, going past your mileage limit will kill you financially when your lease is up...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I couldt do well with a lease myself not living in the country and driving to the city for work everyday.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT