Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Upper Control Arm

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
Just installed LCA from Steeda. Is there a big benefit fro
Replacing the upper? Is it just the adjustability that you gain?

#3 ·
Aggiesrok said:
Just installed LCA from Steeda. Is there a big benefit fro
Replacing the upper? Is it just the adjustability that you gain?
Be careful when you buy adjustable UCA. I've read about many people snapping them(mostly because most of them can't drive) lol. But people buy them because apparently its a night and day difference with traction off the line and wheel hop is lessened. I just say buy stickier tires for better traction.

#4 ·
S197Miller said:
Be careful when you buy adjustable UCA. I've read about many people snapping them(mostly because most of them can't drive) lol. But people buy them because apparently its a night and day difference with traction off the line and wheel hop is lessened. I just say buy stickier tires for better traction.
What exactly causes them to snap? Is it just continuously launching the hell out of it?

#6 ·
Aggiesrok said:
What exactly causes them to snap? Is it just continuously launching the hell out of it?
Not too sure. But from what I hear, the UCA is put under a lot of stress and the adjustable ones are not strong enough to hold all of the stress. But like I said, I'm not too sure of why they break. Maybe if you get some high dollar ones you will be fine. I just see them as a waste of money unless you go to the track every weekend. IMO

#7 ·
You just have to buy a good brand uca and you'll have no issues,maximum motorsports, metco, UMI, j&m, bmr, upr, jpc are all good brands and their products have been on everything from 7 sec drag cars to 13 sec street cars and corner carving road course cars. As for adjustable vs solid depends on your needs, an adjustable uca is is necessary when you need to adjust pinion angle if your lowered or running a lowered k member, otherwise a solid uca will suit you just fine

#8 ·
uppers on pre 05s can create binding due to how they are designed so they are not recommended to be replaced if you dont keep rubber bushings

for 05+ no idea how their geometry works, might be more helpful. The issue is the one side raising up the other side going down if this puts stress on the bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.