anyone here running nos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
anyone here running nos

is anyone here running nos on their s197 ? if so maybe I can pick your brain a little bit
and and and I DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_QJ...ure=plcp<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfvYVYlfio&feature=plcp
Sirtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You mean Nitrous? Lol
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I wouldn't I've seen to many cars blow up because the fuel puddles in the intake then catches fire and then your whole car is a total loss

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
I wouldn't I've seen to many cars blow up because the fuel puddles in the intake then catches fire and then your whole car is a total loss
it's only a car !!! with proper dyno tuning and window switch it should be fine... it is a forged engine...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_QJ...ure=plcp<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfvYVYlfio&feature=plcp
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtat

it's only a car !!! with proper dyno tuning and window switch it should be fine... it is a forged engine...
Forged engine doesn't make a fire proof car nor does a tune, a window switch is the only thing you mentioned that might help it from puddling in the intake, mostly happens on launch, but the ya it's only a car but some people put alot of time and money in the car and would suck to watch it burn, just get boosted

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Watch this bet his car is totaled

Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Forged engine doesn't make a fire proof car nor does a tune, a window switch is the only thing you mentioned that might help it from puddling in the intake, mostly happens on launch, but the ya it's only a car but some people put alot of time and money in the car and would suck to watch it burn, just get boosted
+1
My dad and I ran "nos" in his camaro. It was fun and exciting and cool to purge the lines. But all in all he completely regrets installing the system.
1. Has too many problems to tune, even with a window switch.
2. Not as efficient as you see in the movies. About half way down the track he said that the spray acts up every time
3. If you're doing more than a 200 shot, it is 10 times more scary and dangerous than 200hp FI.

He tells me all the time that he should have just gone with a blower instead. Better, easier, and more reliable to boost.
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm already running a vortech v-2 HO pushing right around 18psi I don't plan on launching with nos, just for 3rd and 4th at the drag strip...

I'm not really looking for opinions on whether or not I should put a nos kit on my car, it's already installed Except for the fuel rail block port and I'm taking my after-cooler to my friend tomorrow so he can tig the fogger nozzle and my new turbo smart blow off valve in...

going to the dyno on the 26th not sure if we will end up doing a run with nos or not. as long as it is all for April I'm happy
I don't need anymore power on the street right now...

thank you though for your opinions !!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtat
I'm already running a vortech v-2 HO pushing right around 18psi I don't plan on launching with nos, just for 3rd and 4th at the drag strip...

I'm not really looking for opinions on whether or not I should put a nos kit on my car, it's already installed Except for the fuel rail block port and I'm taking my after-cooler to my friend tomorrow so he can tig the fogger nozzle and my new turbo smart blow off valve in...

going to the dyno on the 26th not sure if we will end up doing a run with nos or not. as long as it is all for April I'm happy
I don't need anymore power on the street right now...

thank you though for your opinions !!
18 psi. So that's probably close to 800rwhp? And you want to spray? If my numbers are off someone let me know. I'm curious of what 18psi can do.
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
To each his own just dont go blow ur self up k? I dont wanna read about u in the obituaries.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Watch this bet his car is totaled
Lol i love how the dude just leasurlly walks up with the fire extinguisher like "doby do oh oh look at that a fire ok lets see hear how does this thing work" lol!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #10

Region: Maryland
Re: anyone here running nos

Ok let's clear a few things up, nos is brand nitrous is the chemical. Using nitrous is just as safe if not safer than your other boost choices. As for spray puddling in the intake, is either caused by low bottle pressure or having your nozzle too close to the manifold not giving enough time to spread out evenly. As for window switches I feel they are a crutch and never used one, my foot was my window switch. As for fires being mentioned, nitrous isn't flammable, the fires you see in those videos are caused by the extra fuel. Also forged internals were mentioned, on a 3v its not really necessary to consider until your well over a 175 shot by then you'll need a fuel system upgrade (boost-a-pump, gt500pumps, higher flow injectors etc) why I chose spray over boost is can go to the track beat on the car, then drive home without the constant stress of boost on a motor
BIGCHRISS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197
Ok let's clear a few things up, nos is brand nitrous is the chemical. Using nitrous is just as safe if not safer than your other boost choices. As for spray puddling in the intake, is either caused by low bottle pressure or having your nozzle too close to the manifold not giving enough time to spread out evenly. As for window switches I feel they are a crutch and never used one, my foot was my window switch. As for fires being mentioned, nitrous isn't flammable, the fires you see in those videos are caused by the extra fuel. Also forged internals were mentioned, on a 3v its not really necessary to consider until your well over a 175 shot by then you'll need a fuel system upgrade (boost-a-pump, gt500pumps, higher flow injectors etc) why I chose spray over boost is can go to the track beat on the car, then drive home without the constant stress of boost on a motor

Yes that what I said, it's the fuel that puddles in the intake, and as for safer then forced induction, I doubt it

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Can you put a dry kit on these cars? That's more dangerous to the motor but it won't burn down your car, and who doesn't know No2 is an oxidizer

Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #12

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Yes that what I said, it's the fuel that puddles in the intake, and as for safer then forced induction, I doubt it

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Can you put a dry kit on these cars? That's more dangerous to the motor but it won't burn down your car, and who doesn't know No2 is an oxidizer
You won't have any puddling issues if you set up and run your system right. You technically can put a dry kit on these cars, but it requires precise tuning to maintain optimum fuel/nitrous levels.
BIGCHRISS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
I've run N02 on at least 6 of my cars through the years and NEVER experienced this problem ???
Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

fuel is obviously heavier then air, if the fuel does not atomize it essentially falls out of the air and can puddle in the intake..

with proper placement and the use of the fogger nozzle combined with the window switch opening above 3000rpm and not launching with the nitrous greatly reduces the risk of a nitrous backfire.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

and I'm only going to be jetting it for 100-125 HP shot..

as far as my fuel system, I have the gt500 duel pumps and 60 LB injectors to feed my monster. duty cycle of the pump and injectors are fine..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT